2013: Your ideal slam winners and runner ups - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 157 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 12:11 AM Thread Starter
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sen'jin Village
Age: 32
Posts: 18,509
                     
2013: Your ideal slam winners and runner ups

Now that the season is effectively over - who do you want to win grand slams next year? Who do you want to receieve the RU trophies. Post here!

My ideal 2013:

AO: Djokovic def Murray 4-6 2-6 6-4 7-5 11-9 - Longest match of AO at 6 hours and 32 minutes. Eventually Djoker prevails and denies Mugray another slam trophy

RG: Nadal def Federer 6-3 6-2 6-2 - The Clay King exposes ballerina once again and takes home yet another RG title.

Wimbledon: Nadal def Murray 6-4 3-6 4-6 7-6 17-15 - In an epic match, Nadal denies Pushray a grand slam title on his home soil and captures his 13th slam.

USO: Djokovic def Federer 2-6 2-6 7-6 7-5 7-6. Djoker takes his second US open title by outclutching the serve bot in 5 epic sets and banishing the demons of 2012 USO fiasco.

That's my opinion
Topspindoctor is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 157 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 12:16 AM
Registered User
 
GOATsol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 21
Posts: 2,893
                     
Re: 2013: Your ideal slam winners and runner ups

AO: Federer def Nadal 6-0 0-6 0-6 6-0 8-6
RG: Federer def Nadal 6-1 6-0 6-3
W: Federer def Nadal: 7-6 7-6 6-7 6-0
USO: Federer def Djoko 6-0 6-0 6-0 (After triple bagelling Nadal in the semis of course!!)

Ideally.

GOATsol is offline  
post #3 of 157 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 12:17 AM
Registered User
 
Freak3yman84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 12,445
                     
Re: 2013: Your ideal slam winners and runner ups

Ideally, it would go down like this...
AO: Hewitt def. Murray 6-0 6-0 7-6(25)- Old people can win slams
RG: Clay GOAT Roddick def. Nadal 0-6 0-6 ret. Roddick comes out of retirement and gets to the finals of his best slam to play Nadal, and when Nadal starts kicking ass his knees start acting up and he is forced to retire
W: Volandri def. Ramirez Hidalgo 3-6 7-6 6-4 1-6 10-8 Battle of the grass legends
USO: Young def. L. Mayer 6-0 6-0 0-6 6-0 Young to go on a 65 match losing streak, only to break it by winning 7 matches at the USO including revenge from Winston-Salem vs. Mayer

I think this is likely, no?

EDIT: I choose viruzzz's predictions!

Oh Sheesh Y'all, 'Twas A Dream

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but seven

W Houston and Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut W Orleans (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus) Tashkent S&D (w/ Mr Brightside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..

Last edited by Freak3yman84; 09-12-2012 at 12:33 AM.
Freak3yman84 is offline  
post #4 of 157 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 12:21 AM
Registered User
 
sexybeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,633
                     
Re: 2013: Your ideal slam winners and runner ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
RG: Nadal def Federer 6-3 6-2 6-2 - The Clay King exposes ballerina once again and takes home yet another RG title.
:
I am actually surprised you are so easy on an almost 32-year old Federer on clay. I got this feeling that if Federer would defeat Djokovic this years the numbers would have looked alot worse against Nadal in the final.

Federer is just too slow to defend on clay, unless clay is played like the RG 2011 Nadal should destroy him.

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
sexybeast is offline  
post #5 of 157 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 12:22 AM
Registered User
 
sexybeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,633
                     
Re: 2013: Your ideal slam winners and runner ups

I would like something like:

AO: Federer df Berdych
RG: Nadal df Djokovic
Wimbledon:Murray df Tsonga
Usopen:Federer df Djokovic

That would be a great year.

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
sexybeast is offline  
post #6 of 157 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 12:25 AM
Registered User
 
selyoink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Age: 31
Posts: 5,463
                     
Re: 2013: Your ideal slam winners and runner ups

My ideal is not even remotely realistic but whatever:

AO- Hewitt over Djokovic 7-6, 5-7, 4-6, 7-6, 23-21 followed by a Come On heard all around the world, Hewitt promptly retires during winners speech and Djokovic never plays again either
FO- Davy over Nadal 6-3, 6-3, 4-6, 6-0
W- Berdych over Fed 4-6, 6-7, 7-6, 7-6, 7-5
USO- Davy over Fed 6-4, 5-7, 2-6, 6-1, 6-3 (triple bagels Nadal in USO QFs in Nadal's last ever match)



Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death
i add value to mtf. mtf needs me far more than i need mtf. i have even been offered money (a small monthy salary) to hang out and chill at a couple of other forums.

Last edited by selyoink; 09-12-2012 at 12:31 AM.
selyoink is offline  
post #7 of 157 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 12:26 AM
Registered User
 
viruzzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 5,352
                     
Re: 2013: Your ideal slam winners and runner ups

AO: Berlocq berlocqs Djokovic 6-7 7-6 6-4 6-2. Djokovic himself said it was his best match, but the Warlocq was too strong and he had no chance when he lost the 2nd set.

RG: Berlocq berlocqs Nadal 6-1 6-4 7-6. Rafa admits this was his best roland garros ever, he just faced a better clay player.

WIM: Berlocq berlocqs Federer 6-7 6-7 7-6 6-4 6-0. A superb Federer shows in the final. 2006 Federer was just SHIT compared to 2013 Wimbledon's Federer. but Berlocq and his deadly backhand down the line wins the tournament. He saves 6 match points in the 3rd set.

USO: Berlocq berlocqs Murray 6-0 6-1 6-2. Andy shows his best display of tactical tennis, but the Warlocq just win every big point. Murray serves 90% first serve and no unforced errors in the whole match.

Ah, appeal moderation? Wanna know what appeal moderation did to me?
LOOK AT ME!
LOOK AT ME, BOY! THESE ARE THE SCARS OF APPEAL MODERATION!
Take a good long stare, you know you want to.
You're not even man enough to look at my face.

Appeal moderation isn't pretty, you have to watch your friends go to dust.
Appeal moderation is always hungry for your soul and sweet emotions.


First and once godly-worhispped appeal moderator.
(Actually 2nd)
viruzzz is offline  
post #8 of 157 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 12:27 AM
Registered User
 
GOATsol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 21
Posts: 2,893
                     
Re: 2013: Your ideal slam winners and runner ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruzzz View Post
AO: Berlocq berlocqs Djokovic 6-7 7-6 6-4 6-2. Djokovic himself said it was his best match, but the Warlocq was too strong and he had no chance when he lost the 2nd set.

RG: Berlocq berlocqs Nadal 6-1 6-4 7-6. Rafa admits this was his best roland garros ever, he just faced a better clay player.

WIM: Berlocq berlocqs Federer 6-7 6-7 7-6 6-4 6-0. A superb Federer shows in the final. 2006 Federer was just SHIT compared to 2013 Wimbledon's Federer. but Berlocq and his deadly backhand down the line wins the tournament. He saves 6 match points in the 3rd set.

USO: Berlocq berlocqs Murray 6-0 6-1 6-2. Andy shows his best display of tactical tennis, but the Warlocq just win every big point. Murray serves 90% first serve and no unforced errors in the whole match.
will be shocked if this doesn't happen, great predictions

GOATsol is offline  
post #9 of 157 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 12:29 AM
Registered User
 
sexybeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,633
                     
Re: 2013: Your ideal slam winners and runner ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruzzz View Post
AO: Berlocq berlocqs Djokovic 6-7 7-6 6-4 6-2. Djokovic himself said it was his best match, but the Warlocq was too strong and he had no chance when he lost the 2nd set.

RG: Berlocq berlocqs Nadal 6-1 6-4 7-6. Rafa admits this was his best roland garros ever, he just faced a better clay player.

WIM: Berlocq berlocqs Federer 6-7 6-7 7-6 6-4 6-0. A superb Federer shows in the final. 2006 Federer was just SHIT compared to 2013 Wimbledon's Federer. but Berlocq and his deadly backhand down the line wins the tournament. He saves 6 match points in the 3rd set.

USO: Berlocq berlocqs Murray 6-0 6-1 6-2. Andy shows his best display of tactical tennis, but the Warlocq just win every big point. Murray serves 90% first serve and no unforced errors in the whole match.
Berlocq would have no energy left to break the record of challenger wins if he was to concentrate on slams, the man cant be everywhere at the same time.

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
sexybeast is offline  
post #10 of 157 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 12:30 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 30
Posts: 21,935
                     
Re: 2013: Your ideal slam winners and runner ups

my picks arent really realtistic but here goes:

Australian open: Cilic def. nishikori
French open: davydenko def. nadal
wimbledon: nishikori def... i dont care
US open: gilles simon def. andy murray
misty1 is offline  
post #11 of 157 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 12:33 AM
country flag n8
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 31
Posts: 7,390
                     
Re: 2013: Your ideal slam winners and runner ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Now that the season is effectively over - who do you want to win grand slams next year? Who do you want to receieve the RU trophies. Post here!

My ideal 2013:

AO: Djokovic def Murray 4-6 2-6 6-4 7-5 11-9 - Longest match of AO at 6 hours and 32 minutes. Eventually Djoker prevails and denies Mugray another slam trophy

RG: Nadal def Federer 6-3 6-2 6-2 - The Clay King exposes ballerina once again and takes home yet another RG title.

Wimbledon: Nadal def Murray 6-4 3-6 4-6 7-6 17-15 - In an epic match, Nadal denies Pushray a grand slam title on his home soil and captures his 13th slam.

USO: Djokovic def Federer 2-6 2-6 7-6 7-5 7-6. Djoker takes his second US open title by outclutching the serve bot in 5 epic sets and banishing the demons of 2012 USO fiasco.

That's my opinion
So you'd prefer this than a Nadal CYGS? Your lack of tardyness disappoints me.
n8 is offline  
post #12 of 157 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 12:33 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,731
                     
Re: 2013: Your ideal slam winners and runner ups

AO: Murray def. Nadal
FO: Nadal def. Murray
Wimbledon: Murray def. Federer
US Open: Murray def. Nadal

Unlikely, but you asked for the ideal scenario.
Cereal Killer is offline  
post #13 of 157 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 12:35 AM
Registered User
 
Mark Lenders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 17,274
                     
Re: 2013: Your ideal slam winners and runner ups

AO: Berdych over Djokovic 7-5, 4-6, 3-6, 7-6 (3), 6-4

FO: Del Potro over Nadal 6-1, 7-5, 2-6, 7-6 (4)

W: Tsonga over Federer 6-7 (2), 6-4, 7-6 (4), 6-7 (6), 10-8

USO: Djokovic over Del Potro 4-6, 7-6 (7), 3-6, 7-5, 7-6 (10)

Last edited by Mark Lenders; 09-12-2012 at 12:49 AM.
Mark Lenders is offline  
post #14 of 157 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 12:36 AM
Registered User
 
selyoink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Age: 31
Posts: 5,463
                     
Re: 2013: Your ideal slam winners and runner ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
my picks arent really realtistic but here goes:

Australian open: Cilic def. nishikori
French open: davydenko def. nadal
wimbledon: nishikori def... i dont care
US open: gilles simon def. andy murray
How long does that Simon/Murray match take? Surely a record breaking match in length even if its a straight sets triple bagel on USO 2012 court speed.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death
i add value to mtf. mtf needs me far more than i need mtf. i have even been offered money (a small monthy salary) to hang out and chill at a couple of other forums.
selyoink is offline  
post #15 of 157 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 12:40 AM
Registered User
 
EliSter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: everywhere...
Age: 27
Posts: 5,954
                     
Re: 2013: Your ideal slam winners and runner ups

Djokovic 3 setting Mugray in AO final.

Nole destroying Olderer in RG final.

Nadal humiliating Federer in sw 19 final.

Mugray loosing to Young in USO 1st round, about final idc.

Quote:
To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.

BigJohn
EliSter is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome