NOVAK DJOKOVIC will win the CYGS in 2013 - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

View Poll Results: are you with me?
yep, laver step aside 34 36.17%
no, no, no 22 23.40%
put down the crack pipe 28 29.79%
Donal Young to beat him in 5 at the USO to end his dreams 10 10.64%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #151 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-05-2013, 12:49 AM
.
 
rocketassist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 29,081
                     
Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC will win the CYGS in 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
LOL..............17 of those Slams were won by 1 player that spent more time playing with this new generation......Djokovic>everyone except Fed from that gen,Nadal also and hell even Murray is better than 70% of those guys
I watched them play and they were terrific players, just Federer was way too good and the two guys with the weapons to beat him lacked the work ethic and dedication to the sport, even if they were insanely good at their best.

It's a real sad regret that Nalbandian and Haas didn't win one as well.

unbiased analyst extraordinaire
rocketassist is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #152 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-05-2013, 12:54 AM
Registered User
 
BauerAlmeida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Argentina
Age: 24
Posts: 5,545
                     
Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC will win the CYGS in 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
Fed was not playing that good even...........Jesus stop with the hype..........Safin was good but that's all




LOL..............17 of those Slams were won by 1 player that spent more time playing with this new generation......Djokovic>everyone except Fed from that gen,Nadal also and hell even Murray is better than 70% of those guys
A "good" player wouldn't beat peak Federer at a slam, destroy Sampras in his backyard, be #1 of the world, etc..despite having pretty much his career ended by the time he was 25 because of injury (not to mention all the time he was injured before that time).

Federer wasn't that good?? If he wasn't that good it was because Safin didn't let him. He only lost one match outside clay that year, and it was a 5-setter against Nalbandian. He was in a 27 match wining streak until that match and he didn't lose to a top 10 since god knows when. So he was definitely playing good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Fuck you. This ain't no God damn hobby, motherfucker.
BauerAlmeida is offline  
post #153 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-05-2013, 01:12 AM
Registered User
 
Saberq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,983
                     
Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC will win the CYGS in 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
I watched them play and they were terrific players, just Federer was way too good and the two guys with the weapons to beat him lacked the work ethic and dedication to the sport, even if they were insanely good at their best.

It's a real sad regret that Nalbandian and Haas didn't win one as well.
I am not Nalbandian had like 5 good matches in his career and Haas didnt deserve to win on given how mediocre to good he was

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
A "good" player wouldn't beat peak Federer at a slam, destroy Sampras in his backyard, be #1 of the world, etc..despite having pretty much his career ended by the time he was 25 because of injury (not to mention all the time he was injured before that time).

Federer wasn't that good?? If he wasn't that good it was because Safin didn't let him. He only lost one match outside clay that year, and it was a 5-setter against Nalbandian. He was in a 27 match wining streak until that match and he didn't lose to a top 10 since god knows when. So he was definitely playing good.
yeah Safin was just good...........had few great matches but his career is nothing that special
Saberq is offline  
post #154 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-05-2013, 01:20 AM
.
 
rocketassist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 29,081
                     
Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC will win the CYGS in 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
yeah Safin was just good...........had few great matches but his career is nothing that special
I'm sure a lot of people would be satisfied with a 2 slam, #1 ranking career even if he did underachieve with the gifts he had.

unbiased analyst extraordinaire
rocketassist is offline  
post #155 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-05-2013, 02:34 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,862
                     
Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC will win the CYGS in 2013

Good win for Djoko King to school Tommy.33 winners,good footwork,AO here we come.
rutinos harcos is offline  
post #156 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-05-2013, 10:33 AM
Registered User
 
Saberq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,983
                     
Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC will win the CYGS in 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
I'm sure a lot of people would be satisfied with a 2 slam, #1 ranking career even if he did underachieve with the gifts he had.
I guess
Saberq is offline  
post #157 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-05-2013, 02:16 PM
Banned!
 
Corey Feldman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 95,412
                     
Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC will win the CYGS in 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
The New Balls generation are disrespected a lot on here by people who are tards of current top players or by people who simply never watched them play at their peaks.

They still lead the current generation 23-18 in slam titles. Have a bit more respect people.
exactly

and Fed/Murray are still 18 >>> 16 over NoleDal

so i still win at all
Corey Feldman is offline  
post #158 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-05-2013, 02:17 PM
Registered User
 
Saberq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,983
                     
Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC will win the CYGS in 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
exactly

and Fed/Murray are still 18 >>> 16 over NoleDal

so i still win at all
nice job by Mandy btw
Saberq is offline  
post #159 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-05-2013, 02:35 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,862
                     
Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC will win the CYGS in 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
exactly

and Fed/Murray are still 18 >>> 16 over NoleDal

so i still win at all
Win?You?Ahahahahahahahaha.
rutinos harcos is offline  
post #160 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-05-2013, 02:39 PM
The new era of SuperNovak
 
Nole fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 14,624
                     
Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC will win the CYGS in 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
exactly

and Fed/Murray are still 18 >>> 16 over NoleDal

so i still win at all
That will change soon, but to each their own fantasy.



Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014 * AUSSIE OPEN 2015
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline  
post #161 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-05-2013, 03:07 PM
Banned!
 
heya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 9,580
                     
Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC will win the CYGS in 2013

By Fed fanboys' logic, Davydenko, Safin, Roddick & Gaudio would be in Slam finals today. Roddick would've owned Federer last year and this year because he beat Federer last year. LOLOLOL Forget about the rsre matches from 2010-1 which were beatdowns Djoker and Nadal did on Roddick (the Fed apologist claimed he was suddenly injured like he was never injured before, and then he pretended he WAS surprised that he had a 6-match losing streak before beating Seppi on grass).

Where were these Davis Cup triumphs from Roddick & Gaudio?
Captain McEnroe made the umpire reverse a bad call against Belgium's Rochus to rescue Roddick in a 5 setter on clay. McEnroe later apologized on ESPN because he was a desperate cheater.
heya is offline  
post #162 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-05-2013, 03:15 PM
Registered User
 
BauerAlmeida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Argentina
Age: 24
Posts: 5,545
                     
Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC will win the CYGS in 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by heya View Post
By Fed fanboys' logic, Davydenko, Safin, Roddick & Gaudio would be in Slam finals today. Roddick would've owned Federer last year and this year because he beat Federer last year. LOLOLOL Forget about the rsre matches from 2010-1 which were beatdowns Djoker and Nadal did on Roddick (the Fed apologist claimed he was suddenly injured like he was never injured before, and then he pretended he WAS surprised that he had a 6-match losing streak before beating Seppi on grass).

Where were these Davis Cup triumphs from Roddick & Gaudio?
Captain McEnroe made the umpire reverse a bad call against Belgium's Rochus to rescue Roddick in a 5 setter on clay. McEnroe later apologized on ESPN because he was a desperate cheater.
Yeah. Safin was making finals when Sampras and prime Federer were playing. But he wouldn't now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Fuck you. This ain't no God damn hobby, motherfucker.
BauerAlmeida is offline  
post #163 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-05-2013, 03:40 PM
Registered User
 
Saberq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,983
                     
Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC will win the CYGS in 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
Yeah. Safin was making finals when Sampras and prime Federer were playing. But he wouldn't now
slower courts and Sampras was almost retired at that point
Saberq is offline  
post #164 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-05-2013, 04:10 PM
Registered User
 
BauerAlmeida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Argentina
Age: 24
Posts: 5,545
                     
Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC will win the CYGS in 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
slower courts and Sampras was almost retired at that point
Almost retired?? He wasn't even 30 years old and was in the top 4. He was playing great and beat Krajicek and Hewitt (nightmare match up and 10 years younger) to reach the final. Safin completely destroyed him.


And the AO 2005? Were Federer and Hewitt almost retired?

Safin wouldn't be hurt a lot by slower courts. It would benefit him in Wimbledon and wouldn't really change much at the other 3. He prefers fast HC to slow ones but he can easily play in both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Fuck you. This ain't no God damn hobby, motherfucker.
BauerAlmeida is offline  
post #165 of 182 (permalink) Old 01-05-2013, 04:15 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 18,535
                     
Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC will win the CYGS in 2013

Safin was a beast and clearly a top-level talent in any era - I'd have loved to see his matchup with Nadal especially.

But let's face it, he was awol half the time, only made an average one slam semi a year at his peak 2000-2005, then injuries did for him after that. Also was never a threat at Wimbledon, and his Roland Garros record is fairly average too - 1 semi, 1 qf.

Nalbandian should have been a similar level threat to Federer, but we all know the story there.
philosophicalarf is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome