There are a lot of threads documenting what a player's strongest shots are -- what shots are the weakest that the current crop of players have? Not necessarily bad technically or bad overall, but the one's that can let them down and relative to the rest of their game, aren't up to scratch.
My list of some:
- Forehand Smash - easy one here - that one in Beijing; some of the one's in the Rome final
- he just struggles with this shot at times.
- Forehand - difficult one - his forehand isn't terrible and odd to say perhaps that it's his weakest shot, but to me it's the one that his cost him the biggest matches - it just gets worse and worse as the pressure rises
- Dropshot - again, not a clear cut choice. I don't think he's lost big matches due to this shot, but I do think he utilises the dropshot the least effectively out of the top 4 - should use it more and he doesn't. His backhand can break down at times sure but overall during it's career the BH has had a lot of highs and shown itself to be a weapon too, so won't call it his worst shot. Same for serve - it can't be his worst when you see the % and the numbers - he places it well.
- ability to use HawkEye. Enough said.