Paris F: (4) Ferrer def (Q) Janowicz 6-4 6-3 - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #136 of 227 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 04:15 PM
Registered User
 
MuzzahLovah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Age: 28
Posts: 21,000
                     
Re: Paris F: (4) Ferrer def (Q) Janowicz 6-4 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBaker View Post
Why do people dislike Ferrer? Is it because he made the most out of his talent and worked extremely hard to have an incredibly successful and consistent career while these people sat on their asses a cheered for guys more talented than him to beat him?
The bashertards realized Ferrer kept destroying their faves, and decided he was public enemy number 1.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/atta...8&d=1224521470

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #137 of 227 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 04:23 PM
Registered User
 
Dead Net Cord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 11,116
                     
Re: Paris F: (4) Ferrer def (Q) Janowicz 6-4 6-3

The bandwagon is full of passengers

One of polish politicians:
Quote:
There's a break in the second set for Yanukovych! Well done! Now, just hold serve.


Last edited by Dead Net Cord; 11-04-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Dead Net Cord is online now  
post #138 of 227 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 04:29 PM
Fed Fo Mod
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: On vacation...
Age: 45
Posts: 11,233
                     
Re: Paris F: (4) Ferrer def (Q) Janowicz 6-4 6-3

Fantastic week for both players. Though it doesn't seem to mean anything for most on here, Janowicz's run means that he does not have to play challengers for a long while (maybe ever, who knows?) and can start to make a dent on tour, earning money, getting better coaching and training, and living the dream of an ATP player. It's a huge, huge deal for any player when he makes this type of breakthrough.

As for Ferrer, really well deserved. To win 7 titles in a season in which you turn 30 years old is almost unheard of on the tour. He won titles on clay (2), outdoor hard (2), grass (1), and indoor hard (2). An amazing season for a nice guy on tour who has made the absolute most of his career by continually improving each year. Well done, Ferrer.
NYCtennisfan is offline  
post #139 of 227 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 04:39 PM
Registered User
 
Alex999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kanata
Posts: 11,601
                     
Re: Paris F: (4) Ferrer def (Q) Janowicz 6-4 6-3

kudos to Pics. I know many of you guys get so excited when an 'outsider' shows up here and there but still. Let's see what happens with Jank. Pics is so likable and actually probably more humble than Nole and Fed combined (and this is coming from a Nole fan who respects Fed so much, lol). hey, hard work does pay off. I'm really getting tired of this 'pushing, grinding' stories on MTF btw.
Alex999 is offline  
post #140 of 227 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 04:45 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,956
                     
Re: Paris F: (4) Ferrer def (Q) Janowicz 6-4 6-3

Great for Ferrer
Julián Santiago is offline  
post #141 of 227 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 04:45 PM
Registered User
 
noctilux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 232
                     
Re: Paris F: (4) Ferrer def (Q) Janowicz 6-4 6-3

New Jerzy out of power in second set
noctilux is offline  
post #142 of 227 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 04:45 PM
Registered User
 
chenx15's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 60
Posts: 2,041
                     
Re: Paris F: (4) Ferrer def (Q) Janowicz 6-4 6-3

why with all the hate for david ferrer? MTF hits the lowest of the low. unfortunately JJ did not pass the gate keeper's test. looks like the big 4 are still the big 4. finally i well deserve title for david who is truly mentally tough and methodical player. Fu ck flashiness it's all about consistency and mental fortitude. grow up people!

the Fed vs anderson IW 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepleBuster View Post
Fed ... don't F this up. You got the break. Just finish this. I got work tomorrow, I got kids... wife needs affection. Give me a break man.
chenx15 is offline  
post #143 of 227 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 04:47 PM
Registered User
 
Apophis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Valles Marineris, Mars
Posts: 1,549
                     
Re: Paris F: (4) Ferrer def (Q) Janowicz 6-4 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepleBuster View Post
This just shows. When Novak, Murray, or Roger win masters, it's like they just pooed and feel relived. But Ferrer wins and pretends he won a slam. Life of average tennis players is not as easy as the gifted ones. Ferrer's talent is not the greatest but his fighting spirit is
How is world number 5 average? He is a superb player, one of the very best on this planet.

I support Federer, Murray, Karlovic, Nishikori and some others.
11 < 1922 < 4175 < 6132
A weak era is an era that becomes stronger when you remove the strongest players.
Apophis is offline  
post #144 of 227 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 04:47 PM
Registered User
 
chenx15's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 60
Posts: 2,041
                     
Re: Paris F: (4) Ferrer def (Q) Janowicz 6-4 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCtennisfan View Post
Fantastic week for both players. Though it doesn't seem to mean anything for most on here, Janowicz's run means that he does not have to play challengers for a long while (maybe ever, who knows?) and can start to make a dent on tour, earning money, getting better coaching and training, and living the dream of an ATP player. It's a huge, huge deal for any player when he makes this type of breakthrough.

As for Ferrer, really well deserved. To win 7 titles in a season in which you turn 30 years old is almost unheard of on the tour. He won titles on clay (2), outdoor hard (2), grass (1), and indoor hard (2). An amazing season for a nice guy on tour who has made the absolute most of his career by continually improving each year. Well done, Ferrer.
agree. ferrer, federer, and tommy haas are the reasons why i still play tennis. they show that age can be off set by hard work and good scheduling

the Fed vs anderson IW 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepleBuster View Post
Fed ... don't F this up. You got the break. Just finish this. I got work tomorrow, I got kids... wife needs affection. Give me a break man.
chenx15 is offline  
post #145 of 227 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 04:51 PM
Registered User
 
chenx15's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 60
Posts: 2,041
                     
Re: Paris F: (4) Ferrer def (Q) Janowicz 6-4 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apophis View Post
How is world number 5 average? He is a superb player, one of the very best on this planet.
that's how you identify players from non players in this forum. calling a consistent world number 5 an average player. some people here make me laugh and mad at the same time

the Fed vs anderson IW 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepleBuster View Post
Fed ... don't F this up. You got the break. Just finish this. I got work tomorrow, I got kids... wife needs affection. Give me a break man.
chenx15 is offline  
post #146 of 227 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 04:55 PM
Registered User
 
Alex999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kanata
Posts: 11,601
                     
Re: Paris F: (4) Ferrer def (Q) Janowicz 6-4 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenx15 View Post
why with all the hate for david ferrer? MTF hits the lowest of the low. unfortunately JJ did not pass the gate keeper's test. looks like the big 4 are still the big 4. finally i well deserve title for david who is truly mentally tough and methodical player. Fu ck flashiness it's all about consistency and mental fortitude. grow up people!
didn't you learn already? it's MTF with many smart people, but the silly ones always prevail by being 'more interesting' and seeking some sort of attention. there are some good ones tho, but more of trolls on this board are just stupid.I tried to argue a few times, and I got banned for a little bit.
Alex999 is offline  
post #147 of 227 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 04:59 PM
the pirate queen.
 
Pirata.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: usa
Age: 28
Posts: 13,370
                     
Re: Paris F: (4) Ferrer def (Q) Janowicz 6-4 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
Pics is so likable and actually probably more humble than Nole and Fed combined (and this is coming from a Nole fan who respects Fed so much, lol). hey, hard work does pay off.
Not even probably, he definitely is more humble.

Rafael Nadal & Novak Djokovic: The Evoulution of a Handshake
federer ferrer wawrinka raonic flopez istomin mannarino pospisil
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline  
post #148 of 227 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 05:01 PM
the pirate queen.
 
Pirata.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: usa
Age: 28
Posts: 13,370
                     
Re: Paris F: (4) Ferrer def (Q) Janowicz 6-4 6-3

Just rewatching the trophy ceremony, the branches of the tree seem to have the Paris draw on it, very cool.

Rafael Nadal & Novak Djokovic: The Evoulution of a Handshake
federer ferrer wawrinka raonic flopez istomin mannarino pospisil
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline  
post #149 of 227 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 05:04 PM
Moderator
 
Pratik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 18,210
                     
Re: Paris F: (4) Ferrer def (Q) Janowicz 6-4 6-3

Great win for Ferrer
Very well deserved
Pratik is offline  
post #150 of 227 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 05:14 PM
Registered User
 
TBkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Age: 21
Posts: 4,327
                     
Re: Paris F: (4) Ferrer def (Q) Janowicz 6-4 6-3

Once upon a time there was a sport called tennis ... it was everything gracious and beautiful in it ... there is no more ... It was good while it lasted ... Rest in Peace i'll miss you ...

MR. FOREVER "UNDERRENTED"

SLAMS: 4 SEMIS, 6 QUARTERS
WTF: 1 TITLE, 1 FINAL, 1 SEMI
MASTERS: 3 TITLES, 5 SEMIS, 10 QUARTERS
TITLES: 21
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 482-329
TBkeeper is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome