who is the crowd favorite player - MensTennisForums.com
View Poll Results: who is the crowds favorite player overall
Roger Federer 117 90.00%
Novak Djokovic 1 0.77%
Rafael Nadal 5 3.85%
Andy Murray 7 5.38%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 105 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 01:10 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 27
Posts: 315
                     
who is the crowd favorite player

Who do you think recieves maximum support from the crowd? For the sake of discussion, lets leave out home countries.
I think that federer edges out everyone on most courts in the world, including nadal at RG (that may be the underdog factor).
I think it's safe to assume that one of the top 4 will get the vote.
So lets vote and see how close it is.
P.s. not asking your favorite player but the crowd favorite in general.
Andy1402 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 105 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 01:14 AM
Registered User
 
Say Hey Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 565
                     
Re: who is the crowd favorite player

Solid question posed here in this thread

My vote goes to Fed.
Say Hey Kid is offline  
post #3 of 105 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 01:18 AM
Registered User
 
Lazyking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 31
Posts: 1,558
                     
Re: who is the crowd favorite player

I don't really know how it could be anybody but Federer. I don't think any of the four have some dynamic personality that would captivate the crowd to get them on their side so it comes down to play.
Lazyking is offline  
 
post #4 of 105 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 01:19 AM
Registered User
 
DemiCrayanhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 205
                     
Re: who is the crowd favorite player

rhetorical, right?

Roger Federer ~ Rafael Nadal

The Yin-Yang of Tennis

"Seemingly contrary forces which are not only interconnected and interdependent in the natural world, but only give rise to each other in turn."
DemiCrayanhan is offline  
post #5 of 105 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 01:20 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 943
                     
Re: who is the crowd favorite player

Tsonga :P
Travod is offline  
post #6 of 105 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 01:21 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 27
Posts: 42
                     
Re: who is the crowd favorite player

Obviously Federer
jerrard is offline  
post #7 of 105 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 01:25 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 27
Posts: 315
                     
Re: who is the crowd favorite player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
I don't really know how it could be anybody but Federer. I don't think any of the four have some dynamic personality that would captivate the crowd to get them on their side so it comes down to play.
Yes. Personalitywise this has to be the worst era (barring djokovic's stale imitations). It has to come down to level of play, but also to how much the crowd wants a player to win.
Federer has established himself as GOAT and no one wants his career to end. This may be a major factor.
Andy1402 is offline  
post #8 of 105 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 01:33 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 56
                     
Re: who is the crowd favorite player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy1402 View Post
Who do you think recieves maximum support from the crowd? For the sake of discussion, lets leave out home countries.
I think that federer edges out everyone on most courts in the world, including nadal at RG (that may be the underdog factor).
I think it's safe to assume that one of the top 4 will get the vote.
So lets vote and see how close it is.
P.s. not asking your favorite player but the crowd favorite in general.
Nadal is not popular at RG.
Choreos is offline  
post #9 of 105 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 01:40 AM
LIFETIME MUG
 
nastoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 36,500
                     
Re: who is the crowd favorite player

pointless poll but I posted the ploody plobvious.
nastoff is offline  
post #10 of 105 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 01:54 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 27
Posts: 315
                     
Re: who is the crowd favorite player

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastoff View Post
pointless poll but I posted the ploody plobvious.
Thank you for the kindness.
seriously though, the complete lack of votes for djoko and rafa surprises me. I did expect fed to win but is he always favorite? Or are there tournaments where they are favorites.
Murray is popular only in England.
Andy1402 is offline  
post #11 of 105 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 01:59 AM
Registered User
 
viruzzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 5,385
                     
Re: who is the crowd favorite player

Fed, but if he plays to a local guy (specially if he's a young guy), the other one would recieve more support.

But, overall, I think Federer.

Ah, appeal moderation? Wanna know what appeal moderation did to me?
LOOK AT ME!
LOOK AT ME, BOY! THESE ARE THE SCARS OF APPEAL MODERATION!
Take a good long stare, you know you want to.
You're not even man enough to look at my face.

Appeal moderation isn't pretty, you have to watch your friends go to dust.
Appeal moderation is always hungry for your soul and sweet emotions.


First and once godly-worhispped appeal moderator.
(Actually 2nd)
viruzzz is offline  
post #12 of 105 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 02:23 AM
country flag Sri
Registered User
 
Sri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 2,576
                     
Re: who is the crowd favorite player

Federer by far:
* Beautiful tennis
* Excellent on-court demeanour
* No time wasting, no cheating, no fake medical timeouts, no desperate tactics
* Pretty hair
* Beautiful twins
* Intelligent interviews, funny, relates to the crowds
* Mega marketing machine
* Decade of brand building
* Legend status

Dominic Thiem Fans => https://www.facebook.com/thiemfans/
Sri is offline  
post #13 of 105 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 02:30 AM
Registered User
 
AntiTennis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Age: 24
Posts: 987
                     
Re: who is the crowd favorite player

MTF agree in something..

Roger Federer

Form is temporary, class is permanent

"The more you lose, the more they believe they can beat me. But believing is not enough, you still have to beat me" RF.

"He is capable of hitting shots which others don't even think about trying" Lendl on RF.

08/07/12 Eternal and immortal RF made H1S7ORY!
AntiTennis is offline  
post #14 of 105 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 02:34 AM
Registered User
 
Juz78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 38
Posts: 864
                     
Re: who is the crowd favorite player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri View Post
Federer by far:
* Beautiful tennis
* Excellent on-court demeanour
* No time wasting, no cheating, no fake medical timeouts, no desperate tactics
* Pretty hair
* Beautiful twins
* Intelligent interviews, funny, relates to the crowds
* Mega marketing machine
* Decade of brand building
* Legend status
It is hard to compete with Fed overall...

Murray - often appears grumpy/angry on court and seems very awkward in interviews, sometimes looks/sounds like tennis is too much effort

Nadal - dubious routines, time wasting, gamesmanship and awkward interviews, grunts

Djokovic - Slow start to his career in terms of always being seen as a tier below (until recently), used to have a lot of medical time outs, withdraws. Has been hostile to crowds in the past. Grunts. Rips shirts etc...

The only negative some people might see in Federer is what they perceive as "arrogance" which I don't believe myself. I think he's just honest and mostly says it how it is. I'd rather that than false modesty
Juz78 is offline  
post #15 of 105 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 02:40 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 27
Posts: 315
                     
Re: who is the crowd favorite player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juz78 View Post
It is hard to compete with Fed overall...

Murray - often appears grumpy/angry on court and seems very awkward in interviews, sometimes looks/sounds like tennis is too much effort

Nadal - dubious routines, time wasting, gamesmanship and awkward interviews, grunts

Djokovic - Slow start to his career in terms of always being seen as a tier below (until recently), used to have a lot of medical time outs, withdraws. Has been hostile to crowds in the past. Grunts. Rips shirts etc...

The only negative some people might see in Federer is what they perceive as "arrogance" which I don't believe myself. I think he's just honest and mostly says it how it is. I'd rather that than false modesty
I think federer's calm demeanor is what draws the crowd towards him. He generally seems to exude a quiet confidence which is kind if infectious.
Andy1402 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome