Apart from dumping Round Robin to the cesspool where it came from and since our Fearless Leader of the ATP Mr Disney Etienne de Villiers cares really what the fans think.
It's time for some suggestions that Mr Disney should listen to, since he wants to make tennis more interesting for the masses.
- Instead of a TB, they should have a serving contest where they place a cone in the service box and the person who hits it the most will win. (GWH)
- It should be decided on a round of Greco-Roman wrestling. Labadze will then proceed to become the marketing dream of the ATP. (Merton)
- If Tursunov is playing, then he must be allowed to have a blog off against his opponent except if it is Federer or Nadal, cause they have to be in the final. (GWH)
- As for the clay they have to do as many 360s while sliding laterally and forwards within a minute and have a tennis ball balanced on their head. (GWH)
- Instead of hitting a cone, they should bring out a lion in a cage on the service line - most balls served into the lions mouth wins. Bring on the Spectacle, Disney boy... and serve that cotton candy... (TenHound)
- Another idea to replace the tie-break: they pick 2 random spectators in the crowd (one for each player). The 1st player who gets his serve returned by the spectator loses.
No spectator involved but they can do something like the penalty kicks in football (since Mr. Disney loves the WC system). If the opponent can't return the serve it counts as a goal. (Saumon)
I vote they can-can de Villiers and supplant him with none other than our very own George WHitler. As long as the ATP installs a screwball who wants to emphasize the E in Entertainment value of the sport, might as well make the entertainment a laugh riot.
You're on a roll. Whatever you do, don't stop now. Although, I must add, I seem to have lost my taste for walnuts.