Djokovic hasn't beaten a fellow member of the Big 4 since early June... - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #106 of 119 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012, 01:04 PM
Registered User
 
Looner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 13,205
                     
Re: Djokovic hasn't beaten a fellow member of the Big 4 since early June...

If you ever need a "big" win after a long success drought, please call Murray. He is ready to help in GS finals as well as Masters. Well done, Nole on your first win over a fellow top 4 in 4 months .


The "Who plays tennis?" thread


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Rod Laver
Roger is like a good red wine, he’s getting better with age.
Looner is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #107 of 119 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012, 01:12 PM
Registered User
 
finishingmove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Age: 28
Posts: 23,124
                     
Re: Djokovic hasn't beaten a fellow member of the Big 4 since early June...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
If you ever need a "big" win after a long success drought, please call Murray. He is ready to help in GS finals as well as Masters. Well done, Nole on your first win over a fellow top 4 in 4 months .
Also if you need ( * ) Slams.

If he's not available, you can always call Soderling, Gonzalez, Baghdatis or Philippoussis.

Or you could try beating your rivals instead of vulturing.
finishingmove is offline  
post #108 of 119 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012, 01:15 PM
Registered User
 
Looner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 13,205
                     
Re: Djokovic hasn't beaten a fellow member of the Big 4 since early June...

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishingmove View Post
Also if you need ( * ) Slams.

If he's not available, you can always call Soderling, Gonzalez, Baghdatis or Philippoussis.

Or you could try beating your rivals instead of vulturing.
Lol, so pressed. I am seriously not upset or trying to diminish Novak's win . I had him as the winner of my bracket after all .


The "Who plays tennis?" thread


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Rod Laver
Roger is like a good red wine, he’s getting better with age.
Looner is offline  
post #109 of 119 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012, 02:57 PM
Registered User
 
Noleta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Love Carpet
Posts: 40,645
                     
Re: Djokovic hasn't beaten a fellow member of the Big 4 since early June...

Finally he didWow 4 months in tennis feels like 4yrs

Ssshhh..........
Noleta is offline  
post #110 of 119 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012, 03:17 PM
Registered User
 
juan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Age: 28
Posts: 3,147
                     
Re: Djokovic hasn't beaten a fellow member of the Big 4 since early June...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Losing to Nadal on clay is not a big deal, everyone loses to him. He lost to Noserer @ wimby because he was sick, no big deal as well. However, being beat by Mandy in a fucking slam final on hard court is a huge fiasco. Nole must still be mad over that one. Should have really won that match.
he lost again federer with back problems and with 31 years old........

and nadal had the lucky that just in the beginning of the clay season and in montecarlo in where a victory of nole would be destroyed nadal confidence ( even worst than his lost against the star of tennis lukas rosol) that nole`s grandpa death and thats affects very much nole in montecarlo and all the clay season , by the way his lucky in roland garros with the rain when nole had all the momentum and nadal was on the ropes.

very lucky this nadal

if we talking of sick , nadal in 2008 had the lucky that federer had the mono in the beginning of the year and that affects all his 2008 with horribles perfomances all the year.
juan27 is offline  
post #111 of 119 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012, 03:56 PM
Banned!
 
Winner Seaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 73
                     
Re: Djokovic hasn't beaten a fellow member of the Big 4 since early June...

Good win for Nole. Very hard and unexpected for me , who watched the whole match - but win is win.
Winner Seaker is offline  
post #112 of 119 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012, 04:00 PM
Registered User
 
Freak3yman84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 12,426
                     
Re: Djokovic hasn't beaten a fellow member of the Big 4 since early June...

Now change the title to "Djokovic hasn't beaten a fellow member of the Big 3 since late May..."

Oh Sheesh Y'all, 'Twas A Dream

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but seven

W Houston and Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut W Orleans (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus) Tashkent S&D (w/ Mr Brightside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is offline  
post #113 of 119 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
country flag Leo
Registered User
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Age: 27
Posts: 8,451
                     
Re: Djokovic hasn't beaten a fellow member of the Big 4 since early June...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Djoker beat Federer at RG and Fed is certainly still a member of the Top 4.
And about those 4/5 biggest events...the WTF is not necessarily worth less than the Olympics so what your saiyng is pretty arbitrary.
1) Did you read my first post of the thread? Apparently not. I said the streak of five losses began after Fed at RG. Since, other posters brought up his individual losing streaks to the top players.

2) I said 5 biggest events. WTF is the 6th biggest event this year. Ask any player - I don't think you'll find more than 2% who value WTF over Olympics.

/ / / /
Djokovic.
\ \ \ \
Coric.
/ / / / /
Youzhny.
\ \ \ \
Del Potro.
/ / / /
Paire.
\ \ \ \
Ferrero.
Leo is offline  
post #114 of 119 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
country flag Leo
Registered User
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Age: 27
Posts: 8,451
                     
Re: Djokovic hasn't beaten a fellow member of the Big 4 since early June...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
Now change the title to "Djokovic hasn't beaten a fellow member of the Big 3 since late May..."
No. Murray has been the best player in the world since Wimbledon undoubtedly, and demolished Federer this week.

Federer has been losing to other guys much more so than Djokovic.

Nadal has been off the tour.

/ / / /
Djokovic.
\ \ \ \
Coric.
/ / / / /
Youzhny.
\ \ \ \
Del Potro.
/ / / /
Paire.
\ \ \ \
Ferrero.
Leo is offline  
post #115 of 119 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012, 04:14 PM
Registered User
 
Freak3yman84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 12,426
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
No. Murray has been the best player in the world since Wimbledon undoubtedly, and demolished Federer this week.

Federer has been losing to other guys much more so than Djokovic.

Nadal has been off the tour.
I was going by ranking

Oh Sheesh Y'all, 'Twas A Dream

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but seven

W Houston and Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut W Orleans (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus) Tashkent S&D (w/ Mr Brightside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is offline  
post #116 of 119 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012, 04:16 PM
Banned!
 
Winner Seaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 73
                     
Re: Djokovic hasn't beaten a fellow member of the Big 4 since early June...

This topic can be closed because Djokovic achieved that.
Winner Seaker is offline  
post #117 of 119 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012, 04:36 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 703
                     
Re: Djokovic hasn't beaten a fellow member of the Big 4 since early June...

It's Big Three, not Big Four - I'd like to know how anyone can lump Murray into the same category as Djokovic, Federer and Nadal?
out_grinder is offline  
post #118 of 119 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012, 07:00 PM
Registered User
 
Matt01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 11,125
                     
Re: Djokovic hasn't beaten a fellow member of the Big 4 since early June...

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan27 View Post
he lost again federer with back problems and with 31 years old........

and nadal had the lucky that just in the beginning of the clay season and in montecarlo in where a victory of nole would be destroyed nadal confidence ( even worst than his lost against the star of tennis lukas rosol) that nole`s grandpa death and thats affects very much nole in montecarlo and all the clay season , by the way his lucky in roland garros with the rain when nole had all the momentum and nadal was on the ropes.

very lucky this nadal

if we talking of sick , nadal in 2008 had the lucky that federer had the mono in the beginning of the year and that affects all his 2008 with horribles perfomances all the year.


Monaco - Del Potro - Nadal - Wawrinka - Robredo - Simon - Berdych - Dimitrov - Chardy


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
Djokovic is the people's champion, Federer and Nadal are greedy thugs.
Matt01 is offline  
post #119 of 119 (permalink) Old 10-14-2012, 07:01 PM
King of Queens
 
Sapeod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 21
Posts: 41,413
                     
Re: Djokovic hasn't beaten a fellow member of the Big 4 since early June...

Quote:
Originally Posted by out_grinder View Post
It's Big Three, not Big Four - I'd like to know how anyone can lump Murray into the same category as Djokovic, Federer and Nadal?
He finally has a slam so you can't say he isn't there when he was there even without one. As for currently, it's the Big 3. Nadal is far below them.

ANDY MURRAY

SLAMS: 3 WINS, 8 finals, 9 semi-finals, 7 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 12 WINS, 5 finals, 13 semi-finals, 18 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OTHER: Olympic gold and silver medals, Davis Cup champion...
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 592-171...
TITLES: 38 and counting...

~ Roger ~ Pics ~ Monty ~ Berdman ~ Stronga ~ Feli ~ Big Kev
Sapeod is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome