The Best Player of 2012: Rafael Nadal - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 04:39 AM
Registered User
 
se7en's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 470
                     
Re: The Best Player of 2012: Rafael Nadal

Nadal doesn't care about AO, it's the least important major. This MM tournament should be thankful Nadal even made an effort to snatch the title against Olderer in 2009 just to give a little reputation that a spartan GOAT like him care.
se7en is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 05:35 AM
Registered User
 
Shinoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: My Flag
Posts: 4,385
                     
Re: The Best Player of 2012: Rafael Nadal

He just had a very Good Clay Season. And in any year that is expected of Rafael Nadal. So that doesnt make him Best Player of 2012.

You need to play at a high Level throughout the year. He doesnt even Qualify for it because he hasnt player throughout the year.

Ridiculous Thread.
Shinoj is offline  
post #63 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 08:30 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,639
                     
Re: The Best Player of 2012: Rafael Nadal

Nadal's win percentage (when healthy) in 2012: 100%

That is the record that is going to last for centuries.

atennisfan is offline  
post #64 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 8,420
                     
Re: The Best Player of 2012: Rafael Nadal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolita View Post
Hey, masterclass. I have one question for you: why do you say that the Australian Open is the least important major? is it because 40 years ago some players didn't bother to go, or because Novak won it this year?

For many years now all the top players go and play in Australia. And, since it's the first major of the year, most players are rested and haven't picked any injuries. So the Australian Open has actually a stronger field than the other majors. It's tougher to win it.

It's true that every player dreams with winning Wimbledon, because of its history and tradition, but in terms of how hard it is to win a grand slam, I can see no reason to say that one is more difficult than another. To say one of them is less important is, in my opinion, subjective judgement.

We can go back to substance of the thread. Are we doing this in order? So we'll have Ferrer and Berdych next?
>why do you say that the Australian Open is the least important major?

The importance or prestige of winning the tournament has nothing to do with Novak.

It boils down to tradition, remote location vs. participating player demographics, historical surface changes, and harshness of climate.

Respectfully,
masterclass

Last edited by masterclass; 12-03-2012 at 11:06 AM. Reason: previous explanation was too long and too serious for this thread
masterclass is offline  
post #65 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 12:24 PM
Registered User
 
Roy Emerson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,769
                     
Re: The Best Player of 2012: Rafael Nadal

Roy Emerson is offline  
post #66 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 02:25 PM
Banned!
 
Corey Feldman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 95,412
                     
Re: The Best Player of 2012: Rafael Nadal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirata. View Post
I think sportstennis is the infamous federerbestclass


Roger true king, love Roger
Corey Feldman is offline  
post #67 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 02:30 PM
Registered User
 
BroTree123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 18,514
                     
Re: The Best Player of 2012: Rafael Nadal

I know that impostor well. And that's not the only account as well... cheaternadal, overratednadal, polychronio, etc. Those good ol' youtube days.

Quote:
Hian about himself
Quote:
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline  
post #68 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 10:39 PM
Registered User
 
caisenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 854
                     
Re: The Best Player of 2012: Rafael Nadal

masterclass, it would appear as though you lost the plot here.

perhaps for both the first and last time, as i always consider you to be one of the best posters here.

djokovic, federer and murray all had better years no matter how you look at it, and depending on perspective, some others did too.
caisenma is offline  
post #69 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 11:11 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,639
                     
Re: The Best Player of 2012: Rafael Nadal

still laughing at tards who take this seriously.

Masterclass, you are pure genius!
atennisfan is offline  
post #70 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 01:34 AM
Registered User
 
Yolita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mexico
Posts: 3,261
                     
Re: The Best Player of 2012: Rafael Nadal

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterclass View Post
>why do you say that the Australian Open is the least important major?

The importance or prestige of winning the tournament has nothing to do with Novak.

It boils down to tradition, remote location vs. participating player demographics, historical surface changes, and harshness of climate.

Respectfully,
masterclass
But that's my point: that those were factors in the past. In this day and age, remoteness of location is irrelevant: everybody's there, ready to start the season. I don't know what you mean about player demographics, but in the past 10-15 years I haven't heard of a single top player deciding not to play in Australia because it's too far or the climate is too harsh. Also, other grand slams have changed surfaces: the USO used to be played on grass and on clay. It has changed surfaces and that hasn't made it less important.

We have to move with the times: thhe fact is that nowadawys (not 40 years ago) all the players who can play, do in fact play. After an off season when they can heal injuries, relax, recharge batteries, tinker with their games, and start the new season full of enthusiasm. If anything, all players are even more competitive, ready to start the season on a good note, not tired or diappointed.

It has less tradition, it's true, but it's as important for players as any other slam, and fewer players pull out with injuries here than in the other slams, due to the position in the calendar.

I really don't think any of the reasons you gave are sufficient to consider it the least important grand slam.

Maybe you like watching it less... That's a question of taste. Not of intrinsic importance, in my opinion.

NOVAK DJOKOVIC
Yolita is online now  
post #71 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 8,420
                     
Re: The Best Player of 2012: Rafael Nadal

Quote:
Originally Posted by atennisfan View Post
still laughing at tards who take this seriously.

Masterclass, you are pure genius!


This thread has made it clear who the best player was during 2012. Thanks.

Respectfully,
masterclass
masterclass is offline  
post #72 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 09:33 AM
Rankings Master
 
Slasher1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Age: 31
Posts: 13,582
                     
Re: The Best Player of 2012: Rafael Nadal

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterclass View Post


This thread has made it clear who the best player was during 2012. Thanks.

Respectfully,
masterclass
Too bad I can't give you a second rep in a row for those smilies.
Slasher1985 is offline  
post #73 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 09:46 AM
Registered User
 
IOFH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 26
Posts: 3,678
                     
Re: The Best Player of 2012: Rafael Nadal

RG QF and SF alone is enough to make him the best player of 2012, and it almost certainly confirms his GOATness as well.

Actual cannibal
IOFH is offline  
post #74 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 10:27 AM
Registered User
 
janko05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,301
                     
Re: The Best Player of 2012: Rafael Nadal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOATsol View Post
it seems we have a Fedtard version of heya

Good for the forum

why haven't I noticed your posts before??
a Fedtard acknowledges the existence of an even greater form of Fedtardism...priceless

Quote:
Originally Posted by: Toni Nadal
Rafael has won more titles than Novak Djokovic, but speaking merely about tennis and about the game, Rafa has to be considered slightly lower than Djokovic. The Serb is such a good player that he is as close as you can get to Roger Federer
janko05 is offline  
post #75 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 36
Posts: 3,730
                     
Re: The Best Player of 2012: Rafael Nadal

Quote:
Originally Posted by atennisfan View Post
Nadal's win percentage (when healthy) in 2012: 100%

That is the record that is going to last for centuries.


let's all bow down to magnificient Humbalito - the unbeatable and divine descendant of spartans. Too bad constant injuries are breaking down his body, otherwise the other mere mortals would not have a prayers chance against our humble hero. VAMOS!!!

Topspindoctor
You know you're an epic level mug if you get double bageled by Petzschner
madmax is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome