RG 2013 will be probably the most interesting tournament of the year. So many questions, very few answers. Nadal is still a puzzle. Nole is a top contender (at the moment). Even bookies agree. Murray's game style suits clay well but has never performed very well on clay and he is prone to lose to lower ranked players on clay. Guys like Berdych, Tsonga, Ferrer can easily bother Muzza on clay.
Not sure about DP at all. he is a good clay player, but his general form is questionable IMO. he gets hot and cold from one match to another.
Fed is always dangerous and will be a strong candidate for the title, after Nole and Rafa. I still give him a slight edge over Murray on clay. I also think that many guys here underestimate Murray on clay. Yes, I know he hasn't done anything significant on clay but I believe that that just might change.
Ferrer might have a decent run but if when he runs into Djokovic, Nadal and Fed he will be done.
anyway, here is my little list of favorites for RG 2013:
1. Djokovic (for obvious reasons)
2. Nadal (still the King of Clay, but his knees/form are still questionable atm)
3. Federer (always good and consistent on any surface, very strong contender)
4. Murray (I expect him to start shining on clay, he has something to prove too)
5-7 toss up between Tsonga, Berdych, Ferrer
8. Del Potro (I just don't know which DP will show up, he is capable of getting deep here but I'm not too convinced)
9. Almagro (solid/strong clay player but mentally ... he has some work to do in that department)
10. Monfils (if healthy normal Gales shows up ... really not sure about this one as Gael's been struggling lately)
We'll have a much clearer picture after MC, Madrid and Rome. however, this is my 5 cents at this moment.
Tsonga better than DelPo on clay???? That's news to me.
I would also put all of Berdych, Ferrer and DelPo ahead of Murray on this surface.