Is Nishikori the highest ranked player with no haters on MTF?!! - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 107 (permalink) Old 10-07-2012, 09:56 PM
Registered User
 
asmazif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,834
                     
Re: Is Nishikori the highest ranked player with no haters on MTF?!!

definitely remember someone calling Guga an "awkward looking skinny retard" or something along those lines. There is always (at least) one.

| Wins over 3+ of the Top 4. Players to reach all slam QFs+ in history. Hawkeye/Line Calls. QFs+ at Slams & Masters, but never Top 20.
Haas / The Fog / Tsonga / Gojowczyk / Brown / Nole / Mahut / Sijsling / Dolgo / Cuevas / Fed / Stan / Baker / Alund / Kei / Tursunov / Copil / Bolelli / Brands / Benneteau / Steps / Stakh / PHM
Rafter / Edberg / Henman / Stich / Safin / Gambill / Grosjean / Malisse / Gonzo / Llodra / Santoro / Agassi / Schalken / Nováček / Rosewall / H-T Lee / Kuerten / Boetsch / Pavel / Sundström / Björkman / Scud / El Aynaoui / Arazi / Calleri / Sampras / Nalbandian / Mosquito / Srichaphan / Pioline
asmazif is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 107 (permalink) Old 10-07-2012, 09:59 PM
Registered User
 
Burrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 19,054
                     
Re: Is Nishikori the highest ranked player with no haters on MTF?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
No there's 1 or 2.

Guga was definitely universally loved.
Gustavo Kuerten was far from the saint people always make him out to be on this forum. He's always portrayed as this smiley character when he was actually quite firey. I doubt many actually watched much of him. I do like Kuerten, however.
Burrow is offline  
post #63 of 107 (permalink) Old 10-07-2012, 10:02 PM
Som i Serem
 
EnriqueIG8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 28
Posts: 15,949
                     
Re: Is Nishikori the highest ranked player with no haters on MTF?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
Gustavo Kuerten was far from the saint people always make him out to be on this forum. He's always portrayed as this smiley character when he was actually quite firey. I doubt many actually watched much of him. I do like Kuerten, however.
Exactly, and add the fact that a lot of people hate his loud grunting style. Okay it was not as bad as Gruntollers style but still pretty loud.

He is one of my all time faves as well.


Former #1 in FITD (Titles: 11 / US Open 2009 + MS Shanghai 2010 + MS Cincinatti 2011 champion)
also: Bangkok 2008, Sydney 2009, Acapulco 2009, Dubai 2009, Båstad 2009, Stockholm 2009, Eastbourne 2010 & Auckland 2013

Former #1 in Suicide Tennis (Titles: 2 / Won: 7)
#178 (PR#145) in TT Singles (Titles: 3 / CH Ortisei 2010, CH Bratislava 2010 & CH Mons 2012) | ATP Zagreb F 2013
#162 (PR#72) in TT Doubles (Titles: 6 / CH Rome 2011 + CH Ostrava 2011 w. vn01, CH Madrid 2012 w. Rodrigol_87, CH Sheffield 2013 w. sdtoot & CH Rome 2013 + CH Bordeaux 2013 w. Sonj1989)
EnriqueIG8 is offline  
post #64 of 107 (permalink) Old 10-07-2012, 10:03 PM
Registered User
 
Mark Lenders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 16,653
                     
Re: Is Nishikori the highest ranked player with no haters on MTF?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by romismak View Post
Just wait and he will be hated - more popular he will be - higher in ranking he will be there will be new haters

I remember year ago or donīt know when but here was similar thread about Ferrer - he was hard-working nice guy who isnīt hated

Now he is No.1 enemy for many people... he is biggest vulture in universe...

You will see some people will come up with something vs Nishikori you will see
He was the biggest vulture in the universe last year already...

Seriously though, I struggle to see how anyone can hate Kei: he's a short guy playing an extremely aggressive brand of tennis, dictating and 'bullying' even some of the biggest hitters on tours, he's humble, hardworking, never raises any waves/controversies. What's to hate?
Mark Lenders is offline  
post #65 of 107 (permalink) Old 10-07-2012, 10:04 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,772
                     
Re: Is Nishikori the highest ranked player with no haters on MTF?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
Gustavo Kuerten was far from the saint people always make him out to be on this forum. He's always portrayed as this smiley character when he was actually quite firey. I doubt many actually watched much of him. I do like Kuerten, however.
He also had one of the most ridiculous grunts I've ever heard.
Lleyton_ is offline  
post #66 of 107 (permalink) Old 10-07-2012, 10:05 PM
Registered User
 
Burrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 19,054
                     
Re: Is Nishikori the highest ranked player with no haters on MTF?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
He was the biggest vulture in the universe last year already...

Seriously though, I struggle to see how anyone can hate Kei: he's a short guy playing an extremely aggressive brand of tennis, dictating and 'bullying' even some of the biggest hitters on tours, he's humble, hardworking, never raises any waves/controversies. What's to hate?
We've already been over this, but yet again, Nishikori does not play an extremely aggressive brand of tennis.

Why the need to exaggerate absolutely everything?
Burrow is offline  
post #67 of 107 (permalink) Old 10-07-2012, 10:06 PM
.
 
rocketassist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 28,702
                     
Re: Is Nishikori the highest ranked player with no haters on MTF?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
Gustavo Kuerten was far from the saint people always make him out to be on this forum. He's always portrayed as this smiley character when he was actually quite firey. I doubt many actually watched much of him. I do like Kuerten, however.
Oh I do remember him getting booed when he lost the Miami final to Sampras, he threw a massive tantrum after that, before composing himself for the ceremony.

unbiased analyst extraordinaire
rocketassist is offline  
post #68 of 107 (permalink) Old 10-07-2012, 10:08 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 78
                     
Re: Is Nishikori the highest ranked player with no haters on MTF?!!

I always liked Nishikori, but my estimation of him has gone up even more now he has denied Raonic a first 500 title.
thesouth is offline  
post #69 of 107 (permalink) Old 10-07-2012, 10:09 PM
Registered User
 
Sanya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Age: 24
Posts: 2,573
                     
Re: Is Nishikori the highest ranked player with no haters on MTF?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
He was the biggest vulture in the universe last year already...

Seriously though, I struggle to see how anyone can hate Kei: he's a short guy playing an extremely aggressive brand of tennis, dictating and 'bullying' even some of the biggest hitters on tours, he's humble, hardworking, never raises any waves/controversies. What's to hate?
Ferrer`s description.

Gasquet is next №1
Sanya is online now  
post #70 of 107 (permalink) Old 10-07-2012, 10:17 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 24
Posts: 4,382
                     
Re: Is Nishikori the highest ranked player with no haters on MTF?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
He was the biggest vulture in the universe last year already...

Seriously though, I struggle to see how anyone can hate Kei: he's a short guy playing an extremely aggressive brand of tennis, dictating and 'bullying' even some of the biggest hitters on tours, he's humble, hardworking, never raises any waves/controversies. What's to hate?
I remember Ferrer not being hated here, and you are among those who started this vulture thing, i have nothing against Ferrer i think he is hard working - i would say he is just stupid in scheduling - like he went to MAlaysia play 250 and he wasnīt able get there anything besides apperance fees and prize money

But to Kei, yes his profile looks fantascit, humble guy - great, attacking tennis - great, from non-hated country- great, - i mean players can be hated just based of origin
not negative image - great

I am howewer 100% sure in few months there will be something s him - something that maybe already exist but people are not paying attention at this moment . People will come up with something to hate, he just will beat ther favorit guy or he just started to annoy somebody or i donīt know and there will be ,,thing,, vs him and he will have haters - but thatīs normal response from people for centuries, anybody who is popular, important or achieve something will have followers-fans and haters-people who canīt stand them - it is just natural process you will see
romismak is offline  
post #71 of 107 (permalink) Old 10-07-2012, 10:17 PM
Registered User
 
Mark Lenders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 16,653
                     
Re: Is Nishikori the highest ranked player with no haters on MTF?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
We've already been over this, but yet again, Nishikori does not play an extremely aggressive brand of tennis.

Why the need to exaggerate absolutely everything?
He does though. How many players have you recently seen dictate proceedings against a huge hitter like Berdych and put him constantly on the defensive? Not even Federer.

Just because Kei is a short player without a big serve or big groundstrokes, it doesn't mean that he's not offensive. He always looks to start moving his opponent around and pushing him back/take the initiative from the first stroke, especially off the return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanya View Post
Ferrer`s description.


You cannot be serious.
Mark Lenders is offline  
post #72 of 107 (permalink) Old 10-07-2012, 10:21 PM
Registered User
 
Mark Lenders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 16,653
                     
Re: Is Nishikori the highest ranked player with no haters on MTF?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by romismak View Post
I remember Ferrer not being hated here, and you are among those who started this vulture thing, i have nothing against Ferrer i think he is hard working - i would say he is just stupid in scheduling - like he went to MAlaysia play 250 and he wasnīt able get there anything besides apperance fees and prize money

But to Kei, yes his profile looks fantascit, humble guy - great, attacking tennis - great, from non-hated country- great, - i mean players can be hated just based of origin
not negative image - great

I am howewer 100% sure in few months there will be something s him - something that maybe already exist but people are not paying attention at this moment . People will come up with something to hate, he just will beat ther favorit guy or he just started to annoy somebody or i donīt know and there will be ,,thing,, vs him and he will have haters - but thatīs normal response from people for centuries, anybody who is popular, important or achieve something will have followers-fans and haters-people who canīt stand them - it is just natural process you will see
He's not stupid in scheduling. He needs to play every MM event he can because that's the only way he can keep his inflated ranking for as long as possible.

And yes, if Kei is hated, it better be because he beats one of the most popular players. He did bagel Djokovic last year, kind of ruining his W-L record for the year, but I guess a Slam scalp would be bound to bring him more haters. Still, don't think he will ever be a very hated player at all or that there will be a loud campaign against him on MTF like the vulturing one against Ferrer.
Mark Lenders is offline  
post #73 of 107 (permalink) Old 10-07-2012, 10:22 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 24
Posts: 4,382
                     
Re: Is Nishikori the highest ranked player with no haters on MTF?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanya View Post
Ferrer`s description.
Almost everything can be said about Ferrer agree but not agressive tenis - or extremely agresive, Ferrer is offensive baseline but his lack of power makes him look - ,,neutral,, baselines also he is many times just running behind baseline in deffense, Kei is more of offensive guy - more to Davydenko similar than Ferrer.
romismak is offline  
post #74 of 107 (permalink) Old 10-07-2012, 10:29 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 24
Posts: 4,382
                     
Re: Is Nishikori the highest ranked player with no haters on MTF?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
He's not stupid in scheduling. He needs to play every MM event he can because that's the only way he can keep his inflated ranking for as long as possible.

And yes, if Kei is hated, it better be because he beats one of the most popular players. He did bagel Djokovic last year, kind of ruining his W-L record for the year, but I guess a Slam scalp would be bound to bring him more haters. Still, don't think he will ever be a very hated player at all or that there will be a loud campaign against him on MTF like the vulturing one against Ferrer.
Agree that Ferrer has lot of points from smaller events, but maybe he just loves to play tennis, maybe he needs money, because he doesnīt have big deals like top guys have... i donīt know really reasons behind this, but i wonīt make discussion about this- it wonīt go anywhere- i mean if he wants points - there is no difference being 5 or 8th - he knows he wonīt be 4th - so why to play stupid 250s if you will stay 5th, 6th comfortably without it - donīt know really reasons

I personally want to see now Kei in China, what response from people will be in crowd considering current tension between china-Japan - he can be hated in future by chinese members of MTF - maybe chinese will have some players in top 100 and he will be hated - this just came to my mind it is possible
romismak is offline  
post #75 of 107 (permalink) Old 10-07-2012, 10:29 PM
Registered User
 
Sanya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Age: 24
Posts: 2,573
                     
Re: Is Nishikori the highest ranked player with no haters on MTF?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by romismak View Post
Almost everything can be said about Ferrer agree but not agressive tenis - or extremely agresive, Ferrer is offensive baseline but his lack of power makes him look - ,,neutral,, baselines also he is many times just running behind baseline in deffense, Kei is more of offensive guy - more to Davydenko similar than Ferrer.
Kei isn`t hardhitter either. He was in the zone this tournament, but I saw matches where he was pushing like crazy. Hell, Richie whom I liked, had some extremely agressive matches in past, but I won`t call him to be agressive minded player.

Thouth I condog that Kei > David in agression on court, but the difference isn`t that big as they say. Ferrer just has far better defence and his game is more completed - Nishikori lacks that defensive skills and that`s why his offensive tennis seems to be more obvious to people.

Gasquet is next №1
Sanya is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome