NOVAK DJOKOVIC will win the CYGS in 2013 - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com
View Poll Results: are you with me?
yep, laver step aside 34 36.17%
no, no, no 22 23.40%
put down the crack pipe 28 29.79%
Donal Young to beat him in 5 at the USO to end his dreams 10 10.64%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #121 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 10:53 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,862
                     
Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC will win the CYGS in 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTim View Post
Are there any fedray bitards
Yes.
rutinos harcos is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #122 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 10:56 PM
.
 
rocketassist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 29,136
                     
Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC will win the CYGS in 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutinos harcos View Post
Yes.
Why would anyone support 2 of top 4, then again 'one shirt one love' and tennis don't really apply

unbiased analyst extraordinaire
rocketassist is offline  
post #123 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 11:07 PM
Registered User
 
Saberq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,983
                     
Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC will win the CYGS in 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Why would anyone support 2 of top 4, then again 'one shirt one love' and tennis don't really apply
you support the GOAT and Andy
Saberq is offline  
post #124 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 11:24 PM
Registered User
 
retister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Age: 40
Posts: 2,466
                     
Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC will win the CYGS in 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Nadal was lucky that Federer played his best match of the year in the RG's semifinals 2011, otherwise Nole would have got his first RG in the bag. Of that I'm certain.
Had Novak won against Roger he would have lost against Rafa in the final, thus giving the Spaniard confidence to sweep remaining grand slams in 2011 and leaving 2012 wide open.
The way it happened, Roger created super-motivated Novak for wimbledon and us open, which, in turn, created unstoppable Rafa in mid-2012. Of this, I'm certain.

While Montenegro was part of Yugoslavia, its internet domain was .yu, now it is .me
retister is online now  
post #125 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 12:04 AM
Registered User
 
Abel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,457
                     
Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC will win the CYGS in 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by retister View Post
Had Novak won against Roger he would have lost against Rafa in the final, thus giving the Spaniard confidence to sweep remaining grand slams in 2011 and leaving 2012 wide open.
The way it happened, Roger created super-motivated Novak for wimbledon and us open, which, in turn, created unstoppable Rafa in mid-2012. Of this, I'm certain.
I don't think so. Nadal during the clay part of 2011 was (relatively) weak. Nole would likely have won the final imo, but would perhaps not have been so amped up for Wimbledon. It's a toss up really.

From Nole's perspective, I doubt it'll matter. He'll get plenty of chances at RG whereas I doubt he'll win another Wimbledon. Unlikely he would have won a CYGS in 2011 regardless so whatever.
Abel is offline  
post #126 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 12:38 AM
.
 
rocketassist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 29,136
                     
Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC will win the CYGS in 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
you support the GOAT and Andy
I support Laver? I'm not that old

unbiased analyst extraordinaire
rocketassist is offline  
post #127 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 12:47 AM
Registered User
 
Saberq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,983
                     
Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC will win the CYGS in 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
I support Laver? I'm not that old
yeah that dude......
Saberq is offline  
post #128 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 02:18 AM
Registered User
 
Whiznot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Age: 67
Posts: 1,869
                     
Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC will win the CYGS in 2013

If he has a chance he will wet his britches like he did at Roland Garros.
Whiznot is offline  
post #129 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 05:24 AM
Banned!
 
heya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 9,580
                     
Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC will win the CYGS in 2013

Roddick, Safin & Gaudio would only dream of a Slam final in the 2003-2005 era if Nadal, Djoker & Murray were ages 22-25. clearly, the current late bloomers like Ferrer, Murray & Djoker have been able to beat Slam finalists & champs in Slams. None of the weak peaking Fed opponents from 2003-2006 won a Slam from 2007-2012 and they usually lost before the quarterfinals of Masters Series events the last 5 years. Only other 30 year old to regularly make semis or better on every surface.was Ferrer. He can be happy because he could win 7 titles & Davis Cup while every other retired opponent rarely won a title since 2007.
heya is offline  
post #130 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 09:20 AM
The new era of SuperNovak
 
Nole fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 14,624
                     
Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC will win the CYGS in 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by retister View Post
Had Novak won against Roger he would have lost against Rafa in the final, thus giving the Spaniard confidence to sweep remaining grand slams in 2011 and leaving 2012 wide open.
The way it happened, Roger created super-motivated Novak for wimbledon and us open, which, in turn, created unstoppable Rafa in mid-2012. Of this, I'm certain.
Not true. By that time Nole was in rafa's head so much that I bet he wouldn't have been able to win another match for the reminder of the year and that is precisely what happened. What makes you think he would have lost the final? Nadal was toast and Nole was riding on a big wave of confidence, which is all he needs to beat Nadal at RG as we saw last year.



Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014 * AUSSIE OPEN 2015
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline  
post #131 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 11:06 AM
Registered User
 
Punky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: English Myple and proud
Posts: 33,581
                     
Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC will win the CYGS in 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Not true. By that time Nole was in rafa's head so much that I bet he wouldn't have been able to win another match for the reminder of the year and that is precisely what happened. What makes you think he would have lost the final? Nadal was toast and Nole was riding on a big wave of confidence, which is all he needs to beat Nadal at RG as we saw last year.
agree.

i would like to thank nole for the winner in USO SF v fed, bc fed lost the game, he won paris, basel and a record of 6 YEC + amazingggggg year in 2012 + return to n1 for another record, now i hardly care of fed's ranking

i also think murray lost in wimby + the fact the OG were held in london = lots of energy in the OG final

Ultimately, they motivate each other

Hug it out as long as it takes, people
--------------------------------------------
"People were created to be loved
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline  
post #132 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 07:08 PM
Banned!
 
Corey Feldman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 95,412
                     
Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC will win the CYGS in 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by heya View Post
Roddick, Safin & Gaudio would only dream of a Slam final in the 2003-2005 era if Nadal, Djoker & Murray were ages 22-25. clearly, the current late bloomers like Ferrer, Murray & Djoker have been able to beat Slam finalists & champs in Slams. None of the weak peaking Fed opponents from 2003-2006 won a Slam from 2007-2012 and they usually lost before the quarterfinals of Masters Series events the last 5 years. Only other 30 year old to regularly make semis or better on every surface.was Ferrer. He can be happy because he could win 7 titles & Davis Cup while every other retired opponent rarely won a title since 2007.
Roddick and Saf owned Djoko lol

Gaudio only man to beat Nadal 3 times on clay

Denko owns Nadal

2004-2007 era was so strong, absolutely amazing to think Fed went 237-15 during a three year run (and half of those 15 losses were matches he should have won)
Corey Feldman is offline  
post #133 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 07:22 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 19,116
                     
Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC will win the CYGS in 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
Gaudio only man to beat Nadal 3 times on clay
Well, first meeting Nadal was 16, so not exactly surprising. The next two wins Nadal was 18, and the latter one Nadal actually bagelled him first set before falling apart.

Two months later they met in the Monte Carlo qfs: Nadal 6/3 6/0.


2006 year end rankings:

1 Fed
2 Nadal
3 Davydenko
4 Blake
5 Ljubicic
6 Roddick
7 Robredo


Not exactly impressive competition for the top 2.
philosophicalarf is offline  
post #134 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 07:28 PM
Registered User
 
Saberq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,983
                     
Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC will win the CYGS in 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
Roddick and Saf owned Djoko lol

Gaudio only man to beat Nadal 3 times on clay

Denko owns Nadal

2004-2007 era was so strong, absolutely amazing to think Fed went 237-15 during a three year run (and half of those 15 losses were matches he should have won)
Safin played Novak twice.......if he stayed in the game Novak would have owned him...........Roddick got like 3 wins over Novak in a period of 3 months and that AO match when Novak retired............
Saberq is offline  
post #135 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 09:13 PM
Registered User
 
samo7266's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Age: 29
Posts: 180
                     
Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC will win the CYGS in 2013

I think Nole will win 2 slams (AO and US open). 3 is possible (but not likely IMO) and 4 seems laughable given the rest of the competition.
samo7266 is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome