Murray: I can win French Open - Page 18 - MensTennisForums.com
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #256 of 278 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 10:53 AM
Federer Fan & Dull Hater
 
duarte_a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 11,380
                     
Re: Murray: I can win French Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moozza View Post
I am. How many people have won Wimbledon? How many have won the OG at Wimbledon?


slams > YEC > olympic gold. I thought this was already established.

duarte_a is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #257 of 278 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 10:58 AM
Registered User
 
Moozza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 7,478
                     
Re: Murray: I can win French Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by duarte_a View Post


slams > YEC > olympic gold. I thought this was already established.
Olympics is definitely greater than YEC.

YEC-Players are exhausted from the long year. Can lose a match and still win tournament.
Olympics-Players already talking about Rio 2016. Clearly see it as being on par with slams.
Moozza is offline  
post #258 of 278 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 11:01 AM
ALT-0
 
Litotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norway
Age: 44
Posts: 61,540
                     
Re: Murray: I can win French Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moozza View Post
I am. How many people have won Wimbledon? How many have won the OG at Wimbledon?
Even if it only happened once it's not that interesting. Madrid on blue clay was also only once....
Litotes is offline  
 
post #259 of 278 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 11:03 AM
ALT-0
 
Litotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norway
Age: 44
Posts: 61,540
                     
Re: Murray: I can win French Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moozza View Post
Olympics is definitely greater than YEC.

YEC-Players are exhausted from the long year. Can lose a match and still win tournament.
Olympics-Players already talking about Rio 2016. Clearly see it as being on par with slams.
Nobody is talking about Rio 2016 exept Brazilian journalists who ask the stars that visit Brazil what they think about it. And get polite answers.

The only ones that think OG is bigger than the WTF are those that are fans of a player that has won the former but not the latter. Self-serving argument if ever there was one.
Litotes is offline  
post #260 of 278 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 11:08 AM
Registered User
 
Moozza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 7,478
                     
Re: Murray: I can win French Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
Nobody is talking about Rio 2016 exept Brazilian journalists who ask the stars that visit Brazil what they think about it. And get polite answers.

The only ones that think OG is bigger than the WTF are those that are fans of a player that has won the former but not the latter. Self-serving argument if ever there was one.


That's funny you see because I was going to say the very same thing about you.
Moozza is offline  
post #261 of 278 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 11:15 AM
ALT-0
 
Litotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norway
Age: 44
Posts: 61,540
                     
Re: Murray: I can win French Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moozza View Post
That's funny you see because I was going to say the very same thing about you.
But then, my friend, you would strike out. I have followed tennis since 1980. My favourite back in 2000 was Yevgeny Kafelnikov, who - as you remember - won the OG that year. And he never won the WTF. That does not change my view about the tournament. The OG is the biggest event in existence for all the small sports participating there, plus swimming and track-and-field. The other big ones, like football and tennis, have more important events.

With your faith in Murray you should not have to prop up the OG like this. I'm sure Murray has won the Wimbledon proper at least a couple of times already in your mind.
Litotes is offline  
post #262 of 278 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 11:17 AM
Federer Fan & Dull Hater
 
duarte_a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 11,380
                     
Re: Murray: I can win French Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moozza View Post
That's funny you see because I was going to say the very same thing about you.
Okay. But at least it is established that slams > Olympics. So Wimbledon title > Olympic gold at Wimbledon.

duarte_a is offline  
post #263 of 278 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 01:05 PM
Registered User
 
TBkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Age: 22
Posts: 4,571
                     
Re: Murray: I can win French Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moozza View Post
I am. How many people have won Wimbledon? How many have won the OG at Wimbledon?

MR. FOREVER "UNDERRENTED"

SLAMS: 4 SEMIS, 6 QUARTERS
WTF: 1 TITLE, 1 FINAL, 1 SEMI
MASTERS: 3 TITLES, 5 SEMIS, 10 QUARTERS
TITLES: 21
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 482-329
TBkeeper is offline  
post #264 of 278 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 01:36 PM
Federer Fan & Dull Hater
 
duarte_a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 11,380
                     
Re: Murray: I can win French Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBkeeper View Post

duarte_a is offline  
post #265 of 278 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 03:05 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 177
                     
Re: Murray: I can win French Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
Nobody is talking about Rio 2016 exept Brazilian journalists who ask the stars that visit Brazil what they think about it. And get polite answers.

The only ones that think OG is bigger than the WTF are those that are fans of a player that has won the former but not the latter. Self-serving argument if ever there was one.
Perfectly said
Orangeball is offline  
post #266 of 278 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 03:22 PM
Registered User
 
born_on_clay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,691
                     
Re: Murray: I can win French Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirata. View Post


Good luck, bro.



His chances are actually worse than Ferrer's. Ferrer would more than likely beat him at RG like he did last year.
seconded

Rafael Nadal
CAREER GOLDEN GRAND SLAM
♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔
66 Titles | 27 Masters 1000 |Olympic Games Singles Gold Medalist | 139 Weeks at no.1
3 year end no.1 | 4 Davis Cups | 739 singles match wins
born_on_clay is offline  
post #267 of 278 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 04:24 PM
Registered User
 
Moozza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 7,478
                     
Re: Murray: I can win French Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
But then, my friend, you would strike out. I have followed tennis since 1980. My favourite back in 2000 was Yevgeny Kafelnikov, who - as you remember - won the OG that year. And he never won the WTF. That does not change my view about the tournament. The OG is the biggest event in existence for all the small sports participating there, plus swimming and track-and-field. The other big ones, like football and tennis, have more important events.

With your faith in Murray you should not have to prop up the OG like this. I'm sure Murray has won the Wimbledon proper at least a couple of times already in your mind.
Obviously I know Murray has yet to win Wimbledon,I'm not deluded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duarte_a View Post
Okay. But at least it is established that slams > Olympics. So Wimbledon title > Olympic gold at Wimbledon.
I never said that.
Moozza is offline  
post #268 of 278 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 04:39 PM
Registered User
 
ProdigyEng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Age: 24
Posts: 33,148
                     
Re: Murray: I can win French Open

Vintage Moozza <3

Mark Lenders banged your girlfriend, I'm sorry to tell you that mate.
ProdigyEng is offline  
post #269 of 278 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 05:57 PM
Registered User
 
tennishero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,433
                     
Re: Murray: I can win French Open

yes with murrays luck he will get a withdrawal every round and nadal in the final playing on a wheelchair and of course in hurricane conditions.
tennishero is offline  
post #270 of 278 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 06:01 PM
ALT-0
 
Litotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norway
Age: 44
Posts: 61,540
                     
Re: Murray: I can win French Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moozza View Post
Obviously I know Murray has yet to win Wimbledon,I'm not deluded.
I didn't suggest you were deluded. Just from your "Murray is already #2 in my mind" comment I figured you could improve reality, so to speak, for your own benefit. That is an excellet ability to have. Of course, it's at it's very best when you don't feel the need to get others to agree with you.
Litotes is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome