Djokovic: "The same Slams as Edberg and Becker? I got shivers..." - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #151 of 170 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 10:08 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 263
                     
Re: Djokovic: "The same Slams as Edberg and Becker? I got shivers..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Violation View Post


Can you be any more delusional? Fed and others are not winning because they have the attention. On the contrary, they got the attention because they were so good and winning in the first place. There are also examples of players who were hyped without anything to back it up, and they are barely top 100 now. Hype or no hype, quality will find the way to the top.
Hard to know what's quality when everything's crap.
Fishnet is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #152 of 170 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 10:10 PM
Registered User
 
retister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Age: 40
Posts: 2,433
                     
Re: Djokovic: "The same Slams as Edberg and Becker? I got shivers..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
And Santoro is by far the superior tennis player to Safin.
Takes a bit more matches than that to get a clear picture.

While Montenegro was part of Yugoslavia, its internet domain was .yu, now it is .me
retister is offline  
post #153 of 170 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 10:12 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Age: 32
Posts: 200
                     
Re: Djokovic: "The same Slams as Edberg and Becker? I got shivers..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestly View Post
Wow. Didn't know you were this much of a mug
You are beyond pathetic... And Novak is already better than those other two...
scoutreporter is offline  
post #154 of 170 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 10:13 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,104
                     
Re: Djokovic: "The same Slams as Edberg and Becker? I got shivers..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by retister View Post
Takes a bit more matches than that to get a clear picture.
They played 9 times and Safin only won two of them.
Singularity is offline  
post #155 of 170 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 10:33 PM
Registered User
 
retister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Age: 40
Posts: 2,433
                     
Re: Djokovic: "The same Slams as Edberg and Becker? I got shivers..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
They played 9 times and Safin only won two of them.
I think Marat won 3, but nevermind. To repeat myself, it takes a bit more matches than that to get a really clear picture, like 28, for example. But even 7-3 h2h suggests that Santoro was, in fact, superior to Safin, specifically.

While Montenegro was part of Yugoslavia, its internet domain was .yu, now it is .me
retister is offline  
post #156 of 170 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 10:37 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 263
                     
Re: Djokovic: "The same Slams as Edberg and Becker? I got shivers..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by retister View Post
I think Marat won 3, but nevermind. To repeat myself, it takes a bit more matches than that to get a really clear picture, like 28, for example. But even 7-3 h2h suggests that Santoro was, in fact, superior to Safin, specifically.
Fishnet is offline  
post #157 of 170 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 10:42 PM
Registered User
 
retister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Age: 40
Posts: 2,433
                     
Re: Djokovic: "The same Slams as Edberg and Becker? I got shivers..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnet View Post
Think harder.

While Montenegro was part of Yugoslavia, its internet domain was .yu, now it is .me
retister is offline  
post #158 of 170 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 10:47 PM
Slacker
 
Time Violation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mount Sharp
Age: 37
Posts: 15,516
                     
Re: Djokovic: "The same Slams as Edberg and Becker? I got shivers..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnet View Post
Hard to know what's quality when everything's crap.
Everything is crap because you say so. Wow, that's an awesome argument, I guess it doesn't get much better than that

“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline  
post #159 of 170 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 10:55 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,104
                     
Re: Djokovic: "The same Slams as Edberg and Becker? I got shivers..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by retister View Post
I think Marat won 3, but nevermind. To repeat myself, it takes a bit more matches than that to get a really clear picture, like 28, for example. But even 7-3 h2h suggests that Santoro was, in fact, superior to Safin, specifically.
The ATP site says 7-2, though it seems Safin beat him in the Hopman Cup, which isn't included.

In any case, lets suppose that Santoro is the superior player as the H2H suggests. Why does the superior player have a highest ranking of 17, with only 1 GS QF in his entire career?
Singularity is offline  
post #160 of 170 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 10:58 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 263
                     
Re: Djokovic: "The same Slams as Edberg and Becker? I got shivers..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by retister View Post
Think harder.
My brain considered your line of thinking so preposterous it refused to even spend a single impulse in formulating a response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Violation View Post
Everything is crap because you say so. Wow, that's an awesome argument, I guess it doesn't get much better than that
No, it's not because I'm saying so.

It's just clear to anyone who has ever watched tennis before 2002.
Fishnet is offline  
post #161 of 170 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 11:08 PM
Registered User
 
Alex999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kanata
Posts: 11,581
                     
Re: Djokovic: "The same Slams as Edberg and Becker? I got shivers..."

and now we are talking about Safin and Santoro, just lovely. I love MTF.
Alex999 is offline  
post #162 of 170 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 11:18 PM
Registered User
 
EliSter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: everywhere...
Age: 26
Posts: 5,954
                     
Re: Djokovic: "The same Slams as Edberg and Becker? I got shivers..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnet View Post
My brain considered your line of thinking so preposterous it refused to even spend a single impulse in formulating a response.



No, it's not because I'm saying so.

It's just clear to anyone who has ever watched tennis in 2004-2007 .
Fixed for you tard.

Quote:
To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.

BigJohn
EliSter is offline  
post #163 of 170 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 11:36 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,995
                     
Re: Djokovic: "The same Slams as Edberg and Becker? I got shivers..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
stop posting mug...............
Serverer is offline  
post #164 of 170 (permalink) Old 02-02-2013, 12:10 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,672
                     
Re: Djokovic: "The same Slams as Edberg and Becker? I got shivers..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by retister View Post
I think Marat won 3, but nevermind. To repeat myself, it takes a bit more matches than that to get a really clear picture, like 28, for example. But even 7-3 h2h suggests that Santoro was, in fact, superior to Safin, specifically.
Honestly is offline  
post #165 of 170 (permalink) Old 02-02-2013, 12:12 AM
Registered User
 
arod3425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 668
                     
Re: Djokovic: "The same Slams as Edberg and Becker? I got shivers..."

This thread is a mess. It's shifted topic about 4 times now.

B-Nard
Nole
Borna
Kei
arod3425 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome