Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates (Their rivalry) - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com
View Poll Results: Who will win the 2012 year-end H2H?
Djokovic will take the lead 31 50.82%
Federer will claim his trophy 25 40.98%
They will end in a draw, for the first time 1 1.64%
I don't know. But this should be an official ATP award, it's amazing. 4 6.56%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 1201 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 06:44 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 735
                     
Re: Federer 2012 > Djokovic 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestly View Post
Dunno where you got those stats but I love it. The titles, matches won, and sets won are telling. Incredible that at 30 years of age Fed is well ahead in the stats. Can Djokovic make up for it, or do we accept that Fed is just in another league altogether?
Cheers, basically I have been putting together a spreadsheet and recording stats like these for players on the ATP tour in the 2012 season. Started off as top 10 but now got it up to about the top 50!
Chip & Charge is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 1201 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 06:44 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,672
                     
Re: Federer 2012 > Djokovic 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieNero View Post
As far as I know the season is not over yey. Djokovic usually performs on the highest level during the HC swing in North America.
If Djokovic wins US Open, he will eclipse Federer not matter what happens later.
This is of course true. It's all about the majors. But judging by what happened in this season so far, do you think Djokovic is the favorite for the USO?
Honestly is offline  
post #33 of 1201 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 06:48 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 735
                     
Re: Federer 2012 > Djokovic 2012?

Also here are their serving stats, Federer's are superior as you would expect:

Fed:
Aces per match - 8.47
Double Faults per match - 1.57
Differential per match - 6.9

Djok:
Aces per match - 5.42
Double Faults per match - 1.79
Differential per match - 3.63

So in 2012 Federer gets nearly twice as many free points on serve per match
Chip & Charge is offline  
post #34 of 1201 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 06:53 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 25
Posts: 315
                     
Re: Federer 2012 > Djokovic 2012?

Djokovic is playing nowhere near his 2011 level. At current level even a 30 year old federer (arguably playing some of his best tennis) can eclipse him. I think this speaks as much about federer's greatness as it does about djokovic's level.
At the moment, fed>>djokovic, but this could change by the year end. nole's favorite part of the season is coming up.
Andy1402 is offline  
post #35 of 1201 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 06:54 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,672
                     
Re: Federer 2012 > Djokovic 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip & Charge View Post
Cheers, basically I have been putting together a spreadsheet and recording stats like these for players on the ATP tour in the 2012 season. Started off as top 10 but now got it up to about the top 50!
That's pretty awesome. I like it when people are passionate about tennis. It's hard to find this stuff and I'm sure the people around here would appreciate it.
Honestly is offline  
post #36 of 1201 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 06:57 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,672
                     
Re: Federer 2012 > Djokovic 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy1402 View Post
Djokovic is playing nowhere near his 2011 level. At current level even a 30 year old federer (arguably playing some of his best tennis) can eclipse him. I think this speaks as much about federer's greatness as it does about djokovic's level.
At the moment, fed>>djokovic, but this could change by the year end. nole's favorite part of the season is coming up.
A lot to be said about this comment. First of all Roger isn't near his best. He is dragging out matches that he would have killed off in no time in his prime. Like for instance vs Falla today.

Then you might as well say Roger's favorite part of the season is coming up. He rules Cincy, the USO(5>1) and the indoor season. I'm kinda missing your point right now.
Honestly is offline  
post #37 of 1201 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 07:35 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 25
Posts: 315
                     
Re: Federer 2012 > Djokovic 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestly View Post
A lot to be said about this comment. First of all Roger isn't near his best. He is dragging out matches that he would have killed off in no time in his prime. Like for instance vs Falla today.

Then you might as well say Roger's favorite part of the season is coming up. He rules Cincy, the USO(5>1) and the indoor season. I'm kinda missing your point right now.
No great point. I agree with you but feel that it's a little premature to declare one player greater than another.
Federer is definitely not playing at 2006 level, but given his age and decline in movement, he is definitely doing great. Federer, overall, is in another class altogether compared to djokovic.
but nole may yet stage a comeback.
Andy1402 is offline  
post #38 of 1201 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 07:40 AM
Registered User
 
henke007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,427
                     
Re: Federer 2012 > Djokovic 2012?

They are very even stats in OP/Race, let the rest of the year pan out..

henke007 is offline  
post #39 of 1201 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 08:01 AM
ALT-0
 
Litotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norway
Age: 43
Posts: 51,854
                     
Re: Federer 2012 > Djokovic 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip & Charge View Post
So in 2012 Federer gets nearly twice as many free points on serve per match
Aces are only half the story of free points, do you have a stat for unreturned serves also?
Litotes is offline  
post #40 of 1201 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 08:11 AM
country flag Sri
Registered User
 
Sri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 2,496
                     
Re: Federer 2012 > Djokovic 2012?

Olympics, USO and WTF to decide this fellas.

As of now stats mentioned above favor Fed while slam results favor Djoke.

Nadal's arms strong!
Proof: http://i.imgur.com/Qcw2v1Z.jpg
Sri is offline  
post #41 of 1201 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 08:49 AM
Registered User
 
Jverweij's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Age: 33
Posts: 5,157
                     
Re: Federer 2012 > Djokovic 2012?

the only serious difference between these 2 is number of titles won. Let's not forget that Djokovic has been to a couple of finals, including RG.

I think Roger is a bit more stable this year, but the odds are pretty much 50/50 between them. Let's just sit back and enjoy the show
Jverweij is offline  
post #42 of 1201 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 09:00 AM
Registered User
 
yesyesok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 219
                     
Re: Federer 2012 > Djokovic 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieNero View Post
As far as I know the season is not over yey. Djokovic usually performs on the highest level during the HC swing in North America.
If Djokovic wins US Open, he will eclipse Federer not matter what happens later.
Bit of a myth this one.

He is very strong during the US HC swing, but other than 2007 I can't think of a season where it's been the strongest part of his year.
yesyesok is offline  
post #43 of 1201 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 09:10 AM
Registered User
 
dencod16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,765
                     
Re: Federer 2012 > Djokovic 2012?

I think they are pretty even, the only difference between them is that Federer has faced his slaves that has no hope or confidence that they can beat Federer. Uhmm Youzhny Uhmm del Potro Uhmm Berdych Uhmm Ferrer Uhmm Malisse.
dencod16 is offline  
post #44 of 1201 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 09:15 AM
Registered User
 
BroTree123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 17,731
                     
Re: Federer 2012 > Djokovic 2012?

Stats wise in 2012 so far, I'd say that the top 3 overall are fairly even. Nadal isn't far behind despite the upset at Wimby.

Quote:
Hian about himself
Quote:
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline  
post #45 of 1201 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 09:18 AM
Registered User
 
henke007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,427
                     
Re: Federer 2012 > Djokovic 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencod16 View Post
I think they are pretty even, the only difference between them is that Federer has faced his slaves that has no hope or confidence that they can beat Federer. Uhmm Youzhny Uhmm del Potro Uhmm Berdych Uhmm Ferrer Uhmm Malisse.

henke007 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome