CH Banja Luka F: Hanescu def. Haider-Maurer 6-4 6-1 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
Rankings Master
 
Slasher1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Age: 30
Posts: 11,360
                     
CH Banja Luka F: Hanescu def. Haider-Maurer 6-4 6-1

Hanescu interrupts Haider-Maurer's winning streak (2 consecutive Challengers won, this would have been the third). It didn't look like the Austrian player could have won this match though, so a deserved win from the Romanian player.
Slasher1985 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 02:53 PM
Registered User
 
Sanya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Age: 24
Posts: 2,573
                     
Re: CH Banja Luka F: Hanescu def. Haider-Maurer 6-4 6-1

Always liked Victor, happy for him. He was strong TOP-50 player few years ago, great clay-courter.

Gasquet is next №1
Sanya is offline  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 02:59 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,681
                     
Re: CH Banja Luka F: Hanescu def. Haider-Maurer 6-4 6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanya View Post
Always liked Victor, happy for him. He was strong TOP-50 player few years ago, great clay-courter.
He's a complete scumbag, how can you possibly like him?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PfGVF6CBFQ
Wing Man Frank is offline  
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 03:22 PM
Registered User
 
Sanya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Age: 24
Posts: 2,573
                     
Re: CH Banja Luka F: Hanescu def. Haider-Maurer 6-4 6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Man Frank View Post
He's a complete scumbag, how can you possibly like him?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PfGVF6CBFQ
He was provoked. Are you blaming Zidan too for kicking Materazzi`s ass?

Gasquet is next №1
Sanya is offline  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
Rankings Master
 
Slasher1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Age: 30
Posts: 11,360
                     
Re: CH Banja Luka F: Hanescu def. Haider-Maurer 6-4 6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Man Frank View Post
He's a complete scumbag, how can you possibly like him?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PfGVF6CBFQ
He has a very short fuze and I'm sure that at least a quarter of the current Top 100 lineup would have done the same or much worse given the aggressiveness of the crowd (being called a gypsy and many other racist slur). That doesn't diminish in any way the wrongness of what he did, and I knew back then that it was gonna be a career blemish mistake for him.

Still, it doesn't have anything to do with his game, so if anyone likes him for his game, this will hardly change one's attitude towards him.
Slasher1985 is offline  
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 03:43 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,681
                     
Re: CH Banja Luka F: Hanescu def. Haider-Maurer 6-4 6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanya View Post
He was provoked. Are you blaming Zidan too for kicking Materazzi`s ass?
How can you compare a footballer head butting another footballer to a tennis player spitting at spectators? How are they even slightly close?

Saying he was provoked is a joke. He's a professional sportsman who should be able to rise above it.

That's before we even discuss his deliberate tanking which in itself was a disgrace.
Wing Man Frank is offline  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 03:44 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,681
                     
Re: CH Banja Luka F: Hanescu def. Haider-Maurer 6-4 6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
He has a very short fuze and I'm sure that at least a quarter of the current Top 100 lineup would have done the same or much worse given the aggressiveness of the crowd (being called a gypsy and many other racist slur). That doesn't diminish in any way the wrongness of what he did, and I knew back then that it was gonna be a career blemish mistake for him.

Still, it doesn't have anything to do with his game, so if anyone likes him for his game, this will hardly change one's attitude towards him.
Sorry, but that's an idiotic statement to make. What the hell do you base that on?
Wing Man Frank is offline  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 03:46 PM
Racquet smash enthusiast
 
emotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Virginia
Age: 20
Posts: 48,370
                     
Re: CH Banja Luka F: Hanescu def. Haider-Maurer 6-4 6-1

Yessss good to have Vic back



Matosevic, Hanescu, Lorenzi, Kukushkin, Chiudinelli, Gulbis, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Brown, Garcia-Lopez, Rosol, Zeballos, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Gonzalez, Monaco, Thiem, Seppi
emotion is offline  
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
Rankings Master
 
Slasher1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Age: 30
Posts: 11,360
                     
Re: CH Banja Luka F: Hanescu def. Haider-Maurer 6-4 6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Man Frank View Post
Sorry, but that's an idiotic statement to make. What the hell do you base that on?
I'm starting to count the rudeness of posters towards me: 3 times in less than 48 hours. Without any reason. Am I rude to anyone when I post ?

How about calling Nalbandian (for instance) a gypsy repeatedly for an entire set. How much of it do you think he will take ?
Slasher1985 is offline  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 03:49 PM
Registered User
 
Sanya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Age: 24
Posts: 2,573
                     
Re: CH Banja Luka F: Hanescu def. Haider-Maurer 6-4 6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Man Frank View Post
How can you compare a footballer head butting another footballer to a tennis player spitting at spectators? How are they even slightly close?

Saying he was provoked is a joke. He's a professional sportsman who should be able to rise above it.

That's before we even discuss his deliberate tanking which in itself was a disgrace.
Human, emotions - tell it you anything, not? I`m not saying that I like what he did here, but can understand him. Well, I`m not surprised though - it`s easy to be a monk at computer.

Gasquet is next №1
Sanya is offline  
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 03:52 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,681
                     
Re: CH Banja Luka F: Hanescu def. Haider-Maurer 6-4 6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
I'm starting to count the rudeness of posters towards me: 3 times in less than 48 hours. Without any reason. Am I rude to anyone when I post ?

How about calling Nalbandian (for instance) a gypsy repeatedly for an entire set. How much of it do you think he will take ?
Perhaps the fact people are being "rude" says a lot about the nonsense you post?

On what basis can you possibly make that absurd statement of: I'm sure that at least a quarter of the current Top 100 lineup would have done the same or much worse given the aggressiveness of the crowd?

What factual basis do you have to make that assumption?
Wing Man Frank is offline  
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 03:53 PM
Registered User
 
Sombrerero loco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Age: 26
Posts: 60,771
                     
Re: CH Banja Luka F: Hanescu def. Haider-Maurer 6-4 6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Man Frank View Post
Perhaps the fact people are being "rude" says a lot about the nonsense you post?

On what basis can you possibly make that absurd statement of: I'm sure that at least a quarter of the current Top 100 lineup would have done the same or much worse given the aggressiveness of the crowd?

What factual basis do you have to make that assumption?
this


now, into the topic: good news for hanescu, he is coming back it seems!

Henri KONTINEN

Jaume Pla Malfeito/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Tomas Pusic Whitmore

John Millman /Marcus Willis/Taro Daniel-Alex de Miñaur-Josh Milton


Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Javier Martí-Evan Hoyt-Brydan Klein-Chris Rungkat-Andres Artuñedo-Hugo Nys-Pol Toledo
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is offline  
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Rankings Master
 
Slasher1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Age: 30
Posts: 11,360
                     
Re: CH Banja Luka F: Hanescu def. Haider-Maurer 6-4 6-1

Oh yeah, I post only nonsense on this forum. What factual evidence do you have for this claim ? Do you call the 120 rep-messages and 20 thank you-PMs I received for the Live Rankings an accident ? Says a lot about kid-posters on MTF actually. You are the second kid hidden behind a computer monitor in two days. He thinks he's always right, so he persists at claiming to be right because he wants to be right. I know the internet is full of you guys, but I train myself with you so that I can properly teach my little girl one day later.

And rude-boy, you didn't answer my second question. Carefully avoiding it, with the purpose of hiding your insecurity.

Last edited by Slasher1985; 09-16-2012 at 04:03 PM.
Slasher1985 is offline  
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 04:02 PM
Registered User
 
VolandriFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Where the heart is
Posts: 7,885
                     
Re: CH Banja Luka F: Hanescu def. Haider-Maurer 6-4 6-1

Well done Victor, he's posted some solid results on the challenger circuit recently.

And as for the incident at Wimbledon, I can understand that he became frustrated after being heckled for hours and the umpire doing nothing about it. Not condoning spitting at the crowd or retiring from the match, but I don't think it's an unforgivable reflection on his (usually decent) character.

Filippo VOLANDRI, Pablo ANDUJAR, Yuki BHAMBRI, Fabio FOGNINI, Thomaz BELLUCCI,
Santiago GIRALDO, Donald YOUNG, Gael MONFILS, Juan Martin DEL POTRO, Alexandr DOLGOPOLOV


Simon|Mathieu|Falla|Bolelli|Kyrgios|Verdasco
Monaco|Garcia-Lopez|Dancevic|Granollers|Cilic|Schwank
Wolmarans|Ferrer|Robredo|Alcaide|Starace
VolandriFan is offline  
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2012, 04:03 PM
Registered User
 
Sombrerero loco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Age: 26
Posts: 60,771
                     
Re: CH Banja Luka F: Hanescu def. Haider-Maurer 6-4 6-1

what an attention whore you are no one cares about if 1 or 2 guys were rude to you. this is a tennis forum not a forum about yourself. nuff said

Henri KONTINEN

Jaume Pla Malfeito/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Tomas Pusic Whitmore

John Millman /Marcus Willis/Taro Daniel-Alex de Miñaur-Josh Milton


Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Javier Martí-Evan Hoyt-Brydan Klein-Chris Rungkat-Andres Artuñedo-Hugo Nys-Pol Toledo
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome