Del Potro vs. Ferrer - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com
View Poll Results: so 2 demolitions already, how many more?
0, they'll come to there senses now 2 6.06%
1, once more at the WTF, and it will be settled 7 21.21%
Once more on all 3 surfaces, then they'll admit it 6 18.18%
never 18 54.55%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 10:29 PM
Registered User
 
BauerAlmeida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Argentina
Age: 23
Posts: 5,319
                     
Re: Del Potro vs. Ferrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzahLovah View Post
Another demolition
It was a close match.

This is a demolition: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avcDicE3wqA
BauerAlmeida is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
MuzzahLovah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Age: 27
Posts: 20,093
                     
Re: Del Potro vs. Ferrer

^^ The thread is about Ferrer and his pigeon Del Po, try to stay on topic.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/atta...8&d=1224521470

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline  
post #93 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 11:13 PM
Registered User
 
PedroMarquess's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 23
Posts: 1,741
                     
Re: Del Potro vs. Ferrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
It was a close match.

This is a demolition: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avcDicE3wqA
PedroMarquess is offline  
post #94 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 11:28 PM
Registered User
 
Murray Mint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Age: 30
Posts: 3,308
                     
Re: Del Potro vs. Ferrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
Why are Murraytards always Delpohaters??

I thought that now that Mandy won a slam they'd be a bit less bitter. But I guess I was wrong.
I'll be nice enough to give a response (even if it does suggest I'm a 'Murraytard').

I don't hate DelPo, he generally seems a good guy. I don't hate any player, and furthermore some of the remarks made about players on here are pretty pathetic (I particularly dislike some of the comments aimed at Cilic). But to the point, I thought Ferrer would beat him again because right now, in the here and now, he's a better player. And like many others, I was right. Like certain other players who can be brilliant on their day, in general terms Del Potro is overrated (ridiculously so, by some).

Bitter about what? Murray isn't just better than DelPo, he's in a higher division and dominates him whenever they meet. Fans of the champ aren't bitter about anything, we're loving these tennis days.
Murray Mint is offline  
post #95 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 01:29 AM
Registered User
 
Mark Lenders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 16,647
                     
Re: Del Potro vs. Ferrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray Mint View Post
I'll be nice enough to give a response (even if it does suggest I'm a 'Murraytard').

I don't hate DelPo, he generally seems a good guy. I don't hate any player, and furthermore some of the remarks made about players on here are pretty pathetic (I particularly dislike some of the comments aimed at Cilic). But to the point, I thought Ferrer would beat him again because right now, in the here and now, he's a better player. And like many others, I was right. Like certain other players who can be brilliant on their day, in general terms Del Potro is overrated (ridiculously so, by some).

Bitter about what? Murray isn't just better than DelPo, he's in a higher division and dominates him whenever they meet. Fans of the champ aren't bitter about anything, we're loving these tennis days.
Yeah right

As for the real reason why they're bitter, it's because despite Juan's unfortunate wrist injury/surgery, it took their man 3 years to finally do what Juan had done and win a Slam himself - and even then he did it in circumstances we know, a far cry from Juan's blasting through the two most dominant players of the XXI century. Deep down, they know the truth hence the bitterness

Even though Juan denied Federer a Slam title and Nole an Olympic medal and gave Nadal a good hiding in USO semis, you don't see any particular bitterness from the fanbases of Federer, Nadal or Djokovic, do you? Figures.
Mark Lenders is offline  
post #96 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 01:36 AM
.
 
rocketassist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 28,702
                     
Re: Del Potro vs. Ferrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
Yeah right

As for the real reason why they're bitter, it's because despite Juan's unfortunate wrist injury/surgery, it took their man 3 years to finally do what Juan had done and win a Slam himself - and even then he did it in circumstances we know, a far cry from Juan's blasting through the two most dominant players of the XXI century. Deep down, they know the truth hence the bitterness

Even though Juan denied Federer a Slam title and Nole an Olympic medal and gave Nadal a good hiding in USO semis, you don't see any particular bitterness from the fanbases of Federer, Nadal or Djokovic, do you? Figures.
There's plenty of shite the opposite way though, I must have seen at least close to double figures in Delpo fans bemoaning the fact 'tennis died' at the US Open, when I translate that into the fact they don't get to gloat endlessly about the whole 1 > 0 thing anymore, which is good for both fanbases really.

Coming from a fan of a GS champ to another

unbiased analyst extraordinaire
rocketassist is offline  
post #97 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 01:56 AM
Registered User
 
Mark Lenders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 16,647
                     
Re: Del Potro vs. Ferrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
There's plenty of shite the opposite way though, I must have seen at least close to double figures in Delpo fans bemoaning the fact 'tennis died' at the US Open, when I translate that into the fact they don't get to gloat endlessly about the whole 1 > 0 thing anymore, which is good for both fanbases really.

Coming from a fan of a GS champ to another
Yeah, can't argue there, members of both fanbases are responsible for this ridiculous animosity. The sad thing is that is basically a miniature/BETA version of the ridiculous dick measurement contests between the Federer, Nadal and Djokovic fanbases

It won't stop, I'm afraid. I'm happy Juan has a Slam and is healthy and playing great tennis again after his surgery; you're happy Murray finally won a Slam among other big achievements (like Olympic gold). But for some, this is not enough, they have to rub it in. I know JMDP also has tards like this, but look at the Murray fan I was replying to, who has kept referring to the fanbases of Berdych, Tsonga, Delpo... as 'fanbases of second rate players' in the past few days. It's hard for animosity not to exist with posters like this on the boards Not to mention the OP, who clearly did so to rile up Delpo fans.
Mark Lenders is offline  
post #98 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 02:22 AM
.
 
rocketassist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 28,702
                     
Re: Del Potro vs. Ferrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
Yeah, can't argue there, members of both fanbases are responsible for this ridiculous animosity. The sad thing is that is basically a miniature/BETA version of the ridiculous dick measurement contests between the Federer, Nadal and Djokovic fanbases

It won't stop, I'm afraid. I'm happy Juan has a Slam and is healthy and playing great tennis again after his surgery; you're happy Murray finally won a Slam among other big achievements (like Olympic gold). But for some, this is not enough, they have to rub it in. I know JMDP also has tards like this, but look at the Murray fan I was replying to, who has kept referring to the fanbases of Berdych, Tsonga, Delpo... as 'fanbases of second rate players' in the past few days. It's hard for animosity not to exist with posters like this on the boards Not to mention the OP, who clearly did so to rile up Delpo fans.
Regarding the OP I think the whole 'Lenders vs Ferrer/his fans' saga (which I look on with amusement) probably plays a big part in that one

unbiased analyst extraordinaire
rocketassist is offline  
post #99 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 02:27 AM
Registered User
 
Mark Lenders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 16,647
                     
Re: Del Potro vs. Ferrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Regarding the OP I think the whole 'Lenders vs Ferrer/his fans' saga (which I look on with amusement) probably plays a big part in that one
Maybe. But the goal of this thread is not to glorify Ferrer - if it was he'd have done something a bit less stupid than comparing him to a player that is clearly superior and a GS winner -, the OP is a Murray fan and started this thread in the context of the Murray vs Delpo bickering, that's pretty obvious.
Mark Lenders is offline  
post #100 of 100 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 10:06 AM
Registered User
 
Ben D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 715
                     
Re: Del Potro vs. Ferrer

I think Delpo should take this, otherwise his career is dwindling


~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

1 year, 7 weeks as Top 10 and counting
M T F
Mega-Tsonga-Fandom
don't like Tsonga? move along, it's propaganda here.

Ben D. is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome