AO R2: J.Tipsarevic outlasted L.Lacko 6-3 6-4 3-6 4-6 7-5 - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 06:08 PM
Registered User
 
emotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Virginia
Age: 21
Posts: 50,221
                     
Re: AO R2: J.Tipsarevic outlasted L.Lacko 6-3 6-4 3-6 4-6 7-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinceremo View Post
Are you even surprised? The only thing that was NID in this match was Janko applying his usual shady tricks
Strategic MTOs aren't a Tipsy thing, even if questionable retirements (which I'm ok with) are. But this is the second time he's seemed to do this, so I'm pissed enough to maybve root for Julien in 3r. I want him to win his first title at the Ao
emotion is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 06:15 PM
Registered User
 
NSMv1924's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Age: 34
Posts: 3,121
                     
Re: AO R2: J.Tipsarevic outlasted L.Lacko 6-3 6-4 3-6 4-6 7-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
A shame, crowd was 100% behind Lacko. There may be quite a few tards on this board, but the general public doesn't lie. Crowd always cheers against Fakervic and Fixarevic (even in Belgrade which is probably why they canned that tournament), crowd boos Murray even in London, and crowd always gets up for the bathroom in between Nadal serves The future of tennis without Federer is grim...

Hopefully Ferrer makes a repeat of the USO.
Queen Bee of the Federina Fanboy club right here
NSMv1924 is offline  
post #63 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 07:07 PM
Registered User
 
MuzzahLovah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Age: 28
Posts: 20,752
                     
Re: AO R2: J.Tipsarevic outlasted L.Lacko 6-3 6-4 3-6 4-6 7-5

Ugh MTO's and Tipsy winning. What a disgrace. Good for Lacko fighting to the end.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/atta...8&d=1224521470

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline  
post #64 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 07:16 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,862
                     
Re: AO R2: J.Tipsarevic outlasted L.Lacko 6-3 6-4 3-6 4-6 7-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzahLovah View Post
Ugh MTO's and Tipsy winning. What a disgrace. Good for Lacko fighting to the end.
Better player won,tennis won.
rutinos harcos is offline  
post #65 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 07:22 PM
Registered User
 
nole_no1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Romania
Age: 22
Posts: 18,534
                     
Re: AO R2: J.Tipsarevic outlasted L.Lacko 6-3 6-4 3-6 4-6 7-5

Happy to see Janko didn't choke it away after he missed a mp and failed to close the match out at 5-3
nole_no1 is offline  
post #66 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 07:33 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,722
                     
Re: AO R2: J.Tipsarevic outlasted L.Lacko 6-3 6-4 3-6 4-6 7-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroTree123 View Post
Mate, talent doesn't purely mean consistently attaining good results. Talent can also mean having a flashy game, but can't do nothing with it. Just look at Dimitrov or Gasquet. Great looking game, but they're trash when it comes to winning matches, particularly against top players. So I suppose I'll rephrase that then. What I mean't was that Lacko had a 'better looking game' than Tipsarevic - his offence is more enjoyable to watch than Tipsy's offense. Obviously Tipsarevic is by far a better player than Lacko, but talent wise, it's questionable.

And for the record, I like Tipsy and I despise Hewitt. And the fact that he creamed Spewitt, not to mention in straight sets even when that bogan had chances in the first two sets, made it even more enjoyable. In fact, that win solidifies why I like Tipsarevic.
I disagree with your thoughts on Lacko being more talented than Janko....If that is what you think, then you are entitled to feel that way....By looking at the match stats, they were practically dead even, with Lacko hitting a few more winners and a dozen or so more errors...I don't think Lacko is a bad player, but he doesn't seem to really produce any consistent results....Last year in Zagreb, he made the final and that was all that he really did all year...I don't think Lacko's game is "better looking" in any way...I guess the reason I think you hate on Janko is because you have made rude comments about him before on a regular basis....So whatever dude, glad you like him
JamieMU30 is offline  
post #67 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 07:38 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,722
                     
Re: AO R2: J.Tipsarevic outlasted L.Lacko 6-3 6-4 3-6 4-6 7-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole Rules View Post
Natural talent has nothing to do with hardwork, clown. However, obviously talent alone isn't enough to get you in the top 20/10. That's for sure.
Dude, people are entitled to their own opinion, so get the fuck over it...I don't think Lacko is "talented" in the same way that you conceptualize being "talented"...He sucks on clay and someone that is "talented" is usually pretty versatile on all surfaces...You are calling me a troll because I don't think Lacko is "talented???" This is a forum and we can all have our opinions, so stop acting like a 12 year old girl and getting all pissed because someone disagrees with your viewpoint
JamieMU30 is offline  
post #68 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 10:34 PM
Registered User
 
The Prince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 12,409
                     
Re: AO R2: J.Tipsarevic outlasted L.Lacko 6-3 6-4 3-6 4-6 7-5

There is no argument here, Lacko is far more talented than Tipsarevic.

The Slovak can crack winners for fun, he has great shape on his shots too. Tipsarevic lacks this star quality but more than makes up for it with very good basic skills and an improved mental fortitude. Lukas lacks (pun not intended) what is required mentally to be a top player, but technically he's as good as any player in the top ten.
The Prince is offline  
post #69 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 10:59 PM
Registered User
 
Brick Top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Planet Djokovic
Posts: 2,469
                     
Re: AO R2: J.Tipsarevic outlasted L.Lacko 6-3 6-4 3-6 4-6 7-5

5 set killa strikes once again. One by one Janko, one by one..

DJOKO FETISHIST

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
Basically, Queerey is a disgrace to the human race.
Brick Top is offline  
post #70 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 11:01 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sen'jin Village
Age: 32
Posts: 18,509
                     
Re: AO R2: J.Tipsarevic outlasted L.Lacko 6-3 6-4 3-6 4-6 7-5

Disgusting result, epic fail from Crapcko allowing this jester into R3 of a slam. Mugsarevic is easily one of the most disliked players on the tour.
Topspindoctor is offline  
post #71 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 11:13 PM
Void. Meaningless. Over.
 
Slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sun Ruler Plateau
Age: 25
Posts: 19,808
                     
Re: AO R2: J.Tipsarevic outlasted L.Lacko 6-3 6-4 3-6 4-6 7-5

Good lord, how did this go 5 sets?

Must see highlights for this

Game over. Forever.
Slade is offline  
post #72 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 11:17 PM
Registered User
 
Mr. Oracle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,950
                     
Re: AO R2: J.Tipsarevic outlasted L.Lacko 6-3 6-4 3-6 4-6 7-5

Well done 5th set Killa. Full speed ahead. Just don't look down.

Novak Djokovic nº1!
The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014 * AUSSIE OPEN 2015 * Indian Wells * Miami
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Either you get him or you don't!
Mr. Oracle is offline  
post #73 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 12:21 AM
Registered User
 
tealeaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,770
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by rutinos harcos View Post
Tipsy used Rafa's tacticts,won and pissed off rabid Fedtards.Ahahahahaha.What a guy.I like him.
Why do fedtards hate this vulture? 17 > 0 . What to hate?

TT Singles CH #52 - W: Eskisehir, Braunschweig, Kaohsiung 2015
TT Doubles CH #57 - W: CHENNAI 2016; Genova, Kaohsiung 2015; Guadalajara, Szczecin 2014; Bergamo, Cherbourg, Poznan 2013 (w/goOudinUSA)


Federer Del Potro Wawrinka Djokovic Berdych Nishikori Pospisil Youzhny Paire Soderling
tealeaves is offline  
post #74 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 02:48 AM
Registered User
 
uxyzapenje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: At home.
Posts: 5,313
                     
Re: AO R2: J.Tipsarevic outlasted L.Lacko 6-3 6-4 3-6 4-6 7-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
There is no argument here, Lacko is far more talented than Tipsarevic.

The Slovak can crack winners for fun, he has great shape on his shots too. Tipsarevic lacks this star quality but more than makes up for it with very good basic skills and an improved mental fortitude. Lukas lacks (pun not intended) what is required mentally to be a top player, but technically he's as good as any player in the top ten.
I'm getting pretty tired from this 'player X is more talented'. What did Lacko show that Janko can't do? Don't get me wrong, Lacko played great, but what he did to Janko now Janko did to Fed when he was ranked about 50th in the world and Fed was in his peak(ish). Also he beat bunch of top players at that time, played bunch of tight matches vs the best players. He was also a junior #1 and a junior GS champion. And now what, Janko is a hard worker? Maybe now he's working as hard as others but with putting almost the least amount of work compared to other top100 players, he was still a top50 player and was able to beat almost anyone and not just once a year. He was a mental clown and now he improved that. Exactly what Lacko needs to do. You people are talking like he was Soeda and now he became Ferrer. It's not even that I'm saying he's clearly more talented than Lacko, bcs Lacko seems to be pretty talented, but saying 'there's no argument here' is just not true.

Djokovic | Tipsarevic | Querrey

Last edited by uxyzapenje; 01-17-2013 at 03:21 AM.
uxyzapenje is offline  
post #75 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 03:14 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,722
                     
Re: AO R2: J.Tipsarevic outlasted L.Lacko 6-3 6-4 3-6 4-6 7-5

Being "talented" is a matter of opinion...The Bulldog doesn't seem to understand different viewpoints...Probably mad cuz Lacko is his fave and lost....Too bad, move on and quit pissing in your panties about it
JamieMU30 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome