Valencia R1: [7]Čilić def. Kližan 1-6 6-0 6-3 - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-21-2012, 04:25 PM
Registered User
 
samanosuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 20,200
                     
Re: Valencia R1: [7]Čilić def. Kližan 1-6 6-0 6-3

that's what you get when you count on mug to beat other mug. luckily in draw are some better ranked player so syllich is going out when he meets first one not named monaco.

step by step cilic reaching troicki's level a year ago when he was beating inferior players on regular basis, couldn't give a fight to better players and in rare moments when he succeeded he legendary choked it away

La Undécima
samanosuke is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-21-2012, 04:26 PM
Registered User
 
Blue Heart24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Croatia
Posts: 31,650
                     
Re: Valencia R1: [7]Čilić def. Kližan 1-6 6-0 6-3

3 sets,2 mugs,1 winner.
Blue Heart24 is offline  
post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-21-2012, 04:27 PM
Registered User
 
JurajCrane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,460
                     
Re: Valencia R1: [7]Čilić def. Kližan 1-6 6-0 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
Your optimism is scaring me.
How old are you, son ? He is young gun, some people like him and you are becoming his hater already. Get rid of it

And to the match : Well, after winning 1st set 6-1 with such a strong display on serve, you wouldn´t expect him to lose second 0-6.
Key was a breakpoint in first game second set, which Klizan didn´t took and Marin started himself up.

Almost every game in 2nd set was 30-30 with Cilic winning all those important points.
I was hoping that Klizan could serve first in 3rd, but once he got bagelled and Cilic served first in 3rd, I knew it was almost over.

Klizan eventually broke back to 1-2 and serve, but failed to hold and the rest is known.

What is interesting in their matchup : They have played 8 sets together. Every set was won by a player, who served first. I know it is not big deal, but sure it can play a role.

Cilic was serving first in all three sets at USO (broke Klizan at 6-5 and 5-4) and also in Shanghai (at 6-5).

So I somehow knew when Cilic was serving first in 3rd set, he would profit from it.

Roger Federer - Martin Klizan - Lukas Lacko - Milos Raonic - Fernando Verdasco

Dustin Brown - Nick Kyrgios - Norbert Gombos - Stanislas Wawrinka - Dominic Thiem
JurajCrane is offline  
post #19 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-21-2012, 04:28 PM
Registered User
 
Freak3yman84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 12,426
                     
Re: Valencia R1: [7]Čilić def. Kližan 1-6 6-0 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurajCrane View Post
How old are you, son ? He is young gun, some people like him and you are becoming his hater already. Get rid of it
13. No. And no. People hate Monaco, but I don't tell them to "get rid of it"

Oh Sheesh Y'all, 'Twas A Dream

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but seven

W Houston and Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut W Orleans (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus) Tashkent S&D (w/ Mr Brightside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is offline  
post #20 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-21-2012, 04:31 PM
Registered User
 
BroTree123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 17,774
                     
Re: Valencia R1: [7]Čilić def. Kližan 1-6 6-0 6-3

Nice Patriotic tardism

Quote:
Hian about himself
Quote:
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline  
post #21 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-21-2012, 04:31 PM
Registered User
 
JurajCrane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,460
                     
Re: Valencia R1: [7]Čilić def. Kližan 1-6 6-0 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
13. No. And no. People hate Monaco, but I don't tell them to "get rid of it"
Oh well ... Difference is you "hate" him not because tennis reasons, but because someone didn´t want to agree with you in bandwagon thread.

Roger Federer - Martin Klizan - Lukas Lacko - Milos Raonic - Fernando Verdasco

Dustin Brown - Nick Kyrgios - Norbert Gombos - Stanislas Wawrinka - Dominic Thiem
JurajCrane is offline  
post #22 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-21-2012, 04:33 PM
Registered User
 
BroTree123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 17,774
                     
Re: Valencia R1: [7]Čilić def. Kližan 1-6 6-0 6-3

And you like him because he's from your country. Go Fish.

Quote:
Hian about himself
Quote:
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline  
post #23 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-21-2012, 04:35 PM
Registered User
 
Sanya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Age: 25
Posts: 2,588
                     
Re: Valencia R1: [7]Čilić def. Kližan 1-6 6-0 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
that's what you get when you count on mug to beat other mug. luckily in draw are some better ranked player so syllich is going out when he meets first one not named monaco.

step by step cilic reaching troicki's level a year ago when he was beating inferior players on regular basis, couldn't give a fight to better players and in rare moments when he succeeded he legendary choked it away
Whom Cilic should beat you to write at least two good words about him?

Gasquet is next №1
Sanya is offline  
post #24 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-21-2012, 04:35 PM
Registered User
 
JurajCrane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,460
                     
Re: Valencia R1: [7]Čilić def. Kližan 1-6 6-0 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroTree123 View Post
And you like him because he's from your country. Go Fish.
Is that equal or even worse ? Just asking.

Roger Federer - Martin Klizan - Lukas Lacko - Milos Raonic - Fernando Verdasco

Dustin Brown - Nick Kyrgios - Norbert Gombos - Stanislas Wawrinka - Dominic Thiem
JurajCrane is offline  
post #25 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-21-2012, 04:37 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Posts: 21,935
                     
Re: Valencia R1: [7]Čilić def. Kližan 1-6 6-0 6-3

not sure what the hell happened here but im glad marin got through
misty1 is offline  
post #26 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-21-2012, 04:38 PM
Registered User
 
Freak3yman84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 12,426
                     
Re: Valencia R1: [7]Čilić def. Kližan 1-6 6-0 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurajCrane View Post
Oh well ... Difference is you "hate" him not because tennis reasons, but because someone didn´t want to agree with you in bandwagon thread.
My age has nothing to do with this. And how the hell would you know why I don't like him? Stop assuming that. I don't like Klizan because I don't like his game nor his personality.

Furthermore,
Your argument is horrible

Oh Sheesh Y'all, 'Twas A Dream

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but seven

W Houston and Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut W Orleans (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus) Tashkent S&D (w/ Mr Brightside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is offline  
post #27 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-21-2012, 04:40 PM
Registered User
 
JurajCrane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,460
                     
Re: Valencia R1: [7]Čilić def. Kližan 1-6 6-0 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
My age has nothing to do with this. And how the hell would you know why I don't like him? Stop assuming that. I don't like Klizan because I don't like his game nor his personality.

Furthermore,
Your argument is horrible
Oh yes, of course Let´s pretend it.

Roger Federer - Martin Klizan - Lukas Lacko - Milos Raonic - Fernando Verdasco

Dustin Brown - Nick Kyrgios - Norbert Gombos - Stanislas Wawrinka - Dominic Thiem
JurajCrane is offline  
post #28 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-21-2012, 04:42 PM
country flag SVK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Age: 25
Posts: 3,755
                     
Re: Valencia R1: [7]Čilić def. Kližan 1-6 6-0 6-3

Looks like Week of WTA scorelines in ATP was extended.
SVK is offline  
post #29 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-21-2012, 04:43 PM
Registered User
 
Freak3yman84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 12,426
                     
Re: Valencia R1: [7]Čilić def. Kližan 1-6 6-0 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurajCrane View Post
Oh yes, of course Let´s pretend it.
Do you want me to tell you why I don't like his game?

When I saw him he was making stupid unforced errors, and literally hit 0 winners the whole time. He can hit the ball hard, but he can't place it well. He's like a ballbasher without the spectacular winners, which I certainly do NOT care for. I don't know where the hell you got that assumption that I dislike him because of the whole bandwagon argument, and you really need to coming up with an argument that isn't assuming what I think. The end.

Oh Sheesh Y'all, 'Twas A Dream

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but seven

W Houston and Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut W Orleans (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus) Tashkent S&D (w/ Mr Brightside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is offline  
post #30 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-21-2012, 04:43 PM
Registered User
 
The Prince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 12,409
                     
Re: Valencia R1: [7]Čilić def. Kližan 1-6 6-0 6-3

Kližan is a great player. He's not dedicated like Monaco, Ferrer or anyone else like that, so you can't expect him to win multiple matches every week. I think everyone needs to get realistic with him, he's not going to set the world alight every week!
The Prince is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome