Stockholm R2: Almagro def. Copil 6-4, 7-6(7-4) - MensTennisForums.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
Banned!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Posts: 21,935
                     
Stockholm R2: Almagro def. Copil 6-4, 7-6(7-4)

Disappointing result. Marius rally could have used the points and almagro gains absolutly nothing xcept possibly more haters from being here this week.

I was hoping marius could have pulled this off but its still been a pretty good last couple of weeks for him and hopefully he continues this form and gets some more wins before season's end.
misty1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 03:18 PM
Rankings Master
 
Slasher1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Age: 30
Posts: 12,647
                     
Re: Stockholm R2: Almagro def. Copil 6-4, 7-6(7-4)

Marius played really well given the situation actually. The point is he's not ready for this level yet, especially after playing so much during the last days. He looked both tired and nervous, but still managed to play some nice offensive tennis (and risk so many unforced errors). He'll keep trying and trying until he breaks into Top 100. He's had a good hard season and is certainly more motivated.

Almagro played what was needed. He defended and didn't let Marius take the upper-hand in this match at all.
Slasher1985 is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 03:51 PM
Registered User
 
Federer in 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 7,771
                     
Re: Stockholm R2: Almagro def. Copil 6-4, 7-6(7-4)

This Copil guy is massively underrated. He is at #178 while he can easily be top 60.


ROGER FEDERER

'Roger Federer is the best ever' - Everyone else other than John McEnroe*

*Not anymore...

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Nadal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Federer. Disgusting.
Federer in 2 is offline  
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 04:14 PM
Registered User
 
Sauletekis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pafos, Cyprus
Age: 29
Posts: 11,826
                     
Re: Stockholm R2: Almagro def. Copil 6-4, 7-6(7-4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
Disappointing result. Marius rally could have used the points and almagro gains absolutly nothing xcept possibly more haters from being here this week.

I was hoping marius could have pulled this off but its still been a pretty good last couple of weeks for him and hopefully he continues this form and gets some more wins before season's end.
I don't think that's possible on MTF...

Proud fan of:

Sporting Clube de Portugal, Fútbol Club Barcelona, Newcastle United Football Club, FK Vilniaus Žalgiris
Sauletekis is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 04:52 PM
Registered User
 
The Prince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 12,409
                     
Re: Stockholm R2: Almagro def. Copil 6-4, 7-6(7-4)

Marius not quite ready to get another big win. Maybe next year he can get more.
The Prince is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 05:45 PM
Registered User
 
Sombrerero loco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Age: 27
Posts: 61,615
                     
Re: Stockholm R2: Almagro def. Copil 6-4, 7-6(7-4)

well, that was so NID

Henri KONTINEN

Jaume Pla Malfeito/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Tomas Pusic Whitmore

John Millman /Marcus Willis/Taro Daniel-Alex de Miñaur-Josh Milton


Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Javier Martí-Evan Hoyt-Brydan Klein-Chris Rungkat-Andres Artuñedo-Hugo Nys-Pol Toledo
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 06:05 PM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 16,815
                     
Re: Stockholm R2: Almagro def. Copil 6-4, 7-6(7-4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
Marius played really well given the situation actually. The point is he's not ready for this level yet, especially after playing so much during the last days. He looked both tired and nervous, but still managed to play some nice offensive tennis (and risk so many unforced errors). He'll keep trying and trying until he breaks into Top 100. He's had a good hard season and is certainly more motivated.

Almagro played what was needed. He defended and didn't let Marius take the upper-hand in this match at all.
Defending is not one of Nic's strong points.

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info
Transcender is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 07:36 PM
Registered User
 
Marcoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 402
                     
Re: Stockholm R2: Almagro def. Copil 6-4, 7-6(7-4)

That was obvious. I mean Almagro isn't at his best years anymore, but he's not that bad...
Marcoo is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 07:42 PM
Registered User
 
Transcender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 16,815
                     
Re: Stockholm R2: Almagro def. Copil 6-4, 7-6(7-4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcoo View Post
That was obvious. I mean Almagro isn't at his best years anymore, but he's not that bad...
What are you talking about, he's at his peak, he's 27.

TT stats site: tt-statistics.info
Transcender is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome