Uncle Toni: "it's ATP's fault if Rafa never won WTF" - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #121 of 188 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 10:04 PM
Registered User
 
GOATsol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 22
Posts: 2,910
                     
Re: Uncle Toni: "it's ATP's fault if Rafa never won WTF"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noserer View Post
And you're such a visionary with analytic posts like that
thank you

GOATsol is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #122 of 188 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 10:27 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 36
Posts: 3,730
                     
Re: Uncle Toni: "it's ATP's fault if Rafa never won WTF"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Ok, so it is clear that you don't any clue what you are talking about so I'm not going to waste my time with you any longer. The sad thing that is that I can't even say what I really think of you (because I would get banned immediately) but whatever


so basically your argument is that...you have NO argument?
Unless you are taking shots at Nadull and claiming that he benefits from sun, wind and other elements much more than any other player on tour, consequently shading his tennis skills as well. You do know that indoor conditions usually produce higher quality from every player, don't you?

Topspindoctor
You know you're an epic level mug if you get double bageled by Petzschner
madmax is offline  
post #123 of 188 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 10:38 PM
Registered User
 
tektonac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,307
                     
Re: Uncle Toni: "it's ATP's fault if Rafa never won WTF"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieNero View Post
It's Nadull's father fault he was born.
you sure 47 is the right number

ASI Director-General Gautam Sengupta said the list of India's treasures held abroad was "too long to handle" and there was a need for a "diplomatic and legal campaign" for their restitution from institutions, including the British Museum, the Royal Collection and the Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery.
tektonac is offline  
post #124 of 188 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 10:46 PM
Registered User
 
evilmindbulgaria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,821
                     
Re: Uncle Toni: "it's ATP's fault if Rafa never won WTF"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Ok, so it is clear that you don't any clue what you are talking about so I'm not going to waste my time with you any longer. The sad thing that is that I can't even say what I really think of you (because I would get banned immediately) but whatever

Don't waste your breath, Matt. Remember what happened to CD who used to put them back in their rightful place? The coward Federinatards will cry to the Mods like there is no tomorrow.

Let them drown in their own hate. Maybe this will soothe the pain of Federina being bitchslapped left and right by her Master!

RAFAEL NADAL and GRIGOR DIMITROV

Rafa winning at least one slam in 10 consecutive years is the best achievement in Open Era tennis since Laver won all 4 Grand slam tournaments in the same year!


Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion!
evilmindbulgaria is offline  
post #125 of 188 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 10:47 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,104
                     
Re: Uncle Toni: "it's ATP's fault if Rafa never won WTF"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
While that would seem logical for most situations when comparing opposites, it doesn't apply here. For tennis, not sure how those external factors that are taken out gives you an actual disadvantage...sure you don't have the advantage over your opponent when playing outdoors, as like you said, a player would have an advantage over their opponent if they are better at handling conditions, but the opposite doesn't mean that players then has a disadvantage and the other players has an advantage...it just leave them neutral.
It's a relative, not absolute disadvantage. Obviously neither player's game is objectively worsened by the removal of external factors, but one of the players' relative strengths (being better at handling outdoor conditions) is nullified.

The semantics aren't really important here, though. The point is simply that removing certain external factors can affect the matchup between players.
Singularity is offline  
post #126 of 188 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 11:22 PM
Registered User
 
Han Solo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 40
Posts: 2,397
                     
Re: Uncle Toni:"it's ATP's fault if Rafa never won WTF"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juz78 View Post
Are you serious? The number of grass tournaments is piddly compared to either clay or hard courts. There shouldn't be more clay tournaments, there should be less. There should also be less hard court tournaments but more grass.

Check your facts before typing in a public forum:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...nts_by_surface
Pretty much agree with all of this. Good post.
Han Solo is offline  
post #127 of 188 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 11:33 PM
Registered User
 
Matt01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 11,471
                     
Re: Uncle Toni: "it's ATP's fault if Rafa never won WTF"

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post

so basically your argument is that...you have NO argument?

I already posted my (reasonable) arguments in this thread. Too bad you missed that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
You do know that indoor conditions usually produce higher quality from every player, don't you?

For some players, yes. From every player, definitely not.

Monaco - Del Potro - Nadal - Wawrinka - Robredo - Dimitrov - Chardy - Berdych


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
Djokovic is the people's champion, Federer and Nadal are greedy thugs.
Matt01 is offline  
post #128 of 188 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 11:37 PM
Registered User
 
PiggyGotRoasted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 2,682
                     
Re: Uncle Toni: "it's ATP's fault if Rafa never won WTF"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
It is and you know it.
No, he can only win when top players lose before him then hope the one he faces loses focus due to his rubbish he pulls on court with faking and cheating.
PiggyGotRoasted is offline  
post #129 of 188 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 11:38 PM
Anathemaniac
 
Sunset of Age's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Wall.
Posts: 41,908
                     
Re: Uncle Toni: "it's ATP's fault if Rafa never won WTF"

Uncle Toni... OMG

He should contain himself doing what he's apparently very good at - training his nephew (Rafa, poor bloke, I wonder when or IF he ever finds the spirit/courage to take his own route and kick that disgusting uncle of his to Kingdom Come) - and refrain from opening his mouth whenever asked to do so.

Whether or not Tio Toni's comment's were misinterpreted, he should know better by now. Jerk.

"It's getting colder, I'm getting colder, older, it's getting colder...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"


"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline  
post #130 of 188 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 11:38 PM
Banned!
 
Corey Feldman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 95,412
                     
Re: Uncle Toni: "it's ATP's fault if Rafa never won WTF"

Purplerer won WTF at 3 different venues

EIGHT finals and counting!
Corey Feldman is offline  
post #131 of 188 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 11:49 PM
Registered User
 
emotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Virginia
Age: 21
Posts: 50,468
                     
Re: Uncle Toni: "it's ATP's fault if Rafa never won WTF"

Toni should get a lifetime ban for reality disruption

Racquet smash enthusiast
emotion is offline  
post #132 of 188 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 11:50 PM
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 27
Posts: 42,272
                     
Re: Uncle Toni: "it's ATP's fault if Rafa never won WTF"

This is funny

Toni trolling everyone here, just excuses, the Masters has always been indoors. Though I don't like that injury thing about Fed and Nole, that was a bit poor taste, even if a joke.

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Laver
We all choke. That’s all right. We’re not machines. What you have to learn is to accept that fact and not panic. It’s the panic that loses the matches, not the nerves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Player
The harder you try, the luckier you get.
Johnny Groove is offline  
post #133 of 188 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 12:04 AM
Registered User
 
Whiznot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Age: 67
Posts: 1,869
                     
Re: Uncle Toni: "it's ATP's fault if Rafa never won WTF"

WTF on clay would be okay as long as the French Open moves to indoor carpet. Equal trade. How about it, Toni?
Whiznot is offline  
post #134 of 188 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 12:10 AM
Registered User
 
Matt01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 11,471
                     
Re: Uncle Toni: "it's ATP's fault if Rafa never won WTF"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiggyGotRoasted View Post
No, he can only win when top players lose before him then hope the one he faces loses focus due to his rubbish he pulls on court with faking and cheating.

Makes sense. That's also why GOAT Federer is his pigeon in H2H.

Monaco - Del Potro - Nadal - Wawrinka - Robredo - Dimitrov - Chardy - Berdych


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
Djokovic is the people's champion, Federer and Nadal are greedy thugs.
Matt01 is offline  
post #135 of 188 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 12:15 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,947
                     
Re: Uncle Toni: "it's ATP's fault if Rafa never won WTF"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
"INDOOR SEASON". as though you need a season for INDOORS? the fact that it's indoor means weather affects it not at all so you can have indoor tournaments whenever

just because there is like Shanghai and Paris does not mean it should affect the WTF's surface

you're mistake is you include the Tour Finals WITH a particular branch of tournaments. the World Tour finals are literally the season finale on their own, it's not automatically connected to Paris and such stuff because the dates are closeby
it has been like that for 40 years, and I never thought it would be contested once a new great player (that is Nadal) doesn't manage to win that tournament. Wilander never won it, did he say anything like that ? no ... and in his time it was played on carpet, nothing like nowadays' WTF.

the World Tour Finals is indeed part of an indoor season ... which used to be on carpet (remember Madison Square Garden ), now on hardcourts.

Why is it like that ?

because it's simple and logical, that's all

See that : nowadays' players asked to have the same surface and same ball in all of the tournaments before the WTF (players were less demanding in the old time), if they didn't have that they felt lost and uneasy.

Can you imagine then if the WTF suddenly was on clay after all of previous tournaments being on hardcourts ?

I really don't get all of these comments being said just because Nadal has never won the WTF

As I said, Lendl never whined about grass because he hadn't won Wimbledon : he just tried harder to win it, even skipping Roland-Garros for that.

I couldn't imagine in that time that one day we would have such kind of arguments

I wonder what Lendl may think when he hears such arguments.

useless old guy

Last edited by duong; 11-30-2012 at 12:23 AM.
duong is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome