WTF court speed - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 09:15 PM
Registered User
 
TigerTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London (sadly)
Posts: 14,923
                     
Re: WTF court speed

Faster than I expected tbh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned....
TigerTim is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 09:21 PM
Registered User
 
Uncle Latso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 39
Posts: 12,609
                     
Re: WTF court speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa is the GOAT View Post
It is funny that people think fast courts are the best for Rog, Rog likes lowbouncing court specially against Rafa but also against everybody, the fact that it is really slow helps him I think as he has more time to hit and big hiters can't blow him off court
This might be correct actually.

Fed has the game to finish off points from a won position, while his defense starts to look a bit slow.

So i think it's right to say that Fed would be most dangerous on a low bouncing mid-slow speed hard atm. AKA - Wimby gras
Uncle Latso is offline  
post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 09:23 PM
Registered User
 
Uncle Latso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 39
Posts: 12,609
                     
Re: WTF court speed

And these courts look Paris-like, the balls too.
Uncle Latso is offline  
post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 09:24 PM
ALT-0
 
Litotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norway
Age: 44
Posts: 58,191
                     
Re: WTF court speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post
This might be correct actually.

Fed has the game to finish off points from a won position, while his defense starts to look a bit slow.

So i think it's right to say that Fed would be most dangerous on a low bouncing mid-slow speed hard atm. AKA - Wimby gras
Correct as far as Berdych, Tsonga, Del Potro, Raonic etc. is concerned. For beating Djokovic and Murray, a faster court will help. By this logic, it's easier for him to reach the AO SF than the USO SF, but more difficult to proceed from there.
Litotes is offline  
post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 09:31 PM
Registered User
 
Uncle Latso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 39
Posts: 12,609
                     
Re: WTF court speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
Correct as far as Berdych, Tsonga, Del Potro, Raonic etc. is concerned. For beating Djokovic and Murray, a faster court will help. By this logic, it's easier for him to reach the AO SF than the USO SF, but more difficult to proceed from there.
Well, if we need to be fully honest - for Sf and final it takes JesusFed back, or it's a no go no matter the speed or bounce.

Except for a certain draw at AO ofc

But i'm positive that JesusFed is still there to show up at times, so we'll see.
Uncle Latso is offline  
post #21 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 10:05 PM
Registered User
 
moon language's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: at Tanagra
Posts: 2,401
                     
Re: WTF court speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Considering the speed of the court, I could guess the person making the courts was the coaching uncle of an currently injured player. Too bad his newphew couldn't play, he would've loved these courts.
To the contrary, this is a terrible court for Nadal. If its tailor made for anyone it's federer since the low bounce protects his vulnerable backhand and keeps everything right in his wheelhouse.
moon language is offline  
post #22 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 10:46 PM
Registered User
 
Mental Giant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Age: 25
Posts: 1,913
                     
Re: WTF court speed

Slices are a lot lower than other indoor courts
Mental Giant is offline  
post #23 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 12:04 AM
Registered User
 
Slice Winner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,441
                     
Re: WTF court speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon language View Post
To the contrary, this is a terrible court for Nadal. If its tailor made for anyone it's federer since the low bounce protects his vulnerable backhand and keeps everything right in his wheelhouse.
Bounce seems higher this year.
Slice Winner is offline  
post #24 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 12:29 AM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 18,197
                     
Re: WTF court speed

All people do now is complain about court speeds, but maybe it's because the players are stronger and can hit the ball harder now, so the ball is going faster, that the court people feel that they have to slow them down.

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info
Transcender is offline  
post #25 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 01:11 AM
Registered User
 
fluffyyelloballz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London
Age: 38
Posts: 691
                     
Re: WTF court speed

Looks to me like the ball is bouncing ridiculously high and the court looks super slow for an indoor court.

www.thetennisreview.com
Roland Garros Final Preview
fluffyyelloballz is offline  
post #26 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 01:32 AM
Federer fan forever
 
Chirag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 12,903
                     
Re: WTF court speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffyyelloballz View Post
Looks to me like the ball is bouncing ridiculously high and the court looks super slow for an indoor court.
same here .I thought this was a low bouncing court

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick the greek View Post
Me and Fed, so special. I want him to stick around as long as possible.
Chirag is offline  
post #27 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 01:35 AM
Federer fan forever
 
Chirag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 12,903
                     
Re: WTF court speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
All people do now is complain about court speeds, but maybe it's because the players are stronger and can hit the ball harder now, so the ball is going faster, that the court people feel that they have to slow them down.
or maybe its because ATP wants to homogenize the courts so that one player can get a CYGS or a NCYGS in the near future which will milk money like no other .Also the slow courts allow the ATP to milk on the top 4 rivalry .So the court people feel that are forced to slow it down to get more money

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick the greek View Post
Me and Fed, so special. I want him to stick around as long as possible.
Chirag is offline  
post #28 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 06:09 AM
Registered User
 
August's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Age: 26
Posts: 5,473
                     
Re: WTF court speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirag View Post
or maybe its because ATP wants to homogenize the courts so that one player can get a CYGS or a NCYGS in the near future which will milk money like no other .Also the slow courts allow the ATP to milk on the top 4 rivalry .So the court people feel that are forced to slow it down to get more money
This.

Stan Wawrinka
2014 Australian Open Champion | 2014 Monte Carlo Masters Champion | 2015 French Open Champion | 2016 US Open Champion

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
2008 Paris Masters Champion | 2014 Toronto Masters Champion

My Twitter
August is offline  
post #29 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 06:30 AM
Registered User
 
Looner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 13,270
                     
Re: WTF court speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
All people do now is complain about court speeds, but maybe it's because the players are stronger and can hit the ball harder now, so the ball is going faster, that the court people feel that they have to slow them down.


The "Who plays tennis?" thread


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Rod Laver
Roger is like a good red wine, he’s getting better with age.
Looner is offline  
post #30 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Federer in 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 7,774
                     
Re: WTF court speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa is the GOAT View Post
It is funny that people think fast courts are the best for Rog, Rog likes lowbouncing court specially against Rafa but also against everybody, the fact that it is really slow helps him I think as he has more time to hit and big hiters can't blow him off court
Is it weird that I agree with something this guy said?


ROGER FEDERER

'Roger Federer is the best ever' - Everyone else other than John McEnroe*

*Not anymore...

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Nadal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Federer. Disgusting.
Federer in 2 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome