Will Djokovic win the CYGS in 2013? - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com
View Poll Results: ?
Yes! 45 21.84%
Loses at RG 28 13.59%
Loses at Wimbledon 60 29.13%
Loses at USO 3 1.46%
Loses at 2 out of the next 3 47 22.82%
AO will be the only one he wins this year 23 11.17%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 327 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 11:57 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,940
                     
Re: Will Djokovic win the CYGS in 2013?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
you Rafatards are clones......Novak made errors on his favorite Slam,he needed 5 sets on his favorite Slam ect...........just stop posting stupid things
I'm actually looking at his performance objectively, which maybe you as his fan cannot. Did he look unbeatable in the first 2 sets? No. He was making way too many errors. Murray was hitting more FH winners than him! Murray wasn't even great today but really it was a sub-par match from both. The point is that today's win doesn't suddenly set him up for wins at the next 3 slams.

Is it impossible? No.

Is it likely? No. He's not the favourite for 2 of the next 3 slams - RG and Wimbledon. RG he will have a very good shot at and who knows, might even be favourite by the time it comes around. But it's a tough ask and if he couldn't do it in 2011 peak form, it won't be easier this year. No one would argue this Nole is 2011 level - not even near it. He's still brilliant, the world no.1 and favourite for most tournaments. But a lot can happen in slams and I do think that Murray will continue to trouble him on HCs and have a shot at beating him, Federer on grass and Nadal on clay. We shall see. I may be wrong but it is simply based on his overall level.

That said, maybe this win will spur him to go on a tear through Dubai, IW, Miami again - who knows. Things may change.
Ash86 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 327 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 11:59 PM
country flag arm
Registered User
 
arm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,929
                     
Re: Will Djokovic win the CYGS in 2013?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash86 View Post
I'm actually looking at his performance objectively, which maybe you as his fan cannot. Did he look unbeatable in the first 2 sets? No. He was making way too many errors. Murray was hitting more FH winners than him! Murray wasn't even great today but really it was a sub-par match from both. The point is that today's win doesn't suddenly set him up for wins at the next 3 slams.

Is it impossible? No.

Is it likely? No. He's not the favourite for 2 of the next 3 slams - RG and Wimbledon. RG he will have a very good shot at and who knows, might even be favourite by the time it comes around. But it's a tough ask and if he couldn't do it in 2011 peak form, it won't be easier this year. No one would argue this Nole is 2011 level - not even near it. He's still brilliant, the world no.1 and favourite for most tournaments. But a lot can happen in slams and I do think that Murray will continue to trouble him on HCs and have a shot at beating him, Federer on grass and Nadal on clay. We shall see. I may be wrong but it is simply based on his overall level.

That said, maybe this win will spur him to go on a tear through Dubai, IW, Miami again - who knows. Things may change.
The only thing you're forgetting is that to win titles you don't have to be playing your very best, you only need to play better than everyone else.
arm is offline  
post #63 of 327 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 12:13 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,940
                     
Re: Will Djokovic win the CYGS in 2013?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
The only thing you're forgetting is that to win titles you don't have to be playing your very best, you only need to play better than everyone else.
Of course. But when looking at if he's going to win the next 3 slams, one has to consider his form. The only thing that is certain is that only he can win the CYGS this year. He does have a very good shot at RG IMO, so who knows.
Ash86 is offline  
post #64 of 327 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 12:21 AM
country flag arm
Registered User
 
arm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,929
                     
Re: Will Djokovic win the CYGS in 2013?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash86 View Post
Of course. But when looking at if he's going to win the next 3 slams, one has to consider his form. The only thing that is certain is that only he can win the CYGS this year. He does have a very good shot at RG IMO, so who knows.
His form? His form was great during this tournament. Do you know how many times he was broken in all 7 matches? And if you exclude Wawa's match? His serve is better than it has ever been, for parts of the tournament his FH reminded me of what it was like in late 2007 and early 2008. He did a fine job and he seems to be in a very good form. It was just a terrible final, possibly due to the weather, and certainly related to the match up.

Of course he is not going to win CYGS, but you can't assess that by his form in this tournament, because he seemed fine to me, and again, all he need is to be better than everyone else.
arm is offline  
post #65 of 327 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 12:22 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 567
                     
Re: Will Djokovic win the CYGS in 2013?

He will win either 2 or 3 slams this year, certainly not 4.
Zenjo is offline  
post #66 of 327 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 12:23 AM
Registered User
 
hadouken!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 506
                     
Re: Will Djokovic win the CYGS in 2013?

Probably not. No.

MY NO.1
RAFAEL NADAL

23-10 Overall
14-6 in Finals
9-2 in GS
6-2 in GS Finals

hadouken! is offline  
post #67 of 327 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 12:28 AM
Registered User
 
Moozza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 7,206
                     
Re: Will Djokovic win the CYGS in 2013?

The hype is unbearable. I'm 99.9999999% certain he won't win CYGS.

LOBRAY, LEGEND OF THE LOB






#1
Moozza is offline  
post #68 of 327 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 12:32 AM
Registered User
 
Saberq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,983
                     
Re: Will Djokovic win the CYGS in 2013?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moozza View Post
The hype is unbearable. I'm 99.9999999% certain he won't win CYGS.
it's not the hype he is the only one who has the chance
Saberq is offline  
post #69 of 327 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 12:42 AM
Registered User
 
Han Solo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 40
Posts: 2,397
                     
Re: Will Djokovic win the CYGS in 2013?

Yawn yawn.

Standard response:

Highly unlikely, but the only one who can.

No.

Last edited by Han Solo; 01-28-2013 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Realised it was too agressive.
Han Solo is offline  
post #70 of 327 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 12:53 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,672
                     
Re: Will Djokovic win the CYGS in 2013?

No. AO may be his only slam.
Honestly is offline  
post #71 of 327 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 12:54 AM
Registered User
 
Saberq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,983
                     
Re: Will Djokovic win the CYGS in 2013?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestly View Post
No. AO may be his only slam.
may be or may not
Saberq is offline  
post #72 of 327 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 12:54 AM
Banned!
 
Corey Feldman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 95,412
                     
Re: Will Djokovic win the CYGS in 2013?

not a chance, not when Nadal, fresh and hungry, comes back at French Open

Nadal is even more unbeatable there than Nole is at Aussie Open
Corey Feldman is offline  
post #73 of 327 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 01:03 AM
Slacker
 
Time Violation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mount Sharp
Age: 37
Posts: 16,380
                     
Re: Will Djokovic win the CYGS in 2013?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinnegan View Post
One slam at a time. As long as he wins RG, I will be very happy.
+1000

“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline  
post #74 of 327 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 01:07 AM
Registered User
 
Saberq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,983
                     
Re: Will Djokovic win the CYGS in 2013?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
not a chance, not when Nadal, fresh and hungry, comes back at French Open

Nadal is even more unbeatable there than Nole is at Aussie Open
until Nadal starts playing I wont crown him the king of RG again
Saberq is offline  
post #75 of 327 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 01:08 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lisbon
Age: 28
Posts: 66
                     
Re: Will Djokovic win the CYGS in 2013?

We will probably lose at Roland Garros.

Just my predictions.
Disorder is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome