Toni: "When facing Roger the idea was always to slow down the points" - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 143 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 08:17 AM
Federer Fan & Dull Hater
 
duarte_a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 11,007
                     
Re: Toni: "When facing Roger the idea was always to slow down the points"

humbalito's uncle is humble.

duarte_a is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 143 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 08:25 AM
Federer Fan & Dull Hater
 
duarte_a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 11,007
                     
Re: Toni: "When facing Roger the idea was always to slow down the points"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Olderclown is Berdych whipping boy in slams, your argument is completely invalid.
Roger is 4-2 against berdshit in slams....

According to your logic nadull is the world #1's whipping boy in slams also.

fedhaters never cease to surprise me.

duarte_a is offline  
post #63 of 143 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 08:27 AM
Registered User
 
TBkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Age: 20
Posts: 4,290
                     
Re: Toni: "When facing Roger the idea was always to slow down the points"

You don't say Toni ?

MR. FOREVER "UNDERRENTED"

SLAMS: 4 SEMIS, 6 QUARTERS
WTF: 1 TITLE, 1 FINAL, 1 SEMI
MASTERS: 3 TITLES, 5 SEMIS, 10 QUARTERS
TITLES: 21
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 482-329
TBkeeper is online now  
post #64 of 143 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 08:43 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,339
                     
Re: Toni: "When facing Roger the idea was always to slow down the points"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
I never said Nadal was a bad player, but he has lacked a true rival on clay for his entire career. Djokovic? Please! 12-2 is similar to the Fed-Roddick H2H on HC. And Roddick has won more on HC than Djokovic on clay. So your opinion of Djokovic as a clay rival for Nadal should no more than equal your opinion of Roddick as a HC rival for Fed.
You exposed fundamentally erroneous logic of topspindoctor in such effective way.
atennisfan is offline  
post #65 of 143 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 08:54 AM
Registered User
 
manadrainer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 32
Posts: 2,212
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Djokovic since 2007. Puerta was good in 2005. Olderer had one of the best seasons on clay in 2006.

I never said Olderer was a bad player, btw. I said he lacked a true rival off clay until late 2007 (not surprisingly he became monofed and then Olderer according to his fans).
Everyone can see Fed declined after 2007 (and in some ways in 2007), not because he lost to great players like Nadal and Djokovic, but because he started losing consistently to random mugs he never lost to (canas, stepanek, and a bunch of others, just watch the statistics). That's why we Fed fans consider his declining from absolute peak right after AO 2007.

Olderer had 0 titles on clay in 2006, so by your logic he should be considered a clay court mug. Djokovic lacked consistency until 2011-12, so he can't be considered a rival for Rafa. Also notice that Djokovic is a hard court specialist.

Look, I know Rafa is probably the greatest claycourter ever, and probably would have won his RG titles even if the clay field was stronger, it's just a pity you can't admit the same about Fed.

8th day of July 2012: 7-time Wimbledon champion!

Once upon a time there was a myth about strong and weak eras. On this glorious day the clownery was eventually unmasked: 30 y.o. past-prime daddy Fed became #1 once again in the supposed strong "Spartan" era with his rivals at their peak.
And they all lived happily ever after.
Long live King Federer!


17 Grand Slam titles
7 Wimbledon titles
302 weeks at #1
Legend
manadrainer is offline  
post #66 of 143 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 10:00 AM
Registered User
 
IOFH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 25
Posts: 3,610
                     
Re: Toni: "When facing Roger the idea was always to slow down the points"

So he's admitting they deliberately put up a tactic of breaking the rules to gain an advantage. No need to be stated that if there will be no official repercussions at least there will be a consensus of discrediting every achievement Rafael Nadal has ever achieved on a tennis court.

Educating MTF clowns one post at a time.
So many fanboys to troll, so little time.

Favourite tennis matches: 2011 US Open Final & 2012 Australian Open Final, starring Novak Djokovic & Rafael Nadal, showing us just how far science can take humanity.

The US Open Final was especially enjoyable, with 'Why are there white spots all over my body?' Djokovic and 'Why am I sweating boils?' Nadal embarked on a titanic battle, concluding with the inferior player, Nadal, entering a sort of delirious state of psychosis. This allowed him to, while showing very little fatigue, consume inhuman amounts of energy, before he literally ran his legs from underneath him. This is truly the stuff dreams are made of.
IOFH is offline  
post #67 of 143 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 10:18 AM
Registered User
 
Fujee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,627
                     
Re: Toni: "When facing Roger the idea was always to slow down the points"

I guess it wouldn't be so bad, if it wasn't clearly a violation of the rules. Shame they had to resort to that, because he can definitely win without time violations.

Eufemiano Fuentes

“I worked with cyclists but also footballers, boxers, tennis players and athletes,”


For Posterity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
I honestly don't think Brown has much of a chance at all, think he might get a set at best though.
Fujee is offline  
post #68 of 143 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 10:21 AM
ALT-0
 
Litotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norway
Age: 43
Posts: 51,789
                     
Re: Toni: "When facing Roger the idea was always to slow down the points"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujee View Post
I guess it wouldn't be so bad, if it wasn't clearly a violation of the rules. Shame they had to resort to that, because he can definitely win without time violations.
Can he? One would assume he can, but I have never seen it. As far as I know, he has never played a match, let alone a tournament, where he abided by the time rule. If anyone knows different, please say where and when. Would be interesting to see if there was an exception to the rule.
Litotes is offline  
post #69 of 143 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 10:51 AM
Registered User
 
JurajCrane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,458
                     
Re: Toni: "When facing Roger the idea was always to slow down the points"

Moonballnurse got completeley owned in this thread ..

Saying Gonzalez, Nalbandian or Hewitt were mugs while "Puerta was good in 2005" ... you know how good was Gonzalez in 2007 ? No, because for you everyone except that moonballing Spaniard is mug.

Roger Federer - Martin Klizan - Lukas Lacko - Milos Raonic - Fernando Verdasco

Dustin Brown - Nick Kyrgios - Norbert Gombos - Stanislas Wawrinka - Dominic Thiem
JurajCrane is offline  
post #70 of 143 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 10:59 AM
Registered User
 
Han Solo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 39
Posts: 2,241
                     
Re: Toni: "When facing Roger the idea was always to slow down the points"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Berdych made a slam final beating Federer along the way, plus he's a better/more talented player.

What about Robredo and Blake in top 5? Shuttler in slam final? Roddick in multiple slam finals? Guys who are supposedly talented ballstrikers such as Nalbandian and Baldenko have a single GS final between them despite being top 3 players. Hewitt's USO 2006 performance? Headcase playboy Safin?

Really, if you take a close look you'll quickly find that some Olderer fans are instantly bringing up teenage Nadal's losses, mostly in best of 3 events as their "argument" - which is completely irrelevant, considering he was a CC specialist during Olderer's prime and was prone to defeats off clay.

I have to ask again, did Olderer have REAL rivals off clay before late 2007? And by rival I mean someone who could beat him on GS stage semi regularly?
No, he didn't. I would argue that's because he was really good back then.
Han Solo is offline  
post #71 of 143 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 11:02 AM
Registered User
 
juan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Age: 27
Posts: 3,083
                     
Re: Toni: "When facing Roger the idea was always to slow down the points"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Djokovic since 2007. Puerta was good in 2005. Olderer had one of the best seasons on clay in 2006.

I never said Olderer was a bad player, btw. I said he lacked a true rival off clay until late 2007 (not surprisingly he became monofed and then Olderer according to his fans).
come on man , puerta good??????djokovic????

I mean clay specialists like kuerten , corretja , ferrero , moya , muster , vilas and more others greats clay court specialist ,in this era don`t exist a real very good clay specialist outside rafa.

even when coria played with nadal , he could forced rafa to the limtits and with a legendary match in rome!!! that it`s real competition in clay but after 2005 coria was out and gaudio too , gaudio had a 3-3 h2h against nadal on clay.

fed and nole are fast court specialists , not clay.

you said that nadal was a baby in that time , but that nadal won in madrid ( indoor ) and other tournaments in fast surfaces incluiding dubai , maybe the top-10 in that era was more stronger than in this era with the exception of top-4 and the surfaces were much more faster than now too , especially australia with the rebound ace , shangai in the masters cup , us open much more faster and wimbledon more faster than now too.

after 2007 , the surfaces started to slowing down more and more

better top-10 in general and more fasters surfaces are the problem of nadal in that days.
juan27 is offline  
post #72 of 143 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 12:24 PM
Registered User
 
Sophocles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Age: 41
Posts: 8,986
                     
Re: Toni: "When facing Roger the idea was always to slow down the points"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Did he have a strong rival off clay during his dominant years (Roddicks/Hewitts/ don't count they are more like his personal jesters)?
This has no bearing on his quality as a player & his level of play. It indicates merely that he was far ahead of the competition, including Nadal & Djokovic. That doesn't prove the competition was shit. What's more, you know this and are resorting to tedious trolling in Nadal's absence. Why don't you go out drinking with your mates until he comes back instead of wasting our time?

On topic, well it's not a surprise & Don Toni's honesty is refreshing. And I don't really blame him or Nadal. I'm more inclined to blame Federer for letting these shitty tactics get to him, and above all the officials for allowing Nadal to get away with it.

"There is no such thing as 'the world'." - Enoch Powell.
Sophocles is offline  
post #73 of 143 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 12:31 PM
Registered User
 
Roy Emerson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,769
                     
Re: Toni: "When facing Roger the idea was always to slow down the points"

Nadal's grinding game is why he only played for half of this year. Meanwhile Federer won a slam and is #1 at 31. Will be interesting to see what will happen in 2013.
Roy Emerson is offline  
post #74 of 143 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 01:31 PM
country flag Tag
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Age: 27
Posts: 3,262
                     
Re: Toni: "When facing Roger the idea was always to slow down the points"

ATP mafia in cahoots with toni

future of tennis is bleak

disgusting etc
Tag is offline  
post #75 of 143 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 01:39 PM
Registered User
 
henke007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,427
                     
Re: Toni: "When facing Roger the idea was always to slow down the points"

Cheaters gonna cheat

henke007 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome