Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates (Their rivalry) - Page 40 - MensTennisForums.com
View Poll Results: Who will win the 2012 year-end H2H?
Djokovic will take the lead 31 50.82%
Federer will claim his trophy 25 40.98%
They will end in a draw, for the first time 1 1.64%
I don't know. But this should be an official ATP award, it's amazing. 4 6.56%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #586 of 1201 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 02:29 PM
Registered User
 
GSMnadal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Netherlands
Age: 23
Posts: 16,533
                     
Re: Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates (Their rivalry)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
Take point people. The great GSMTardal thinks anything outside of Slams does not count.
You people are awesome at taking quotes out of it's context. I expected nothing less from you.

Let's go back to rickcastle's post:

'I agree that it is a bit unfair that Federer did not have a lot of chances to "even the score" so to speak when he was at his prime because Nadal wasn't showing up on USO finals until recently but it is what it is'

I reacted to that specific statement, you guys just jump on it like the rabid tards you are without reading the entire story.

RAFAEL NADAL

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #587 of 1201 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 02:30 PM
Registered User
 
GSMnadal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Netherlands
Age: 23
Posts: 16,533
                     
Re: Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates (Their rivalry)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
He was just talking about the USO, though.
tripwires

RAFAEL NADAL

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline  
post #588 of 1201 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 02:32 PM
Registered User
 
tripwires's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
Posts: 13,526
                     
Re: Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates (Their rivalry)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
tripwires
I accept goodreps, thanks.

Roger Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Fed's groundstrokes never were that good to begin with.
tripwires is offline  
post #589 of 1201 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 02:36 PM
Registered User
 
Looner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 13,127
                     
Re: Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates (Their rivalry)

And the whole discussion was in line with which rivalry is more interesting. So, it [the discussion] did include matches outside of the USO. GSMNadal is out of his depth yet again.


The "Who plays tennis?" thread


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Rod Laver
Roger is like a good red wine, he’s getting better with age.
Looner is offline  
post #590 of 1201 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 02:46 PM
Registered User
 
GSMnadal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Netherlands
Age: 23
Posts: 16,533
                     
Re: Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates (Their rivalry)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
And the whole discussion was in line with which rivalry is more interesting. So, it [the discussion] did include matches outside of the USO. GSMNadal is out of his depth yet again.
Nice way to draw a bad conclusion. Rickcastle only mentioned the USO, so I just highlighted that part. You're not obliged to address everything all the time, do you?

It is however helpful to read someone's comment before making a statement, Looner. But since you almost always have an instant, one lined, incorrect insult ready after I post, I assume you don't always do that.

RAFAEL NADAL

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline  
post #591 of 1201 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 03:03 PM
Registered User
 
Ariadne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 29
Posts: 562
                     
Re: Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates (Their rivalry)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcastle View Post
That's neither here nor there though, the fact is Federer-Nadal rivalry for me has become unexciting as a Federer fan to watch because of the way Federer has folded mentally against Nadal. I agree that it is a bit unfair that Federer did not have a lot of chances to "even the score" so to speak when he was at his prime because Nadal wasn't showing up on USO finals until recently but it is what it is. For the reason alone that both Federer and Djokovic have the self belief that they can beat the other player on their best day at any surface makes this rivalry more exciting IMO. It's not just Federer though, watching Nadal vs. anybody on clay is pretty much NID and makes for a pretty boring rivalry.
While I agree to a degree I would content that Nadal-Djokovic rivalry is the most enthralling in tennis today. Their grinding battle of attrition is actually pretty exciting. Considering Federer is now beyond his prime I really don't get excited by any of his so called next gen rivals. Despite the successful aberration of an year he has been having, he won't be able to sustain it next year -- I feel it is his last hurrah. It's almost a given that he will end of with a negative H-H against Nadal, Djokovic, Murray et al. if he persists in playing for next few years further into his decline.
Ariadne is offline  
post #592 of 1201 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 03:34 PM
Registered User
 
tripwires's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
Posts: 13,526
                     
Re: Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates (Their rivalry)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
While I agree to a degree I would content that Nadal-Djokovic rivalry is the most enthralling in tennis today. Their grinding battle of attrition is actually pretty exciting. Considering Federer is now beyond his prime I really don't get excited by any of his so called next gen rivals. Despite the successful aberration of an year he has been having, he won't be able to sustain it next year -- I feel it is his last hurrah. It's almost a given that he will end of with a negative H-H against Nadal, Djokovic, Murray et al. if he persists in playing for next few years further into his decline.
Nadal/Djokovic was exciting the first couple of times last year, if only because it was great to finally see someone who could beat Nadal at his own game. But AO 2012, far from being an epic that it's touted to be, was a boring, one-dimensional slugfest that quite aptly represents the rivalry. A tennis match does not have to be 6 hours long to be epic; it does not have to be 6 hours long to be a good match. I personally found it really boring and I really wasn't a fan of the tennis on display.

Federer/Djokovic, on the other hand, benefits from the unpredictability mentioned by rickcastle and also the wider variety of shots that both players are able to bring to the court, though these days that tends to be Roger more than Nole. Their matches at the French and US Open last year were some of the best of the year. Conversely, some of the Nadal/Djokovic finals like Wimbledon and the US Open, I didn't find to be of particularly high quality.

As for Federer/Nadal...the less said about it, the better.

Roger Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Fed's groundstrokes never were that good to begin with.
tripwires is offline  
post #593 of 1201 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 03:34 PM
Registered User
 
Sophocles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Age: 41
Posts: 8,986
                     
Re: Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates - Year End Number 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by luie View Post
Every era is full of chokers and players that are good enough but since the beginning of time the dominating athletes have had 2 aspects in common great Serve n forehand or great forehand.
The bh based players were always seen as chokers or inconsistent.
Gonzalez-laver- Borg-Lendl-Sampras -fed- nadull all fh based players . Some have great serves. U have to take the initiative , your options under pressure is wider as well.
Second fiddle players of the era. Rosewall/Connors/wilander/Agassi/ Hewitt/ nalby/Murray etc. their bh more reliable than fh generally.
Conditions have a lot to do with it as well. Hewitt would get destroyed but del-po on HC but Hewitt was able to beat him at Wimby why did he suddenly get good no. The surface and speed of the court played an important role.
Laver? I agree with your general point, but Laver is a pretty major exception.

"There is no such thing as 'the world'." - Enoch Powell.
Sophocles is offline  
post #594 of 1201 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 03:35 PM
Registered User
 
Sophocles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Age: 41
Posts: 8,986
                     
Re: Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates (Their rivalry)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
Time to stop this madness about 'Nadal dodging Federer at the USO'. Federer did just as much, if not more of the dodging. But that's what you get when one guy is older and primes don't overlap. Get over it.
Have you run out of tablets? How are 6 finals the same as 2?

"There is no such thing as 'the world'." - Enoch Powell.
Sophocles is offline  
post #595 of 1201 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 03:56 PM
Federer Fan & Dull Hater
 
duarte_a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 11,007
                     
Re: Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates (Their rivalry)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
Time to stop this madness about 'Nadal dodging Federer at the USO'. Federer did just as much, if not more of the dodging. But that's what you get when one guy is older and primes don't overlap. Get over it.
Even if you were only talking about the US Open how can you say "Federer did just as much, if not more of the dodging.". Roger was in 6 finals in a row. Nadal 2. Roger lost 2 times in the semis as did nadal in 2008 and 2009.

I'm not seeing how Roger "dodged" more than nadal.

Also Roger made the finals of MC, ROme and RG in 2006, MC and RG in 2007, MC and RG in 2008, Madrid in 2009, Madrid in 2010, RG in 2011. He could very well have "dodged" some of these matches.

duarte_a is offline  
post #596 of 1201 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 04:05 PM
Registered User
 
Ariadne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 29
Posts: 562
                     
Re: Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates (Their rivalry)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duarte_a View Post
Also Roger made the finals of MC, ROme and RG in 2006, MC and RG in 2007, MC and RG in 2008, Madrid in 2009, Madrid in 2010, RG in 2011. He could very well have "dodged" some of these matches.
He probably should've since had Federer been less formidable/consistent on clay, it would have made the H-H argument moot along with the psychological baggage Federer had to endure on account of all those defeats. Apparently for some Nadal tards (or anti-Fed tards for that matter), the lack of a skewed H-H would have also given Federer's status as GOAT more legitimacy.
Ariadne is offline  
post #597 of 1201 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 04:11 PM
Registered User
 
IOFH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 25
Posts: 3,610
                     
Re: Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates (Their rivalry)

The Fedal H2H has an asterisk to it.

Educating MTF clowns one post at a time.
So many fanboys to troll, so little time.

Favourite tennis matches: 2011 US Open Final & 2012 Australian Open Final, starring Novak Djokovic & Rafael Nadal, showing us just how far science can take humanity.

The US Open Final was especially enjoyable, with 'Why are there white spots all over my body?' Djokovic and 'Why am I sweating boils?' Nadal embarked on a titanic battle, concluding with the inferior player, Nadal, entering a sort of delirious state of psychosis. This allowed him to, while showing very little fatigue, consume inhuman amounts of energy, before he literally ran his legs from underneath him. This is truly the stuff dreams are made of.
IOFH is offline  
post #598 of 1201 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 04:14 PM
Registered User
 
Matt01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,763
                     
Re: Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates (Their rivalry)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOFH View Post
The Fedal H2H has an asterisk to it.

No asterisk.

Monaco - Del Potro - Nadal - Wawrinka - Robredo - Simon - Berdych - Djokovic - Chardy


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
Djokovic is the people's champion, Federer and Nadal are greedy thugs.
Matt01 is offline  
post #599 of 1201 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 04:15 PM
Federer Fan & Dull Hater
 
duarte_a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 11,007
                     
Re: Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates (Their rivalry)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
He probably should've since had Federer been less formidable/consistent on clay, it would have made the H-H argument moot along with the psychological baggage Federer had to endure on account of all those defeats. Apparently for some Nadal tards (or anti-Fed tards for that matter), the lack of a skewed H-H would have also given Federer's status as GOAT more legitimacy.
Exactely. Their retarded logic says that had Roger reached less finals on clay and hence not been the 2nd best player on clay from his generation it would have made hm the GOAT because the H2H would be much closer.

duarte_a is offline  
post #600 of 1201 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012, 04:16 PM
Registered User
 
Looner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 13,127
                     
Re: Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates (Their rivalry)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
No asterisk.
Yup, it's more of a star the size of the Sun.


The "Who plays tennis?" thread


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Rod Laver
Roger is like a good red wine, he’s getting better with age.
Looner is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome