Big 4 Record Against Each Other - Now & Future - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 83 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 02:01 AM
Registered User
 
Looner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 13,127
                     
Re: Big 4 Record Against Each Other - Now & Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
No, no, no...Federer is the supposed "GOAT", of course he *should* still be competitive at 31..especially when Nadal is injured and Djokovic is in a post-slump of his stellar last season.
Not sure if serious or just a Nadal fan.


The "Who plays tennis?" thread


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Rod Laver
Roger is like a good red wine, he’s getting better with age.
Looner is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #47 of 83 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 03:08 AM
Registered User
 
Thunder Hoad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 71
                     
Re: Big 4 Record Against Each Other - Now & Future

On the one hand the h2h irks Fedtards because of their compulsive need for everyone to acknowledge Federer as the GOAT even though Federer has gone on record as not buying into the idea of GOAT or comparing eras.

On the other hand, you have Rafatards pretending that h2h is anything but a footnote in the history books. Santoro 7-2 h2h versus Safin including majors, doesn't make Santoro the player with greater status. That's because Marat has two more majors (2-0) and was no. 1 for the briefest of times. Now we're talking about Federer who has 6 more majors than any current player so, as fuzzy as these comparisons get, do the math.

Conclusion: Noletards seem awesome by comparison.

Last edited by Thunder Hoad; 08-28-2012 at 04:21 AM.
Thunder Hoad is offline  
post #48 of 83 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 03:23 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 172
                     
Re: Big 4 Record Against Each Other - Now & Future

Actually, if you look at the H2H objectively, that actually makes Nadal the biggest chump out of all of them. If he has a better H2H than the 3 other best players in the game, therefore he must lose to a heck of a lot of chumps to stay behind Fed, Murry, and Djoker in the rankings and Fed in slams. That is called jumping ahead of yourself before you have the foundation to consistently beat chumps like Rosol and Solderling.

So basically what it means is that if you are beating everyone in the H2h but still trailing in the rankings, that means that you are beating them in some low point or meaningless games. My guess is most of his wins were from meaningless French open warm up tournaments.
Tomatoes11 is offline  
post #49 of 83 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 03:27 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sen'jin Village
Age: 31
Posts: 18,509
                     
Re: Big 4 Record Against Each Other - Now & Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomatoes11 View Post
Actually, if you look at the H2H objectively, that actually makes Nadal the biggest chump out of all of them. If he has a better H2H than the 3 other best players in the game, therefore he must lose to a heck of a lot of chumps to stay behind Fed, Murry, and Djoker in the rankings and Fed in slams. That is called jumping ahead of yourself before you have the foundation to consistently beat chumps like Rosol and Solderling.

So basically what it means is that if you are beating everyone in the H2h but still trailing in the rankings, that means that you are beating them in some low point or meaningless games. My guess is most of his wins were from meaningless French open warm up tournaments.
Topspindoctor is offline  
post #50 of 83 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 03:38 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 172
                     
Re: Big 4 Record Against Each Other - Now & Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
It's true. If you are winning all your H2H's and somehow you are not #1 or didn't hold it for very long, you are doing it wrong.
Tomatoes11 is offline  
post #51 of 83 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 03:40 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sen'jin Village
Age: 31
Posts: 18,509
                     
Re: Big 4 Record Against Each Other - Now & Future

Nadal held #1 spot for 100+ weeks and #2 spot for 160+ weeks. That's not "very long"? For the record the true chump like Mugray never even made a #2 or won a slam and yet you include him in your "arguement"?
Topspindoctor is offline  
post #52 of 83 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 04:35 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 172
                     
Re: Big 4 Record Against Each Other - Now & Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Nadal held #1 spot for 100+ weeks and #2 spot for 160+ weeks. That's not "very long"? For the record the true chump like Mugray never even made a #2 or won a slam and yet you include him in your "arguement"?
That's even worse. Murray with a bad head 2 head against everyone except fed, never made no 2, and never won a slam is still only a 1400 points behind Nadal. That says it all about how important H2H's are. So the Nadal fans must be really pathetic to champion that statistic.
Tomatoes11 is offline  
post #53 of 83 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 05:15 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,041
                     
Re: Big 4 Record Against Each Other - Now & Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomatoes11 View Post
That's even worse. Murray with a bad head 2 head against everyone except fed, never made no 2, and never won a slam is still only a 1400 points behind Nadal. That says it all about how important H2H's are. So the Nadal fans must be really pathetic to champion that statistic.
Correction, Murray has been ranked #2 however how is it worse? Points from USO 2011 have dropped off:

Nadal has played 11 tournaments this year (+3 tournaments last year he still has points for)
Murray has played in 14 and currently playing his 15th this year (+5 tournaments last year he still has points for)

That Murray has played significanly more tournaments and is still 1400 behind Nadal displays how well Rafa does in tournaments he enters.
stewietennis is offline  
post #54 of 83 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 06:45 AM
Registered User
 
acionescu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: junk store
Posts: 56,000
                     
Re: Big 4 Record Against Each Other - Now & Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomatoes11 View Post
Actually, if you look at the H2H objectively, that actually makes Nadal the biggest chump out of all of them. If he has a better H2H than the 3 other best players in the game, therefore he must lose to a heck of a lot of chumps to stay behind Fed, Murry, and Djoker in the rankings and Fed in slams. That is called jumping ahead of yourself before you have the foundation to consistently beat chumps like Rosol and Solderling.

So basically what it means is that if you are beating everyone in the H2h but still trailing in the rankings, that means that you are beating them in some low point or meaningless games. My guess is most of his wins were from meaningless French open warm up tournaments.
Your guess?

Nadal - Fed 8-2 in Slams
Rafa - Nole 6-3 in Slams
Rafa - Murray 6-2 in Slams

Warm regards

L'alma dell'alma mia,
Il cor del mio cor...
acionescu is offline  
post #55 of 83 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 07:05 AM
Registered User
 
rickcastle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 934
                     
Re: Big 4 Record Against Each Other - Now & Future

I think there has already been a thread about this a month ago. About how Nadal has positive H2H against all his rivals. Well, Nadal fans love to drum up the H2H brouhaha anyway as it's their only leverage in their GOAT agenda.

Nonetheless, it's impressive because it shows Nadal's pure dominance on clay. But he has losing H2H with Federer on grass and hard. He has losing H2H with Djokovic on hard. And with Murray it's 6-5 on hard but tied if you count walkovers. You have to look at it in context, tennis is a surface sport after all.
rickcastle is offline  
post #56 of 83 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 09:41 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 27
Posts: 114
                     
Re: Big 4 Record Against Each Other - Now & Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
No, no, no...Federer is the supposed "GOAT", of course he *should* still be competitive at 31..especially when Nadal is injured and Djokovic is in a post-slump of his stellar last season.
.Federer beat Nadal at Indian Wells just before Nadal went on his usual clay domination.Djokovic played some very solid tennis till the semis of Wimbledon before he was outplayed by Federer and at Cincy,Nole was just tired after a long 3 weeks.Djokovic is still having a fantastic season by any standard and it's far from over.Murray played some fantastic tennis throughout the Grass season,the best I have ever seen from him.Lets appreciate what Federer has achieved at the age of 31 when most of his rivals are in their prime.
mindrust is offline  
post #57 of 83 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 10:17 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 172
                     
Re: Big 4 Record Against Each Other - Now & Future

Let's put it in a way that is easier for the nadull tards to understand. If nadull has a good h2h against these players and still can't catch them in the rankings, that means that his losesses are coming from sources that are not so good. The only way these players can stay ahead of him is if they win the important points in important tournaments. Which means Nadal can't keep pace even with a great H2H. That my friends is pathetic not a sign of strength.

Would you rather lose to a top 3 player or Rosol or soderling? I thought so.
Tomatoes11 is offline  
post #58 of 83 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 12:02 AM
Registered User
 
Matt01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,772
                     
Re: Big 4 Record Against Each Other - Now & Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomatoes11 View Post
Let's put it in a way that is easier for the nadull tards to understand. If nadull has a good h2h against these players and still can't catch them in the rankings, that means that his losesses are coming from sources that are not so good.

Or maybe it's because he's injured and can't play?

Monaco - Del Potro - Nadal - Wawrinka - Robredo - Simon - Berdych - Djokovic - Chardy


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
Djokovic is the people's champion, Federer and Nadal are greedy thugs.
Matt01 is offline  
post #59 of 83 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 01:17 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,041
                     
Re: Big 4 Record Against Each Other - Now & Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomatoes11 View Post
Let's put it in a way that is easier for the nadull tards to understand. If nadull has a good h2h against these players and still can't catch them in the rankings, that means that his losesses are coming from sources that are not so good. The only way these players can stay ahead of him is if they win the important points in important tournaments. Which means Nadal can't keep pace even with a great H2H. That my friends is pathetic not a sign of strength.

Would you rather lose to a top 3 player or Rosol or soderling? I thought so.
Not a comprehensive list but since 2011 each have lost to (not counting the Top 4):

Federer – Roddick, Berdych, Tsonga, Gasquet, Melzer, Monfils
Nadal – Rosol, Verdasco, Mayer, Fish, Dodig, Tsonga, Ferrer
Djokovic – Tipsarevic x 2, Isner, Del Potro x 2, Tsonga, Ferrer
Murray – Chardy, Gasquet, Berdych x 2, Garcia-Lopez, Ferrer, Young, Bogomolov, Bellucci, Anderson

So, Nadal isn't the only one who loses to nobodies
stewietennis is offline  
post #60 of 83 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 02:18 AM
The new era of SuperNovak
 
Nole fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 14,624
                     
Re: Big 4 Record Against Each Other - Now & Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewietennis View Post
Not a comprehensive list but since 2011 each have lost to (not counting the Top 4):

Federer – Roddick, Berdych, Tsonga, Gasquet, Melzer, Monfils
Nadal – Rosol, Verdasco, Mayer, Fish, Dodig, Tsonga, Ferrer
Djokovic – Tipsarevic x 2, Isner, Del Potro x 2, Tsonga, Ferrer
Murray – Chardy, Gasquet, Berdych x 2, Garcia-Lopez, Ferrer, Young, Bogomolov, Bellucci, Anderson

So, Nadal isn't the only one who loses to nobodies


Of course not, they're still HUMAN.



Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014 * AUSSIE OPEN 2015
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome