David Ferrer is the new World #4 ! - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #76 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 06:45 PM
Registered User
 
Game.Petzschner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,132
                     
Re: David Ferrer is the new World #4 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
Last year he faced Tsonga in Paris Tankers. Only time they faced at a Slam? Easy straight sets for Jo. He faced Berdych after Tomas played five sets two days in a row in both singles and doubles and had nothing left. He will not get those favorable circumstances this time around
If del potro is such a superior player to him why has he only won 3 of the last 13 sets they've played? What excuses do you have for him, he's been owned by ferrer in every type of competition and on every type of surface davis cup(clay),grand slam(grass), masters(outdoor hard), world tour finals(indoor hard)...

What favourable circumstances did he get in these meetings? Their last match he had just won paris and had 2 days to travel to london and adjust to the surface, i would say thats not very favourable at all.
Game.Petzschner is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #77 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 07:13 PM
Registered User
 
Chris Kuerten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Age: 26
Posts: 18,052
                     
Re: David Ferrer is the new World #4 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogbg View Post
Fair enough. It will be interesting to see how it goes anyway.

I am the Nelson Mandela of MTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
Santaro was a better version of Ferrer
Quote:
At the end of Federer's first round match at the Australian Open a fawning interviewer asked about his kids and if he had bought coach Stefan Edberg a birthday present - no, by the way, the privilege of knocking up with 'King Roger' was enough of a present apparently.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post...nnis/65231157/

Sombrerero loco exposed

(Again)
Chris Kuerten is offline  
post #78 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 07:14 PM
King of Queens
 
Sapeod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 21
Posts: 41,595
                     
Re: David Ferrer is the new World #4 !

Nice to see David at #4 and good to see Nadal falling, even if it's due to injury.

ANDY MURRAY

SLAMS: 3 WINS, 8 finals, 9 semi-finals, 7 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 12 WINS, 5 finals, 13 semi-finals, 18 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OTHER: Two-time Olympic gold medalist and Davis Cup champion...
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 601-171...
TITLES: 39 and counting...

~ Roger ~ Pics ~ Monty ~ Berdman ~ Stronga ~ Feli ~
Sapeod is offline  
post #79 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 07:19 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,291
                     
Re: David Ferrer is the new World #4 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo Kuerten View Post
He gave his reason and it's not a bad one so it's fair enough indeed. There isn't a great deal of data about Ferrer-Berdych outside of clay or Ferrer-Tsonga anywhere so we'll have to see how that pans out over the next year or 2. The Ferrer-JMDP dynamic seems more robust though.
ogbg is offline  
post #80 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 07:23 PM
Registered User
 
Chris Kuerten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Age: 26
Posts: 18,052
                     
Re: David Ferrer is the new World #4 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogbg View Post
He gave his reason and it's not a bad one so it's fair enough indeed. There isn't a great deal of data about Ferrer-Berdych outside of clay or Ferrer-Tsonga anywhere so we'll have to see how that pans out over the next year or 2. The Ferrer-JMDP dynamic seems more robust though.
If Ferrer loses to those guys it means he's getting too old, he's the superior player by far

I am the Nelson Mandela of MTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
Santaro was a better version of Ferrer
Quote:
At the end of Federer's first round match at the Australian Open a fawning interviewer asked about his kids and if he had bought coach Stefan Edberg a birthday present - no, by the way, the privilege of knocking up with 'King Roger' was enough of a present apparently.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post...nnis/65231157/

Sombrerero loco exposed

(Again)
Chris Kuerten is offline  
post #81 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 07:28 PM
Registered User
 
Mark Lenders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 17,222
                     
Re: David Ferrer is the new World #4 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game.Petzschner View Post
If del potro is such a superior player to him why has he only won 3 of the last 13 sets they've played? What excuses do you have for him, he's been owned by ferrer in every type of competition and on every type of surface davis cup(clay),grand slam(grass), masters(outdoor hard), world tour finals(indoor hard)...

What favourable circumstances did he get in these meetings? Their last match he had just won paris and had 2 days to travel to london and adjust to the surface, i would say thats not very favourable at all.
He matches up with Delpo, so what? JMDP is still the superior player with a Slam title despite being 7 years younger and having lost some of his peak years to surgery/attempting to make a successful comeback.

He will still beat Ferrer because unlike the latter he's a champion who eventually finds a way around his bad matchups (see his matchup history with Federer prior to US Open final or even this year for proof), unlike Ferrer who doesn't have the variety in his game or mental strength to overcome his bad matchups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy DoubleD View Post
The saddest day in tennis history.
Pretty much.

MTF games titles:

Suicide Tennis (5): Wimbledon 2014, World Tour Finals 2015, Madrid 2015, Kuala Lumpur 2014 and Metz 2015 - 1 Slam, 1 WTF, 1 Masters 1000, 2 ATP 250; 2 finals lost

Fill-in-the-Draw (3): US Open 2014, Rotterdam 2013 and Geneva 2015 - 1 Slam, 1 ATP 500 and 1 ATP 250

Tennis Tipping (3): Veneza and Todi 2014 (with vn01), Knoxville 2015 (with Redkop) - 3 challengers; 7 finals lost
Mark Lenders is offline  
post #82 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 07:34 PM
Registered User
 
Moozza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6,921
                     
Re: David Ferrer is the new World #4 !

I've always seen Ferrer as the real number 4 anyway. Now he is there I can't see him falling out of the top 4 for some time.

LOBRAY, LEGEND OF THE LOB
Moozza is offline  
post #83 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Federer in 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 7,771
                     
Re: David Ferrer is the new World #4 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo Kuerten View Post
Hahahahahahahahaha, "fair enough", right? It nearly made me lol in the middle of my class today....


ROGER FEDERER

'Roger Federer is the best ever' - Everyone else other than John McEnroe*

*Not anymore...

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Nadal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Federer. Disgusting.
Federer in 2 is offline  
post #84 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 07:53 PM
Registered User
 
BauerAlmeida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Argentina
Age: 24
Posts: 5,516
                     
Re: David Ferrer is the new World #4 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo Kuerten View Post
If Ferrer loses to those guys it means he's getting too old, he's the superior player by far
Don't be a tard. Why doesn't he have a slam and an olympic medal then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Fuck you. This ain't no God damn hobby, motherfucker.
BauerAlmeida is online now  
post #85 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 08:00 PM
Registered User
 
Mark Lenders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 17,222
                     
Re: David Ferrer is the new World #4 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
Don't be a tard. Why doesn't he have a slam and an olympic medal then?
Because he is mentally weak. - Oh wait, no, apparenty according to his fans he's a warrior who always gives everything on court and a mental giant so that can't be it.

Maybe he's had horrible injury problems that affected his progress during his prime years. - Wait, no, that was Del Potro.

Maybe he was just unlucky to face superior opponents in his runs and that's why he doesn't have those titles. - Wait, no, Del Potro faced the two greatest players of the XXI century to win his Slam (with Federer going for six in a row) and world #1 and #2 for his Olympic medal.


Maybe, just maybe, Del Potro is a far superior tennis player after all.

MTF games titles:

Suicide Tennis (5): Wimbledon 2014, World Tour Finals 2015, Madrid 2015, Kuala Lumpur 2014 and Metz 2015 - 1 Slam, 1 WTF, 1 Masters 1000, 2 ATP 250; 2 finals lost

Fill-in-the-Draw (3): US Open 2014, Rotterdam 2013 and Geneva 2015 - 1 Slam, 1 ATP 500 and 1 ATP 250

Tennis Tipping (3): Veneza and Todi 2014 (with vn01), Knoxville 2015 (with Redkop) - 3 challengers; 7 finals lost
Mark Lenders is offline  
post #86 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 08:04 PM
Registered User
 
Chris Kuerten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Age: 26
Posts: 18,052
                     
Re: David Ferrer is the new World #4 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
Don't be a tard. Why doesn't he have a slam and an olympic medal then?
Del Potro > Ferrer career wise

Peak Del Potro > Peak Ferrer

Ferrer > Del Potro as a tennis player

I am the Nelson Mandela of MTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
Santaro was a better version of Ferrer
Quote:
At the end of Federer's first round match at the Australian Open a fawning interviewer asked about his kids and if he had bought coach Stefan Edberg a birthday present - no, by the way, the privilege of knocking up with 'King Roger' was enough of a present apparently.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post...nnis/65231157/

Sombrerero loco exposed

(Again)
Chris Kuerten is offline  
post #87 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 08:10 PM
Registered User
 
BauerAlmeida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Argentina
Age: 24
Posts: 5,516
                     
Re: David Ferrer is the new World #4 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo Kuerten View Post
Del Potro > Ferrer career wise

Peak Del Potro > Peak Ferrer

Ferrer > Del Potro as a tennis player
That doesn't make sense at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Fuck you. This ain't no God damn hobby, motherfucker.
BauerAlmeida is online now  
post #88 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 08:15 PM
Registered User
 
Chris Kuerten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Age: 26
Posts: 18,052
                     
Re: David Ferrer is the new World #4 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
That doesn't make sense at all
Del Potro reached his peak in only one season, Ferrer did that in 5+ seasons. Longevity is a highly relevant aspect in tennis.

2009 is the only year in which Del Potro showed a consistent higher level of tennis than Ferrer.

I am the Nelson Mandela of MTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
Santaro was a better version of Ferrer
Quote:
At the end of Federer's first round match at the Australian Open a fawning interviewer asked about his kids and if he had bought coach Stefan Edberg a birthday present - no, by the way, the privilege of knocking up with 'King Roger' was enough of a present apparently.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post...nnis/65231157/

Sombrerero loco exposed

(Again)
Chris Kuerten is offline  
post #89 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 08:24 PM
Registered User
 
BauerAlmeida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Argentina
Age: 24
Posts: 5,516
                     
Re: David Ferrer is the new World #4 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo Kuerten View Post
Del Potro reached his peak in only one season, Ferrer did that in 5+ seasons. Longevity is a highly relevant aspect in tennis.

2009 is the only year in which Del Potro showed a consistent higher level of tennis than Ferrer.
Maybe that's because he is 24 and not 30?? And missed one whole year?? (plus another one coming back)

And Potro's 2008 was better than a lot of Ferrer's years in the tour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Fuck you. This ain't no God damn hobby, motherfucker.
BauerAlmeida is online now  
post #90 of 156 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 08:30 PM
Registered User
 
TheWire93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 36
                     
Re: David Ferrer is the new World #4 !

The ultimate fighter...literally.
TheWire93 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome