I don't remember the tournament but a couple of years ago they entered a tournament as doubles partners and got bounced in the first round. A couple of questions regarding this:
1. Besides motivation, why do you think they lost in the 1st round? (Not familiar with doubles play? Not good enough with volleys? Slower reaction times at the net?)
2. Would it be good for the game if these two or Federer and Murray entered doubles tournaments as well, and got deep in the tournament?
3. With modern racket technology, why don't we see more baseline rallies in doubles matches?
1. probably because they dont work well together. djokovic is not good at all at doubles and nadal isnt a strong enough partner to carry him
2. no it would not be good for the game
3. we see enough base line rallies in singles, we dont need to see that in doubles.