Australian Open averts player boycott with increased prizemoney - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #121 of 289 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012, 01:44 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sen'jin Village
Age: 32
Posts: 18,509
                     
Re: Players threaten to boycott the AO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
No they are not slaves. They are people following their passion, doing what they love, trying to make their dreams come true. So they should be forced to quit unless they happen to be top 70 material, or are lucky to have another outside source of income to cover their shortfall? Ridiculous. Oh, and billions are starving? Yes they are. That's a wonderfully irrelevant argument that can be applied to anything.
Yes. Nobody will miss them. In fact, tennis would be better off without whiny self-entitled bitches like Shitkhovsky.

"I managed to bullshit my way to #31 in the world one time and won some MM titles, I should have a mansion and drive a ferrari...waaah"
Topspindoctor is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #122 of 289 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012, 01:47 AM
The new era of SuperNovak
 
Nole fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 14,624
                     
Re: Players threaten to boycott the AO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
If the forum used gmail's spam filter, your posts would automatically go to the bin.
Are you on the period? You seem bitchier than ever.



Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014 * AUSSIE OPEN 2015
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline  
post #123 of 289 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012, 02:08 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Looner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 13,270
                     
Re: Players threaten to boycott the AO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Are you on the period? You seem bitchier than ever.
Mind your language, dear or No2e might not wink at you next time you fangirl over him .


Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Yes. Nobody will miss them. In fact, tennis would be better off without whiny self-entitled bitches like Shitkhovsky.

"I managed to bullshit my way to #31 in the world one time and won some MM titles, I should have a mansion and drive a ferrari...waaah"
Yup, let's do away with everyone bar the top 10. Then we can enjoy the time of Laver yet again.


The "Who plays tennis?" thread


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Rod Laver
Roger is like a good red wine, he’s getting better with age.
Looner is offline  
post #124 of 289 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012, 02:17 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sen'jin Village
Age: 32
Posts: 18,509
                     
Re: Players threaten to boycott the AO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
Yup, let's do away with everyone bar the top 10. Then we can enjoy the time of Laver yet again.
That's not the point of the whole at all, dude. Scoobs was suggesting that these players are entitled to do what they love... Well if I was doing what I loved it would be fucking super models all day, getting drunk and playing video games. Real life doesn't work like that, though. Tennis is a sport where only top dogs have everything. Guys who are bitching about it can either improve their game and become top dogs, change their career or shut the fuck up.

The very fact that a useless journeyman like Stakhovsky complained about not being able to drive a Ferrari because he managed to reach a couple of 3rd rounds is slams is downright offensive to guys like me who actually went to university and are sitting on an average salary, doing things we do not enjoy because it's reqiured. Honestly, the guy can go screw himself. If it were up to me, I'd ban his whiny ass from AO, he's a clown of the highest order.
Topspindoctor is offline  
post #125 of 289 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012, 02:37 AM
Registered User
 
Smoke944's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12,577
                     
Re: Players threaten to boycott the AO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
That's not the point of the whole at all, dude. Scoobs was suggesting that these players are entitled to do what they love... Well if I was doing what I loved it would be fucking super models all day, getting drunk and playing video games. Real life doesn't work like that, though. Tennis is a sport where only top dogs have everything. Guys who are bitching about it can either improve their game and become top dogs, change their career or shut the fuck up. If it were up to me, I'd ban his whiny ass from AO, he's a clown of the highest order.

The very fact that a useless journeyman like Stakhovsky complained about not being able to drive a Ferrari because he managed to reach a couple of 3rd rounds is slams is downright offensive to guys like me who actually went to university and are sitting on an average salary, doing things we do not enjoy because it's reqiured. Honestly, the guy can go screw himself.
Here's the difference. You're... not even remotely good at anything. Sergiy Stakhovsky, on the other hand, has been undeniably one of the best fifty players in a sport that is global and very lucrative. And financially he doesn't have that much to show for it. Now you can call him spoiled all you want, but the bottom line is that there exists much more money that players of his quality could be getting, instead of some useless suits. And most sensible people don't blame him or other players for wanting to maximize their earnings.

As for the second part, well that's your fault for a variety of reasons that I'm sure you can understand. If you wanted a better salary you should have played video games less and studied more to go to a better school, or picked a career with better pay. And if you don't like your career you obviously didn't choose wisely.
Smoke944 is offline  
post #126 of 289 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012, 02:38 AM
Registered User
 
GOATsol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 22
Posts: 2,910
                     
Re: Players threaten to boycott the AO!

Stak is a mug, agreed tdoc.

GOATsol is offline  
post #127 of 289 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012, 02:51 AM
Registered User
 
pray-for-palestine-and-israel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: uk, north
Age: 34
Posts: 3,728
                     
Re: Players threaten to boycott the AO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
The very fact that a useless journeyman like Stakhovsky complained about not being able to drive a Ferrari because he managed to reach a couple of 3rd rounds is slams is downright offensive to guys like me who actually went to university and are sitting on an average salary, doing things we do not enjoy because it's reqiured. Honestly, the guy can go screw himself. If it were up to me, I'd ban his whiny ass from AO, he's a clown of the highest order.

you wouldnt win a game off him
WTF do you get off comparing yourself to him?

these are world class athletes- yes on MTF this means they are mugs if they dont win a slam but in REAL life- getting past round one of a slam if a fucking real achivement- it means you put years of hard work into the sport

MTF makes out winning a MM tourney as a BAD THING
he fucking won a world class tournament with world class athletes and he's treated like shit on this forum

this site is the most elitest bunch of fucktards around


if you're not the top 4 you're basically no one here

right now if my future children showed promise at tennis
NO WAY WOULD I ENCOURAGE IT- because the risks outweight the rewards
if the ATP fed the 50-300 ranked players and let them make a living out of tennis i would have been on tour myself and so would my children

God is Love. To know Love is to know God. So ask yourself if you hold any hate for another in your heart how can you have room for Love, room for God
pray-for-palestine-and-israel is offline  
post #128 of 289 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012, 02:58 AM
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,507
                     
Re: Players threaten to boycott the AO!

Still can't believe people for T-Doc's schtick. It's the same lines repeated all the time anyone outside of Nadal or Djokovic is a mug. Then again why change the bait if you can catch fish with the stuff you are using.

The strike it's just some brinkmanship they'll end up agreeing to a compromise.

On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline  
post #129 of 289 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012, 03:15 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sen'jin Village
Age: 32
Posts: 18,509
                     
Re: Players threaten to boycott the AO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pray-for-palestine-and-israel View Post
you wouldnt win a game off him
WTF do you get off comparing yourself to him?
I am not a pro tennis player, mate. And I am certainly not comparing myself to him. Doing so would be insulting to me.

Quote:
these are world class athletes- yes on MTF this means they are mugs if they dont win a slam but in REAL life- getting past round one of a slam if a fucking real achivement- it means you put years of hard work into the sport
Agreed. However, this sport decrees that players like Stakhovsky do not deserve the amount of money that this guy thinks he deserves...he can always go play golf But of course that would conflict with the whole "playing the sport for the love of it" bullshit he is spewing, despite being just another guy out to make a buck.

Quote:
MTF makes out winning a MM tourney as a BAD THING
he fucking won a world class tournament with world class athletes and he's treated like shit on this forum
Once again, it's not MTF that decides his salary. It's the sponsors, organizers and fans who vote with their wallets. I am sorry, but I would not pay my hard earned money to go see a final with a couple of journeymen. Public cares more about Federer, Nadal, Djokovic. Even WTA players like Sharapova, Williams, Clijsters will easily get a top spot over a scrub like him.

Quote:

this site is the most elitest bunch of fucktards around
Incorrect, MTF is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. It's the public and sponsors that decide... And someone like Stakhovsky has not enough draw power to even outdo an average top 10 WTA player. Thus he gets paid less. Tennis is an elitist sport. You are either everything or you are nothing

Quote:
if you're not the top 4 you're basically no one here
Correct. You may not like it, but it's the truth. The top 4 are there because they win slams, masters and destroy pretty much everyone. People want to see winners, not useless scrubs. Sorry if that offends your sensibilities

Quote:
right now if my future children showed promise at tennis
NO WAY WOULD I ENCOURAGE IT- because the risks outweight the rewards
if the ATP fed the 50-300 ranked players and let them make a living out of tennis i would have been on tour myself and so would my children
I agree.
Topspindoctor is offline  
post #130 of 289 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012, 12:24 PM
The new era of SuperNovak
 
Nole fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 14,624
                     
Re: Players threaten to boycott the AO!

Great post Tops.



Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014 * AUSSIE OPEN 2015
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline  
post #131 of 289 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Looner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 13,270
                     
Re: Players threaten to boycott the AO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Still can't believe people for T-Doc's schtick. It's the same lines repeated all the time anyone outside of Nadal or Djokovic is a mug. Then again why change the bait if you can catch fish with the stuff you are using.

The strike it's just some brinkmanship they'll end up agreeing to a compromise.
I stopped taking his bait after I read 10 of his posts. I now never take him seriously outside of the few occasions where he comments on his love for Roger .


The "Who plays tennis?" thread


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Rod Laver
Roger is like a good red wine, he’s getting better with age.
Looner is offline  
post #132 of 289 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012, 12:37 PM
Registered User
 
Juz78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 38
Posts: 864
                     
Re: Players threaten to boycott the AO!

Sadly what a lot of these mouthy MTF posters fail to realise is that there would have been hundreds of Federers/Nadals/Noles/Murrays that did not make it simply because they didn't have enough money to get there... for me that is a tragedy.

If there is a way for more money to filter down to the up and comings, then great. It would only lead to better/tougher competition. The sport and fans would benefit like nothing before.
Juz78 is offline  
post #133 of 289 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Looner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 13,270
                     
Re: Players threaten to boycott the AO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juz78 View Post
Sadly what a lot of these mouthy MTF posters fail to realise is that there would have been hundreds of Federers/Nadals/Noles/Murrays that did not make it simply because they didn't have enough money to get there... for me that is a tragedy.

If there is a way for more money to filter down to the up and comings, then great. It would only lead to better/tougher competition. The sport and fans would benefit like nothing before.
Great post, especially the bolded .


The "Who plays tennis?" thread


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Rod Laver
Roger is like a good red wine, he’s getting better with age.
Looner is offline  
post #134 of 289 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012, 12:55 PM
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,507
                     
Re: Players threaten to boycott the AO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juz78 View Post
Sadly what a lot of these mouthy MTF posters fail to realise is that there would have been hundreds of Federers/Nadals/Noles/Murrays that did not make it simply because they didn't have enough money to get there... for me that is a tragedy.

If there is a way for more money to filter down to the up and comings, then great. It would only lead to better/tougher competition. The sport and fans would benefit like nothing before.
Too much commonsense there for most of these gloryhunters who think that the top guys were automatically there without having to go through the Futures and Challs. Yes, while tennis is not as exclusive as it used to be, it's still fairly expensive when it comes to start up costs and to make that breakthrough to the next level isn't easy nor should it be. The problem as you said there are many talents who haven't been able to make it due to financial constraints. The thing is the top of the pile have too much of the pie, it's not about subsidising mediocrity which you understand.

All the various stages need to be healthy. ITF has plenty of cash they could increase Futures to 20 or 25K, yet still have plenty left over and the Challengers haven't increased cash since the 1980s.

On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline  
post #135 of 289 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012, 03:49 PM
Registered User
 
MrChopin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Age: 32
Posts: 2,356
                     
Re: Players threaten to boycott the AO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
It is rumoured that Roger Federer, Player Council president, wasn't partial to declaring an all-out war on the four Grand Slams. Rafael Nadal instead is one of the biggest supporters of the fight, but he resigned from the Players Council earlier this year suggesting that Federer wasn't taking a clear stance on the issue. Is it because he is too polite? Is it because he is following the Swiss tradition of neutrality? Is it because he earns a lot anyway? There has been a lot of speculation as to why, but not much evidence.
$200 that the article's author is T. Nadal or an MTF Noletroll.

What a joke of an article. It spends 3 paragraphs speculating on why Federer, who loves playing tennis arguably as much as anyone, is opposed to an aggressive move like boycotting the AO. In this character assassination, it goes as far as to speculate that his reluctance stems from his nationality--not only logically weak (historical Swiss diplomacy = Fed's approach to any conflict), but extremely anti-nationalist towards Switzerland.

Fuck this rubbish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruzzz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
Nadal will be fine by australian open......
You're like a living unforced error.
MrChopin is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome