Del Potro will storm the 2016 season | Official Delpo Bandwagon - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #196 of 211 (permalink) Old 10-28-2012, 11:38 PM
Registered User
 
Mark Lenders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 17,155
                     
Re: Del Potro will storm the 2013 season | Official Delpo Bandwagon

I'm very curious to see how Juan will play at Wimbledon next year. He generally struggles greatly on grass, especially with his movement but he played great tennis at Olympics. He was serving great, moving well on the green stuff and charging the net with frequency and success.

I definitely want to see if that inspired play was only motivated by the big occasion and representing his country or if he really has improved as a grasscourt player. The kind of tennis he showed at OG definitely would make him a contender at SW19 if he can reproduce it.
Mark Lenders is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #197 of 211 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 12:14 AM
Registered User
 
Looner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 13,206
                     
Re: Del Potro will storm the 2013 season | Official Delpo Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
You're a one trick pony and a broken record. Not hard to know what you're thinking about, and I've got news for you, I'm not the only one around here
You do not deserve a serious reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
I'm very curious to see how Juan will play at Wimbledon next year. He generally struggles greatly on grass, especially with his movement but he played great tennis at Olympics. He was serving great, moving well on the green stuff and charging the net with frequency and success.

I definitely want to see if that inspired play was only motivated by the big occasion and representing his country or if he really has improved as a grasscourt player. The kind of tennis he showed at OG definitely would make him a contender at SW19 if he can reproduce it.
Yet, I am a deluded Fed tard who wants Del Po to win so Roger gets to "fluke" another slam. I seriously believe he's improved (more importantly, he's working to do so and will continue to do so). I thought he did rather well against RN in his comeback year. This was when I first thought he could do something on this modern grass.


The "Who plays tennis?" thread


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Rod Laver
Roger is like a good red wine, he’s getting better with age.

Last edited by Looner; 10-29-2012 at 12:27 AM.
Looner is offline  
post #198 of 211 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 12:17 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sen'jin Village
Age: 32
Posts: 18,509
                     
Re: Del Potro will storm the 2013 season | Official Delpo Bandwagon

Del Shitro won't win anything above 500 title in 2013 or for the rest of his "career". The guy is a clown whose only tactic is to hit the ball as hard as possible. Pathetic. I can't believe how overhyped he is by a few very vocal fangirls. Even Sapeod abandoned him
Topspindoctor is offline  
post #199 of 211 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 12:26 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Kowchi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Age: 24
Posts: 5,830
                     
Wink Re: Del Potro will storm the 2013 season | Official Delpo Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Del Shitro won't win anything above 500 title in 2013 or for the rest of his "career". The guy is a clown whose only tactic is to hit the ball as hard as possible. Pathetic. I can't believe how overhyped he is by a few very vocal fangirls. Even Sapeod abandoned him
Negativity^
vs.
Positivity/Reality

Del Awesomo will win 2 slams in 2013 and will continue to win for the rest of his career. The guy is a hadworking athlete, who uses a variety of strategies to win and dominate his opponents. Amazing . I can he has a bright future and will continue to gain devoted fans, as he deserves so.
Kowchi is offline  
post #200 of 211 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 12:45 AM
Registered User
 
VolandriFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Where the heart is
Posts: 7,894
                     
Re: Del Potro will storm the 2013 season | Official Delpo Bandwagon

It's a nice thought that he only just turned 24. Bright future still ahead.

Filippo VOLANDRI, Pablo ANDUJAR, Yuki BHAMBRI, Fabio FOGNINI, Thomaz BELLUCCI,
Santiago GIRALDO, Donald YOUNG, Gael MONFILS, Juan Martin DEL POTRO, Alexandr DOLGOPOLOV


Simon|Mathieu|Falla|Bolelli|Kyrgios|Verdasco
Monaco|Garcia-Lopez|Dancevic|Granollers|Cilic|Schwank
Wolmarans|Ferrer|Robredo|Alcaide|Starace
VolandriFan is offline  
post #201 of 211 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 01:19 AM
Registered User
 
Murray Mint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Age: 30
Posts: 3,643
                     
Re: Del Potro will storm the 2013 season | Official Delpo Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
I'm very curious to see how Juan will play at Wimbledon next year. He generally struggles greatly on grass, especially with his movement but he played great tennis at Olympics. He was serving great, moving well on the green stuff and charging the net with frequency and success.

I definitely want to see if that inspired play was only motivated by the big occasion and representing his country or if he really has improved as a grasscourt player. The kind of tennis he showed at OG definitely would make him a contender at SW19 if he can reproduce it.
He played some good stuff. Suppose he'll just have to hope someone else picks Ferrer off for him. The mighty terrier haunts his dreams.
Murray Mint is offline  
post #202 of 211 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 05:08 PM
country flag Tag
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Age: 27
Posts: 3,262
                     
Re: Del Potro will storm the 2013 season | Official Delpo Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
I never thought I'd see the day when I'd meet the person who can read my mind. What a glorious day this is.

To make this more clear, I don't think he can or will win all of them but I think he has a maybe at all except for Wimbledon and even there he can win if the weather is hot and the grass disappears by the time he has to play a big name. I certainly think he can maul Nadull.
taking the piss

here are the simple facts spelt out

- not good enough movement, serve or volley wise for wimbledon (a QF there should be considered excellent)

- not good enough stamina wise for australian

- not good enough to beat 2 out of federer, nadal and djokovic at french

doesn't play paris, shanghai, or monte carlos

crap at rome, crap at toronto/montreal. same for cincinnati, this year was an exception

that leaves miami and indian wells

indian wells is more likely, he's actually good and plays well there. plus the us open

so like i said, those two, but nothing else
Tag is offline  
post #203 of 211 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 05:33 PM
Registered User
 
Roy Emerson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,769
                     
Re: Del Potro will storm the 2013 season | Official Delpo Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
taking the piss

here are the simple facts spelt out

- not good enough movement, serve or volley wise for wimbledon (a QF there should be considered excellent)

- not good enough stamina wise for australian

- not good enough to beat 2 out of federer, nadal and djokovic at french

doesn't play paris, shanghai, or monte carlos

crap at rome, crap at toronto/montreal. same for cincinnati, this year was an exception

that leaves miami and indian wells

indian wells is more likely, he's actually good and plays well there. plus the us open

so like i said, those two, but nothing else
He could win IW, Miami and USO. That would be a great year for him.
Roy Emerson is offline  
post #204 of 211 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 05:45 PM
country flag Tag
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Age: 27
Posts: 3,262
                     
Re: Del Potro will storm the 2013 season | Official Delpo Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Emerson View Post
He could win IW, Miami and USO. That would be a great year for him.
exactly

even one masters and a slam would a great year for him
Tag is offline  
post #205 of 211 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 07:43 AM
Registered User
 
Federer in 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 7,771
                     
Re: Del Potro will storm the 2013 season | Official Delpo Bandwagon

Must be the favorite for RG.


ROGER FEDERER

'Roger Federer is the best ever' - Everyone else other than John McEnroe*

*Not anymore...

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Nadal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Federer. Disgusting.
Federer in 2 is offline  
post #206 of 211 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 04:04 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,825
                     
Re:DelPotro will not be a factor in the 2013 season|Official Del Flukro reality check

I see... storm as in "not be a factor in".

I think you should change the thread title. Look I did it for my post. It looks just as good and it is less confusing.

Last edited by BigJohn; 01-19-2013 at 04:10 PM.
BigJohn is offline  
post #207 of 211 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 10:31 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Age: 35
Posts: 897
                     
Re: Del Potro will storm the 2013 season

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishingmove View Post
I'll give you three players that will be ranked higher in twelve months than they are now:

Djokovic, Murray and Del Potro.
Bravo.
Ikaron is offline  
post #208 of 211 (permalink) Old 12-21-2013, 02:43 PM
Registered User
 
a1canada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,073
                     
Re: Del Potro will storm the 2013 season | Official Delpo Bandwagon

Guessing he'll win four 500's.

Canada welcomes Syrian refugees !
a1canada is offline  
post #209 of 211 (permalink) Old 12-21-2013, 02:48 PM
Registered User
 
GSMnadal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Netherlands
Age: 24
Posts: 16,533
                     
Re: Del Potro will storm the 2013 season | Official Delpo Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
I never thought I'd see the day when I'd meet the person who can read my mind. What a glorious day this is.

To make this more clear, I don't think he can or will win all of them but I think he has a maybe at all except for Wimbledon and even there he can win if the weather is hot and the grass disappears by the time he has to play a big name. I certainly think he can maul Nadull.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
You're a one trick pony and a broken record. Not hard to know what you're thinking about, and I've got news for you, I'm not the only one around here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
You do not deserve a serious reply.
Well Looner, guess I was right and you were wrong. Maybe I did deserve a serious reply after all?

RAFAEL NADAL

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline  
post #210 of 211 (permalink) Old 12-21-2013, 03:28 PM
Registered User
 
vpmrosulate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,579
                     
Re: Del Potro will storm the 2013 season | Official Delpo Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
I'm very curious to see how Juan will play at Wimbledon next year. He generally struggles greatly on grass, especially with his movement but he played great tennis at Olympics. He was serving great, moving well on the green stuff and charging the net with frequency and success.

I definitely want to see if that inspired play was only motivated by the big occasion and representing his country or if he really has improved as a grasscourt player. The kind of tennis he showed at OG definitely would make him a contender at SW19 if he can reproduce it.
Good post, in hindsight.

Players I support for non-tennis reasons: Murray/Ferrer/Monaco/Nadal/Isner/Li

del Potro/Nalbandian/Safin
Tsonga/Gulbis/Monfils/Dolgopolov/Verdasco
Davydenko/Kyrgios/Cilic/Muguruza
vpmrosulate is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome