How to make tennis highlight videos? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 11:33 AM
Registered User
 
Burrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 19,442
                     
Re: How to make tennis highlight videos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianabones View Post
What format is the footage you've got? Are you sure your application can read the format your looking at?

By the sounds of it, you really are new to this and need to start off with something much smaller.
I've used Windows (live) Movie Maker to make tennis videos for about 5 years now. I convert the dvd's using any video coverter. The latest one I converted into an avi file shows this error though. I've no idea how to overcome it. It happened 2 months ago now and I've not had a solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post
...was properly educated by my parents, so i think before i write something stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
I knew I was going to regret, reading inside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
Weren't you just pestering another guy about his grammar, not so long ago?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
And your problem with my grammar is?
Burrow is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 03:40 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Age: 31
Posts: 889
                     
Re: How to make tennis highlight videos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
I've used Windows (live) Movie Maker to make tennis videos for about 5 years now. I convert the dvd's using any video coverter. The latest one I converted into an avi file shows this error though. I've no idea how to overcome it. It happened 2 months ago now and I've not had a solution.
I've not had issues with that application cause I use Sony Vegas and Adobe Premiere for the editing. However I have had similar issues before and what I've found is the original file being used is partially corrupt, so I've hard to start entirely from scratch.

The problem of course with doing this is the time involved.
indianabones is offline  
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 03:43 PM
Registered User
 
Burrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 19,442
                     
Re: How to make tennis highlight videos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianabones View Post
I've not had issues with that application cause I use Sony Vegas and Adobe Premiere for the editing. However I have had similar issues before and what I've found is the original file being used is partially corrupt, so I've hard to start entirely from scratch.

The problem of course with doing this is the time involved.
I'm not some computer guy so you can explain to me. Can a file be corrupt from a DVD which has simply been recorded or transferred from a VHS?

Shall I change the application I use to convert the file? I think off the dvd's they're normally VOB files. I use any video converter and haven't had any problems really. What is the best converter to use to maintain quality and what file format is best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post
...was properly educated by my parents, so i think before i write something stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
I knew I was going to regret, reading inside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
Weren't you just pestering another guy about his grammar, not so long ago?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
And your problem with my grammar is?
Burrow is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome