Retiring When In A Losing Position ARCHIVE! - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 92 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 02:02 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Freak3yman84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 12,445
                     
Re: Retiring When In A Losing Position ARCHIVE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanish_army View Post
Stepanek def Wawrinka 3-6 7-6 4-2 MS Shanghai'09

Incredible retirement, running as never anybody saw him and when had no chances retired suddenly.
Added.

Oh Sheesh Y'all, 'Twas A Dream

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but seven

W Houston and Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut W Orleans (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus) Tashkent S&D (w/ Mr Brightside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 92 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 03:58 AM
Moderator
 
Pratik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 18,188
                     
Re: Retiring When In A Losing Position ARCHIVE!

copied from TW:

3/2010 ATP Australian Open (AUS) Hard Andy Murray Rafael Nadal 6-3 7-6(2) 3-0 ret. 1/4
44/2008 ATP Paris (FRA) I_Hard Nikolay Davydenko Rafael Nadal 6-1 ret. 1/4
33/2007 ATP Cincinnati (USA) Hard Juan Monaco Rafael Nadal 7-6(5) 4-1 ret.
2/2007 ATP Sydney (AUS) Hard Chris Guccione Rafael Nadal 6-5 ret. First
2/2005 ATP Auckland (NZL) Hard Dominik Hrbaty Rafael Nadal 6-3 ret. First
38/2003 CH St. Jean de Luz (FRA) I_Hard Richard Gasquet Rafael Nadal 6-2 ret.

33/2011 ATP Cincinnati (USA) Hard Andy Murray Novak Djokovic 6-4 3-0 ret. Final
18/2010 ATP Belgrade (SRB) Clay Filip Krajinovic Novak Djokovic 6-4 ret. 1/4
3/2009 ATP Australian Open (AUS) Hard Andy Roddick Novak Djokovic 6-7(3) 6-4 6-2 2-1 ret. 1/4
17/2008 ATP Monte-Carlo (MON) Clay Roger Federer Novak Djokovic 6-3 3-2 ret. 1/2
26/2007 ATP Wimbledon (GBR) Grass Rafael Nadal Novak Djokovic 3-6 6-1 4-1 ret. 1/2
22/2006 ATP French Open (FRA) Clay Rafael Nadal Novak Djokovic 6-4 6-4 ret. 1/4
21/2005 ATP French Open (FRA) Clay Guillermo Coria Novak Djokovic 4-6 6-2 3-2 ret. Second

3 neutral positions:
24/2006 ATP London (GBR) Grass Lleyton Hewitt Rafael Nadal 3-6 6-3 ret. 1/4
30/2006 ATP Umag (CRO) Clay Stanislas Wawrinka Novak Djokovic 6-6 ret. Final
40/2005 ATP Metz (FRA) I_Hard Yuriy Schukin Novak Djokovic 4-6 6-4 ret. q-Second

for the first and the thrid you could say that the momentum was against them when they retired.
Pratik is offline  
post #18 of 92 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 04:08 AM
Moderator
 
Pratik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 18,188
                     
Re: Retiring When In A Losing Position ARCHIVE!

^^This above info was actually taken from here
Select a player and go to player injuries, it contains a list of all matches where the player retired or gave a walkover.
If somebody could extract data form here, it would be good. It would take too long to manually go through every player.
Maybe Beta2k could? Don't know who else here does this stuff.
Maybe StatRacket has some info on this?
Pratik is offline  
post #19 of 92 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 04:22 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Freak3yman84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 12,445
                     
Re: Retiring When In A Losing Position ARCHIVE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
copied from TW:

3/2010 ATP Australian Open (AUS) Hard Andy Murray Rafael Nadal 6-3 7-6(2) 3-0 ret. 1/4
44/2008 ATP Paris (FRA) I_Hard Nikolay Davydenko Rafael Nadal 6-1 ret. 1/4
33/2007 ATP Cincinnati (USA) Hard Juan Monaco Rafael Nadal 7-6(5) 4-1 ret.
2/2007 ATP Sydney (AUS) Hard Chris Guccione Rafael Nadal 6-5 ret. First
2/2005 ATP Auckland (NZL) Hard Dominik Hrbaty Rafael Nadal 6-3 ret. First
38/2003 CH St. Jean de Luz (FRA) I_Hard Richard Gasquet Rafael Nadal 6-2 ret.

33/2011 ATP Cincinnati (USA) Hard Andy Murray Novak Djokovic 6-4 3-0 ret. Final
18/2010 ATP Belgrade (SRB) Clay Filip Krajinovic Novak Djokovic 6-4 ret. 1/4
3/2009 ATP Australian Open (AUS) Hard Andy Roddick Novak Djokovic 6-7(3) 6-4 6-2 2-1 ret. 1/4
17/2008 ATP Monte-Carlo (MON) Clay Roger Federer Novak Djokovic 6-3 3-2 ret. 1/2
26/2007 ATP Wimbledon (GBR) Grass Rafael Nadal Novak Djokovic 3-6 6-1 4-1 ret. 1/2
22/2006 ATP French Open (FRA) Clay Rafael Nadal Novak Djokovic 6-4 6-4 ret. 1/4
21/2005 ATP French Open (FRA) Clay Guillermo Coria Novak Djokovic 4-6 6-2 3-2 ret. Second

3 neutral positions:
24/2006 ATP London (GBR) Grass Lleyton Hewitt Rafael Nadal 3-6 6-3 ret. 1/4
30/2006 ATP Umag (CRO) Clay Stanislas Wawrinka Novak Djokovic 6-6 ret. Final
40/2005 ATP Metz (FRA) I_Hard Yuriy Schukin Novak Djokovic 4-6 6-4 ret. q-Second

for the first and the thrid you could say that the momentum was against them when they retired.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
^^This above info was actually taken from here
Select a player and go to player injuries, it contains a list of all matches where the player retired or gave a walkover.
If somebody could extract data form here, it would be good. It would take too long to manually go through every player.
Maybe Beta2k could? Don't know who else here does this stuff.
Maybe StatRacket has some info on this?
I'm mostly taking matches 1,2, or 3 games away from losing. I'll add the bolded ones.

This.

Oh Sheesh Y'all, 'Twas A Dream

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but seven

W Houston and Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut W Orleans (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus) Tashkent S&D (w/ Mr Brightside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..

Last edited by Freak3yman84; 11-14-2012 at 04:27 AM.
Freak3yman84 is offline  
post #20 of 92 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 05:01 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 34
Posts: 1,511
                     
Re: Retiring When In A Losing Position ARCHIVE!

Angelinos def. Diarra 6-3, 5-1 RET 10/2012 Greece F5 1R

Andy Murray def K.Beck 6-4 6-1 4-2 RET 2011 AO 1R

Troicki def. Kohlschreiber 2-6 6-3 6-4 3-0 RET 2008 US Open 2R

Last edited by spanish_army; 11-14-2012 at 05:22 AM.
spanish_army is offline  
post #21 of 92 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 05:54 AM
country flag n8
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 31
Posts: 7,390
                     
Re: Retiring When In A Losing Position ARCHIVE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
^^This above info was actually taken from here
Select a player and go to player injuries, it contains a list of all matches where the player retired or gave a walkover.
If somebody could extract data form here, it would be good. It would take too long to manually go through every player.
Maybe Beta2k could? Don't know who else here does this stuff.
Maybe StatRacket has some info on this?


General retiring stats (since beginning of 2000 to May 2011), best of 3:



Best of 5:


lllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
I think Kokkinakis will be the most successful player born in the 90s.
n8 is offline  
post #22 of 92 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 07:40 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 190
                     
Re: Retiring When In A Losing Position ARCHIVE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
3 neutral positions:
24/2006 ATP London (GBR) Grass Lleyton Hewitt Rafael Nadal 3-6 6-3 ret. 1/4
30/2006 ATP Umag (CRO) Clay Stanislas Wawrinka Novak Djokovic 6-6 ret. Final
40/2005 ATP Metz (FRA) I_Hard Yuriy Schukin Novak Djokovic 4-6 6-4 ret. q-Second

for the first and the thrid you could say that the momentum was against them when they retired.
Splitting the first two sets with the exact same scoreline isn't something that would rattle any professional player, unless he's up against a top seed who's the heavy favorite for the deciding set. I don't think that was the case for either the first or the third match.

As for the second match, it wasn't exactly a neutral position scorewise (i.e. equal games/sets or on serve). Djokovic was up 3-1 in the tiebreak when he retired, so he was definitey closer to a one set lead than his opponent.
incognito is offline  
post #23 of 92 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Freak3yman84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 12,445
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanish_army View Post
Angelinos def. Diarra 6-3, 5-1 RET 10/2012 Greece F5 1R

Andy Murray def K.Beck 6-4 6-1 4-2 RET 2011 AO 1R

Troicki def. Kohlschreiber 2-6 6-3 6-4 3-0 RET 2008 US Open 2R
Added

Oh Sheesh Y'all, 'Twas A Dream

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but seven

W Houston and Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut W Orleans (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus) Tashkent S&D (w/ Mr Brightside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is offline  
post #24 of 92 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 01:37 PM
country flag Tag
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Age: 27
Posts: 3,262
                     
Re: Retiring When In A Losing Position ARCHIVE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanish_army View Post
Stepanek def Wawrinka 3-6 7-6 4-2 MS Shanghai'09

Incredible retirement, running as never anybody saw him and when had no chances retired suddenly.
frauderer promised him doggy treats and a new collar and leash

wawrinka crumbled under the pressure to please his master
Tag is offline  
post #25 of 92 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 01:38 PM
country flag Tag
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Age: 27
Posts: 3,262
                     
Re: Retiring When In A Losing Position ARCHIVE!

tipsarevic

superb thread btw
Tag is offline  
post #26 of 92 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 02:41 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,681
                     
Re: Retiring When In A Losing Position ARCHIVE!

Gutierrez-Ferrol def. Kavcic 7-5 *4-1

Pretty sure GF was serving next.
Wing Man Frank is offline  
post #27 of 92 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Freak3yman84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 12,445
                     
Re: Retiring When In A Losing Position ARCHIVE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Man Frank View Post
Gutierrez-Ferrol def. Kavcic 7-5 *4-1

Pretty sure GF was serving next.
Was that this week? Because it doesn't show up in their H2H. Where was it?

Oh Sheesh Y'all, 'Twas A Dream

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but seven

W Houston and Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut W Orleans (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus) Tashkent S&D (w/ Mr Brightside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is offline  
post #28 of 92 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 02:43 PM
Ace Loveforty
 
scarecrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Tirana, ALBANIA
Posts: 81,668
                     
Re: Retiring When In A Losing Position ARCHIVE!

yes G-F was serving

FU Kavcic

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...&postcount=378

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline  
post #29 of 92 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 02:44 PM
Ace Loveforty
 
scarecrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Tirana, ALBANIA
Posts: 81,668
                     
Re: Retiring When In A Losing Position ARCHIVE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
Was that this week? Because it doesn't show up in their H2H. Where was it?
10 min ago

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...&postcount=378

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline  
post #30 of 92 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Freak3yman84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 12,445
                     
Re: Retiring When In A Losing Position ARCHIVE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
10 min ago
Added.

Oh Sheesh Y'all, 'Twas A Dream

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but seven

W Houston and Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut W Orleans (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus) Tashkent S&D (w/ Mr Brightside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome