Australian Open averts player boycott with increased prizemoney - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #106 of 289 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 07:35 PM
Registered User
 
Smoke944's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12,577
                     
Re: Players threaten to boycott the AO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaK_4ever View Post
Brilliant, just brilliant. Is it Francois Hollande posting? Lets take money from the rich and give them to the the poor. Cos it's not like Fed and Nole actually earned their millions through hard work by winning matches.
Haha, it's like you know nothing of the situation. It has nothing to do with taking money away from the top guns and everything to do with the fact that the suits in charge are getting a far higher cut than they should. Fact of the matter is when players getting DA to the slams can barely break even something needs to be changed and that means altering how the money is distributed.
Smoke944 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #107 of 289 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 07:38 PM
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
 
scoobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 38
Posts: 53,509
                     
Re: Players threaten to boycott the AO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke944 View Post
Haha, it's like you know nothing of the situation. It has nothing to do with taking money away from the top guns and everything to do with the fact that the suits in charge are getting a far higher cut than they should. Fact of the matter is when players getting DA to the slams can barely break even something needs to be changed and that means altering how the money is distributed.
Well put.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaK_4ever View Post
Brilliant, just brilliant. Is it Francois Hollande posting? Lets take money from the rich and give them to the the poor. Cos it's not like Fed and Nole actually earned their millions through hard work by winning matches.
If the entirety of your argument is "oh noes Socialism!!!" with the implication that the whole concept is offensive, then I don't think there's much more that's worth me saying to you on the subject.
scoobs is offline  
post #108 of 289 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 07:42 PM
Registered User
 
TBkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Age: 20
Posts: 4,325
                     
Re: Players threaten to boycott the AO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaK_4ever View Post
Brilliant, just brilliant. Is it Francois Hollande posting? Lets take money from the rich and give them to the the poor. Cos it's not like Fed and Nole actually earned their millions through hard work by winning matches.
You ANNAK are officially the "smartest" person in MTF (and that means much ! ) today congratulations ! Spend your money earned through hard work ( ) and l**k your lazy ................

MR. FOREVER "UNDERRENTED"

SLAMS: 4 SEMIS, 6 QUARTERS
WTF: 1 TITLE, 1 FINAL, 1 SEMI
MASTERS: 3 TITLES, 5 SEMIS, 10 QUARTERS
TITLES: 21
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 482-329
TBkeeper is offline  
post #109 of 289 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 07:45 PM
Registered User
 
GOATsol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 21
Posts: 2,848
                     
Re: Players threaten to boycott the AO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
The only good thing in Dubai Super Tournament would be that it'd be ATP-only, i.e. no screaming. Otherwise it'd be a terrible idea and no screaming would be the only good thing in ATP-only slam.
But what about granollers?

GOATsol is offline  
post #110 of 289 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 07:54 PM
Registered User
 
AnnaK_4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,350
                     
Re: Players threaten to boycott the AO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke944 View Post
Haha, it's like you know nothing of the situation. It has nothing to do with taking money away from the top guns and everything to do with the fact that the suits in charge are getting a far higher cut than they should.
According to whom? And it's still taking money from one group of people (presumably "rich") to give them to the others (presumably "poor").

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
If the entirety of your argument is "oh noes Socialism!!!" with the implication that the whole concept is offensive, then I don't think there's much more that's worth me saying to you on the subject.
The concept of socialism? Yes, it's offensive cos it's based on lies and and only lies.
AnnaK_4ever is offline  
post #111 of 289 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 07:55 PM
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
 
scoobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Age: 38
Posts: 53,509
                     
Re: Players threaten to boycott the AO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaK_4ever View Post
According to whom? And it's still taking money from one group of people (presumably "rich") to give them to the others (presumably "poor").



The concept of socialism? Yes, it's offensive cos it's based on lies and and only lies.
Riiight. Thought so. We're done.
scoobs is offline  
post #112 of 289 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 08:15 PM
Registered User
 
Alex999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kanata
Posts: 11,566
                     
Re: Players threaten to boycott the AO!

AnnaK, it seems to me that you are just looking for some attention, trolling along the way. but hey, you are good at it.

OK, define 'lies' and all of this BS socialism stuff. Canada, Norway, Sweden are pretty much socialist countries doing well. we are talking about lower ranked players here who can barely make it. Think about it, there are billions of people living on this planet, but 200 of them are top tennis athletes who work their arses off and they can hardly survive, ... we are talking here about 'middle class' in tennis ... if you don't have a middle class in any society, then forget about it.

what are your credentials btw? I'd love to know.

Last edited by Alex999; 08-24-2012 at 08:21 PM.
Alex999 is offline  
post #113 of 289 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 08:42 PM
Registered User
 
AnnaK_4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,350
                     
Re: Players threaten to boycott the AO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
AnnaK, it seems to me that you are just looking for some attention, trolling along the way. but hey, you are good at it.

OK, define 'lies' and all of this BS socialism stuff. Canada, Norway, Sweden are pretty much socialist countries doing well. we are talking about lower ranked players here who can barely make it. Think about it, there are billions of people living on this planet, but 200 of them are top tennis athletes who work their arses off and they can hardly survive, ... we are talking here about 'middle class' in tennis ... if you don't have a middle class in any society, then forget about it.

what are your credentials btw? I'd love to know.
Canada, Norway and Sweden are not socialist countries... yet. Believe me, I was born in socialist country, the one where money were distributed "justly". I saw my grandmother suffering a heart attack while queuing for five hours to buy some butter so excuse my scepticism.
AnnaK_4ever is offline  
post #114 of 289 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 09:18 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,398
                     
Re: WoW! Players threaten to boycott the AO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
It does seem super unlikely but then Nadal had a fight with Federer in the press at the beginning of the year. How likely was that?
Well the whole point of a boycott is that demands are met (and not that the boycott itself is realized).

It's a game of one-upmanship - a face off.
Raiden is offline  
post #115 of 289 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012, 12:16 AM
Registered User
 
pray-for-palestine-and-israel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: uk, north
Age: 34
Posts: 3,728
                     
Re: Players threaten to boycott the AO!

i mean is it really crazy to expect that the people who are the reason there are bums on seats get the lion share of the money + tv rights

tennis needs a new pro slam era

20% is a disgrace

some asshole who does nothing is getting rich off tennis whilst players kill themselves on court for basically "fuck you" money

in our world its alot

but compare it to mayweather in boxing

he pays a promotion company 5% for all the organisation and he gets the lionshare of the cash

the 4 slams should get an organisation fee and THATS ALL

everything else should go to players

OF COURSE THE TOP GUYS SHOULD GET THE MOST

fans go to see them- but more money to the smaller fish is also good because it lets the 100+ players make a living in the game

the real losers here are the players- it might not seem it because "they get ferrarris"

but they should be getting alot more when you look at money distribution

slam boycotts are needed

God is Love. To know Love is to know God. So ask yourself if you hold any hate for another in your heart how can you have room for Love, room for God
pray-for-palestine-and-israel is offline  
post #116 of 289 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012, 12:18 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Looner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 13,207
                     
Re: WoW! Players threaten to boycott the AO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerriy View Post
Well the whole point of a boycott is that demands are met (and not that the boycott itself is realized).

It's a game of one-upmanship - a face off.
Exactly. Which is why I suggested that this may be just a means to twist the slams' arms. To be honest, I think even Wimbledon would be vulnerable to the top players missing. I won't watch much tennis if the top guys are not playing.


The "Who plays tennis?" thread


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Rod Laver
Roger is like a good red wine, he’s getting better with age.
Looner is online now  
post #117 of 289 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012, 12:22 AM
The new era of SuperNovak
 
Nole fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 14,624
                     
Re: Players threaten to boycott the AO!

What amount of bullshit.



Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014 * AUSSIE OPEN 2015
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline  
post #118 of 289 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012, 12:22 AM
Registered User
 
pray-for-palestine-and-israel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: uk, north
Age: 34
Posts: 3,728
                     
Re: Players threaten to boycott the AO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaK_4ever View Post


The concept of socialism? Yes, it's offensive cos it's based on lies and and only lies.
+1 communism was run by the olygarchs
it was the biggest scam ever
thank God for putin who ran those slimy bastards out of russia

tennis doesnt need socialism- its a flawed idea because the people with the money will never give it up
and the people who dont have it will never rise up so will become slaves like they were under stalin

right now the slams are run olygarchs
most tv rights money
and attendence money goes to those greedy pigs
very little goes to tennis players
they feed the top 50 with crumbs
the real money for top guys comes from the slave labor camp owners "nike adidas" who work asians 20 hours a day for 50p so that someone in the west can pay $100 for a pair of sneakers

fact is those slave labor camps are what pay the top 4

God is Love. To know Love is to know God. So ask yourself if you hold any hate for another in your heart how can you have room for Love, room for God
pray-for-palestine-and-israel is offline  
post #119 of 289 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012, 12:27 AM
The new era of SuperNovak
 
Nole fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 14,624
                     
Re: WoW! Players threaten to boycott the AO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzahLovah View Post
As long as Fed is in charge, nothing will be done to help the less players.



Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014 * AUSSIE OPEN 2015
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline  
post #120 of 289 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012, 12:37 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Looner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 13,207
                     
Re: Players threaten to boycott the AO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
What amount of bullshit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
If the forum used gmail's spam filter, your posts would automatically go to the bin.


The "Who plays tennis?" thread


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Rod Laver
Roger is like a good red wine, he’s getting better with age.
Looner is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome