Toni: "When facing Roger the idea was always to slow down the points" - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 143 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 02:40 AM
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Age: 26
Posts: 41,799
                     
Re: Toni: "When facing Roger the idea was always to slow down the points"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Rodmug should have acquired a proper ground game, if he hit more ground stroke winners than Wozniacki in an average match, maybe he would have won more than the slam USTA gifted to him. Being Noserer's bitch on such an epic scale is downright hilarious and pathetic. Such titan of the game fit quite snugly in into Noserer's impressive era alongside Hewitt and Nalbandian
The same Roddick that was even up with Del Potro for 2 sets? Washed up Roddick vs. Prime Potro?

The same washed up Hewitt that took a set from Djoker at both the AO and Olympics?

The same Nalbandian who can beat anyone at any time?

I know you have an agenda to spew, but come on. The more you discredit Federer, the more you are indirectly discrediting Nadal.

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak Djokovic
Obviously, you play a lot of mind games with yourself, but it is important to always believe that you can play your best, perform your best, and in the end, your convictions are stronger than your doubts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
If I took the time to respond to every criticism that came across my desk, there would be no time for constructive work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphrey Bogart
The only thing you owe the audience is a good performance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niccolo Machiavelli
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
Johnny Groove is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 143 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 02:49 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sen'jin Village
Age: 32
Posts: 18,509
                     
Re: Toni: "When facing Roger the idea was always to slow down the points"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
The same Roddick that was even up with Del Potro for 2 sets? Washed up Roddick vs. Prime Potro?

The same washed up Hewitt that took a set from Djoker at both the AO and Olympics?

The same Nalbandian who can beat anyone at any time?

I know you have an agenda to spew, but come on. The more you discredit Federer, the more you are indirectly discrediting Nadal.
First of all Del Potro is a joke player, I consider him ballbashing version of Simon, even then who did he beat for his fluke slam title...? Yeah...

Who cares about "taking set from player X", btw? They didn't win, end of story. Guys like Hewitt got DOUBLE BAGELED IN A SLAM FINAL, not even WTA was ever this bad, ffs.

Nalbandian was a failure who never achieved anything in slams apart from that final where he got dismantled by Hewitt (strong era).

I am not discrediting Nadal. Not at all. He was a baby during that time and still the only real threat to Noserer while everyone else bent down nice and low. He was only great on clay. From 2008-2010 he won 6 slams + OG and countless titles + 2 YE #1 finishes. When Djoker/Nadal are at their best Noserer can barely win a slam once every 2 years. When he had to face Hewitt, Roddick and guys like Gonzalez who shit their pants, he obviously dominated, which was easy to see why.
Topspindoctor is offline  
post #33 of 143 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 02:57 AM
the pirate queen.
 
Pirata.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: usa
Age: 28
Posts: 13,370
                     
Re: Toni: "When facing Roger the idea was always to slow down the points"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post


18:10


17:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tio Toni
My nephew hasn't got the success of Borg or Lendl but had his share, all and all being a normal guy" "I think that everybody who feels special, the only special thing about them is its' head that's not working well" "The only special thing about my nephew is that he is a good tennis player and goes to a fancy hotel. Rafael is a normal guy" "It's true that he has a lot of money and is well known but Rafael knows what's important in life which is the same for everyone" "Those driven by success lose their north in life. We live in a society that praises success way too much" "It is normal that Rafael is impressed about his success. I insist that an obedient person and well guided does better in life" "Dont like calling someone a star when they do things well. My nephew's no star in tennis"

Rafael Nadal & Novak Djokovic: The Evoulution of a Handshake
federer ferrer wawrinka raonic flopez istomin mannarino pospisil
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline  
post #34 of 143 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 03:02 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,672
                     
Re: Toni: "When facing Roger the idea was always to slow down the points"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirata. View Post


17:11



Topspinmoron will probably say now that h2h is more important than slam titles. NID.
Honestly is offline  
post #35 of 143 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 03:14 AM
Registered User
 
juan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Age: 28
Posts: 3,148
                     
Re: Toni: "When facing Roger the idea was always to slow down the points"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
First of all Del Potro is a joke player, I consider him ballbashing version of Simon, even then who did he beat for his fluke slam title...? Yeah...

Who cares about "taking set from player X", btw? They didn't win, end of story. Guys like Hewitt got DOUBLE BAGELED IN A SLAM FINAL, not even WTA was ever this bad, ffs.

Nalbandian was a failure who never achieved anything in slams apart from that final where he got dismantled by Hewitt (strong era).

I am not discrediting Nadal. Not at all. He was a baby during that time and still the only real threat to Noserer while everyone else bent down nice and low. He was only great on clay. From 2008-2010 he won 6 slams + OG and countless titles + 2 YE #1 finishes. When Djoker/Nadal are at their best Noserer can barely win a slam once every 2 years. When he had to face Hewitt, Roddick and guys like Gonzalez who shit their pants, he obviously dominated, which was easy to see why.
jajajajaja what a joke!!!

nadal only could won outside clay when federer was past his peak and pre-peak djokovic in 2011 , his took advantage of that empy beetwen peak federer and djokovic.

nadal won the most joke us open in tennis history and his best year was because that 2010 was really patetic in terms of competition , the best players in very low levels or injury , he faced the powerfuls youznhy , verdasco , ferrer , berdych , melzer and more mugs.

he can`t won outside clay since 2010 , the worst year in tennis of the last years.


he is the only man of lost many slam finals with the same guy of all history , a titan really......

even in clay he never faced great competition even gaudio and coria were out and fed-nole are fast court specialist , not clay.
juan27 is offline  
post #36 of 143 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 03:15 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sen'jin Village
Age: 32
Posts: 18,509
                     
Re: Toni: "When facing Roger the idea was always to slow down the points"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestly View Post
Topspinmoron will probably say now that h2h is more important than slam titles. NID.
Never said anything like that, clown.

But H2H against his biggest rival, puts his entire tennis career into context. Noserer never had real competition and people trying to claim that 2003-2005 when mugs like Phillipousis/Johannson made slam finals, Grandpa Agassi still a slam threat and 2006-2007 (baby Nadal/Djoker not in prime, Blake/Baldenko/Robredo top 5 ) were strong eras are delusional.

The new generation of atheletes who can engage in brutal 50 stroke rallies without making an unforced error. Guys who can retrieve impossible shots and hit with 5000 rpm forehands. They are the future, not the ballerina archaic style of tennis Noserer used to succeed in weak era where he would face monsters like Gasquet and Grosjean in slam semis.
Topspindoctor is offline  
post #37 of 143 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 03:17 AM
Registered User
 
juan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Age: 28
Posts: 3,148
                     
Re: Toni: "When facing Roger the idea was always to slow down the points"

nalbandian was the same player that after come of a great injury was capable to push nadal to the limits and nadal needed that nalbandian lost his physicall to won......a very bad nalbandian!!! or the same gonzo that humilliates nadal in australia even ljubicic was capable to defeat nadull past his peak and in slow hardcourts
juan27 is offline  
post #38 of 143 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 03:18 AM
.
 
rocketassist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 28,989
                     
Re: Toni: "When facing Roger the idea was always to slow down the points"

Grosjean was awesome.

unbiased analyst extraordinaire
rocketassist is offline  
post #39 of 143 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 03:20 AM
Registered User
 
juan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Age: 28
Posts: 3,148
                     
Re: Toni: "When facing Roger the idea was always to slow down the points"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Never said anything like that, clown.

But H2H against his biggest rival, puts his entire tennis career into context. Noserer never had real competition and people trying to claim that 2003-2005 when mugs like Phillipousis/Johannson made slam finals, Grandpa Agassi still a slam threat and 2006-2007 (baby Nadal/Djoker not in prime, Blake/Baldenko/Robredo top 5 ) were strong eras are delusional.

The new generation of atheletes who can engage in brutal 50 stroke rallies without making an unforced error. Guys who can retrieve impossible shots and hit with 5000 rpm forehands. They are the future, not the ballerina archaic style of tennis Noserer used to succeed in weak era where he would face monsters like Gasquet and Grosjean in slam semis.
nadal never had real conmpetition in clay , that is the true.

and in hardcourts when younger and peak opponent appears , he was humilliated
juan27 is offline  
post #40 of 143 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 03:41 AM
Registered User
 
Snowwy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: A place that's too cold.
Posts: 23,470
                     
Re: Toni: "When facing Roger the idea was always to slow down the points"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash86 View Post


He does Rafa no favours. Talked far too much as usual at a press conference in Argentina and also said this gem. It's nothing new - Nadal has said the same thing i.e., when Roger gets into a rhythm and plays very fast then the match can go very quickly. So obviously it suits Nadal for the game to be slower but Toni does Rafa a disservice by focusing on that rather than his nephew's game.

He even said, Roger v Rafa is like a Ferrari facing a BMW - you need to take the Ferrari down a winding road. [All via @BATennis]
You could look at it another way, RN is mentally much stronger than RF. I guess it depends on who you cheer for, right?

Peter Polansky
Nestor - Chvojka - Pospisil - Raonic - Peliwo
Snowwy is offline  
post #41 of 143 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 03:45 AM
the pirate queen.
 
Pirata.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: usa
Age: 28
Posts: 13,370
                     
Re: Toni: "When facing Roger the idea was always to slow down the points"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
2003-2005 when mugs like Phillipousis/Johannson made slam finals
Berdych made a slam final, your argument is completely invalid.

Rafael Nadal & Novak Djokovic: The Evoulution of a Handshake
federer ferrer wawrinka raonic flopez istomin mannarino pospisil
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline  
post #42 of 143 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 03:50 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,672
                     
Re: Toni: "When facing Roger the idea was always to slow down the points"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirata. View Post
Berdych made a slam final, your argument is completely invalid.
OWNED.
Honestly is offline  
post #43 of 143 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 04:01 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sen'jin Village
Age: 32
Posts: 18,509
                     
Re: Toni: "When facing Roger the idea was always to slow down the points"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirata. View Post
Berdych made a slam final, your argument is completely invalid.
Berdych made a slam final beating Federer along the way, plus he's a better/more talented player.

What about Robredo and Blake in top 5? Shuttler in slam final? Roddick in multiple slam finals? Guys who are supposedly talented ballstrikers such as Nalbandian and Baldenko have a single GS final between them despite being top 3 players. Hewitt's USO 2006 performance? Headcase playboy Safin?

Really, if you take a close look you'll quickly find that some Olderer fans are instantly bringing up teenage Nadal's losses, mostly in best of 3 events as their "argument" - which is completely irrelevant, considering he was a CC specialist during Olderer's prime and was prone to defeats off clay.

I have to ask again, did Olderer have REAL rivals off clay before late 2007? And by rival I mean someone who could beat him on GS stage semi regularly?
Topspindoctor is offline  
post #44 of 143 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 04:08 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,931
                     
Re: Toni: "When facing Roger the idea was always to slow down the points"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Never said anything like that, clown.

But H2H against his biggest rival, puts his entire tennis career into context. Noserer never had real competition and people trying to claim that 2003-2005 when mugs like Phillipousis/Johannson made slam finals, Grandpa Agassi still a slam threat and 2006-2007 (baby Nadal/Djoker not in prime, Blake/Baldenko/Robredo top 5 ) were strong eras are delusional.
And 31 yo ballerina won slams and is ranked #1 while Djoker and Nadal are in their absolute prime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
The new generation of atheletes who can engage in brutal 50 stroke rallies without making an unforced error. Guys who can retrieve impossible shots and hit with 5000 rpm forehands. They are the future, not the ballerina archaic style of tennis Noserer used to succeed in weak era where he would face monsters like Gasquet and Grosjean in slam semis.
The same brutal new generation of athletes who got bageled by a 31 yo ballerina?

More turds from topspinturds.
atennisfan is offline  
post #45 of 143 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 04:25 AM
Registered User
 
MTwEeZi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,018
                     
Re: Toni: "When facing Roger the idea was always to slow down the points"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirata. View Post
Berdych made a slam final, your argument is completely invalid.
Olderclown is Berdych whipping boy in slams, your argument is completely invalid.
MTwEeZi is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome