Paris R1 : Seppi def. Klizan 6-2 2-6 7-6(5) - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,503
                     
Re: Paris R1 : Seppi def. Klizan 6-2 2-6 7-6(5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurajCrane View Post
Of course it was brutal choke from Klizan, only way mug like Seppi could win this match.
Yes, Klizan has a such a great record against Seppi I forgot, how silly of me.

On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 01:06 PM
Registered User
 
Nole Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 23
Posts: 10,508
                     
Re: Paris R1 : Seppi def. Klizan 6-2 2-6 7-6(5)

Keep overhyping this mug.

Nole Rules is offline  
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,503
                     
Re: Paris R1 : Seppi def. Klizan 6-2 2-6 7-6(5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole Rules View Post
Keep overhyping this mug.

It's Lenders, pusher and J99 come on like you'd take them seriously at all. Klizan should won today, but it counts for nowt when you don't convert your chances same in any sport.

On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline  
post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 01:09 PM
Registered User
 
JurajCrane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,458
                     
Re: Paris R1 : Seppi def. Klizan 6-2 2-6 7-6(5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Yes, Klizan has a such a great record against Seppi I forgot, how silly of me.
Maybe I overacted little bit right after match, but I really think Seppi had no bussiness winning this match. My god, I am starting to be like Filo V.

Roger Federer - Martin Klizan - Lukas Lacko - Milos Raonic - Fernando Verdasco

Dustin Brown - Nick Kyrgios - Norbert Gombos - Stanislas Wawrinka - Dominic Thiem
JurajCrane is offline  
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 01:09 PM
Registered User
 
Helevorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mafialand (once known as Northern Italy)
Posts: 1,483
                     
Re: Paris R1 : Seppi def. Klizan 6-2 2-6 7-6(5)

Kližan .
Helevorn is offline  
post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 01:09 PM
Registered User
 
Nole Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 23
Posts: 10,508
                     
Re: Paris R1 : Seppi def. Klizan 6-2 2-6 7-6(5)

Klizan is nothing special really. Don't even know why he had a bandwagon.
Nole Rules is offline  
post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 01:19 PM
Registered User
 
cutesteve22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,814
                     
Re: Paris R1 : Seppi def. Klizan 6-2 2-6 7-6(5)

What a disappointing loss for Klizan.
The first serve betrayed him in SFM, and couldn't hit a ball in when 5-2 leaded in TB.
Don't know how he won Saint-Petersburg SF with this mental...
cutesteve22 is offline  
post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 01:20 PM
Registered User
 
Nole Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 23
Posts: 10,508
                     
Re: Paris R1 : Seppi def. Klizan 6-2 2-6 7-6(5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
It's Lenders, pusher and J99 come on like you'd take them seriously at all. Klizan should won today, but it counts for nowt when you don't convert your chances same in any sport.
Well, to be honest I haven't seen him play until today. I thought he would really impress me because I saw some ppl hyping him in MTF. All I saw today is a future top 20 player at best. He doesn't have something spectacular in his game but being lefty is always good I guess.

I agree he should have won this but he is pretty overrated anyway.
Nole Rules is offline  
post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 01:24 PM
Registered User
 
JurajCrane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,458
                     
Re: Paris R1 : Seppi def. Klizan 6-2 2-6 7-6(5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutesteve22 View Post
What a disappointing loss for Klizan.
The first serve betrayed him in SFM, and couldn't hit a ball in when 5-2 leaded in TB.
Don't know how he won Saint-Petersburg SF with this mental...
Hah, he led Youzhny 5-2 in third set there too

It was particulary the same story, from 5-2 to 5-5, then TB, Klizan led 5-3 in TB there but managed to get to 6-3 and won. Here he lost the crucial point.

Roger Federer - Martin Klizan - Lukas Lacko - Milos Raonic - Fernando Verdasco

Dustin Brown - Nick Kyrgios - Norbert Gombos - Stanislas Wawrinka - Dominic Thiem
JurajCrane is offline  
post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,503
                     
Re: Paris R1 : Seppi def. Klizan 6-2 2-6 7-6(5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole Rules View Post
Well, to be honest I haven't seen him play until today. I thought he would really impress me because I saw some ppl hyping him in MTF.

All I saw today is a future top 20 player at best. He doesn't have something spectacular in his game but being lefty is always good I guess.
Well if you read the thread by Juraj talking about the younger players I explained the Klizan deal there. He has an aggressive game, next year is the key to how he backs up the breakthrough season.

He gets some nasty kick off the serve and the forehand if he gets rushed then you can see it breaking down, but it will win him matches.

Klizan wasn't hyped at all until after St.Petersburg the classic bandwagoning thing. At the same time he and Seppi have had their best years. There is the Blava Challenger next week which he should play at home, then enjoy some time off.

On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline  
post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 01:31 PM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 14,607
                     
Re: Paris R1 : Seppi def. Klizan 6-2 2-6 7-6(5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Well if you read the thread by Juraj talking about the younger players I explained the Klizan deal there. He has an aggressive game, next year is the key to how he backs up the breakthrough season.

He gets some nasty kick off the serve and the forehand if he gets rushed then you can see it breaking down, but it will win him matches.

Klizan wasn't hyped at all until after St.Petersburg the classic bandwagoning thing. At the same time he and Seppi have had their best years. There is the Blava Challenger next week which he should play at home, then enjoy some time off.
He'll only play it if he get's a WC.

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info
Transcender is offline  
post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 01:33 PM
Registered User
 
JurajCrane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,458
                     
Re: Paris R1 : Seppi def. Klizan 6-2 2-6 7-6(5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Well if you read the thread by Juraj talking about the younger players I explained the Klizan deal there. He has an aggressive game, next year is the key to how he backs up the breakthrough season.

He gets some nasty kick off the serve and the forehand if he gets rushed then you can see it breaking down, but it will win him matches.

Klizan wasn't hyped at all until after St.Petersburg the classic bandwagoning thing. At the same time he and Seppi have had their best years. There is the Blava Challenger next week which he should play at home, then enjoy some time off.
Exactly my thoughts, he will go down in rankings maybe next year, but still need to learn on ATP level (see today).

And he won´t play Blava CH, he told me after DC that Paris will be his last tournie. I asked Kucera why, and he said that he will play it if he would fight for seeding at AO - then he won St. Petersburg and it was clear after then.

Roger Federer - Martin Klizan - Lukas Lacko - Milos Raonic - Fernando Verdasco

Dustin Brown - Nick Kyrgios - Norbert Gombos - Stanislas Wawrinka - Dominic Thiem
JurajCrane is offline  
post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 01:35 PM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 14,607
                     
Re: Paris R1 : Seppi def. Klizan 6-2 2-6 7-6(5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurajCrane View Post
Exactly my thoughts, he will go down in rankings maybe next year, but still need to learn on ATP level (see today).

And he won´t play Blava CH, he told me after DC that Paris will be his last tournie. I asked Kucera why, and he said that he will play it if he would fight for seeding at AO - then he won St. Petersburg and it was clear after then.
Nowhere in that post does it say he will go down in the rankings next season, just that he has to back it up.

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info
Transcender is offline  
post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 01:36 PM
LIFETIME MUG
 
nastoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 36,497
                     
Re: Paris R1 : Seppi def. Klizan 6-2 2-6 7-6(5)

there's obviously an issue with Klizan trying to close out matches, we've seen it a few times before this year, today it was even more evident because he choked so hard.
It doesn't take long to get the tag of the choker in this sport.
nastoff is offline  
post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 01:39 PM
Registered User
 
JurajCrane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,458
                     
Re: Paris R1 : Seppi def. Klizan 6-2 2-6 7-6(5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
Nowhere in that post does it say he will go down in the rankings next season, just that he has to back it up.
My thoughts is what AJ wrote. And then, I THINK he will go down in rankings maybe, because he still needs to learn things on ATP level.

But he has nothing to defend until March.

Roger Federer - Martin Klizan - Lukas Lacko - Milos Raonic - Fernando Verdasco

Dustin Brown - Nick Kyrgios - Norbert Gombos - Stanislas Wawrinka - Dominic Thiem
JurajCrane is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome