Under ranked players - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 12:11 PM
Ruins.
 
Nole Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 24
Posts: 12,335
                     
Re: Under ranked players

Lacko.

Nole Rules is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 12:40 PM
Registered User
 
green25814's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 4,379
                     
Re: Under ranked players

Dimitrov.

Its shameful

I love all aspects of TENNIS.

Federer - The Artist
Murray - The Tactician
Nalbandian - The Ballstriker
Llodra - The S/V
green25814 is offline  
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 12:41 PM
country flag n8
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 32
Posts: 7,415
                     
Re: Under ranked players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt =Legend View Post
There is no such thing as being under ranked or over ranked. Everyone is where they are for a reason.

Ajde
I disagree. Luck plays a large part in players' careers and therefore ranking.

It's easier to think of over ranked examples, like Chela. He was unseeded at last year's Roland Garros. Had he drawn Nadal first round he would've lost and therefore had 350 less points. Putting his ranking at 57 instead of 32. Not to mention the extra advantages he gained from that RG run; particularly (higher) seedings hence easier draws.
n8 is offline  
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 12:50 PM
Registered User
 
TigerTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London (sadly)
Posts: 14,937
                     
Re: Under ranked players

injury prone players are often under ranked, for obvious reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned....
TigerTim is offline  
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 01:37 PM
Registered User
 
Sombrerero loco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Age: 27
Posts: 62,307
                     
Re: Under ranked players

nalbandian, raonic, gulbis
also kontinen

Henri KONTINEN

Jaume Pla Malfeito/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Attila Balazs

John Millman /Marcus Willis/Taro Daniel-Alex de Miñaur-Josh Milton


Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Pierre Hugues Herbert-Lucas Pouille-Javier Martí-Evan Hoyt-Brydan Klein-Chris Rungkat-Andres Artuñedo-Hugo Nys-Pol Toledo
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is offline  
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 01:39 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,928
                     
Re: Under ranked players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombrerero loco View Post
nalbandian, raonic, gulbis
also kontinen
How is Kontinens health these days? Such a shame that a talented guy like that probably will never make it to the show.
Agrajag is offline  
post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Registered User
 
Sombrerero loco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Age: 27
Posts: 62,307
                     
Re: Under ranked players

henkka has started practising some weeks before and is coming back during the clay season

Henri KONTINEN

Jaume Pla Malfeito/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Attila Balazs

John Millman /Marcus Willis/Taro Daniel-Alex de Miñaur-Josh Milton


Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Pierre Hugues Herbert-Lucas Pouille-Javier Martí-Evan Hoyt-Brydan Klein-Chris Rungkat-Andres Artuñedo-Hugo Nys-Pol Toledo
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is offline  
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 01:51 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,928
                     
Re: Under ranked players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombrerero loco View Post
henkka has started practising some weeks before and is coming back during the clay season
Thanks, good news.

Hopefully he will be able to get into some quali draws on grass. Will he get a protected ranking?
Agrajag is offline  
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 01:53 PM
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,507
                     
Re: Under ranked players

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatRacket View Post
I disagree. Luck plays a large part in players' careers and therefore ranking.

It's easier to think of over ranked examples, like Chela. He was unseeded at last year's Roland Garros. Had he drawn Nadal first round he would've lost and therefore had 350 less points. Putting his ranking at 57 instead of 32. Not to mention the extra advantages he gained from that RG run; particularly (higher) seedings hence easier draws.
Can make any excuse for a player you like or hate using the luck argument.

On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline  
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 02:00 PM
Registered User
 
Sombrerero loco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Age: 27
Posts: 62,307
                     
Re: Under ranked players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agrajag View Post
Thanks, good news.

Hopefully he will be able to get into some quali draws on grass. Will he get a protected ranking?
yeah, he can use it since last week, but his PR is like 400 according to his words so it wont be so useful
he is planning to play on clay in the beginning (maybe to protect his knee)

Henri KONTINEN

Jaume Pla Malfeito/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Attila Balazs

John Millman /Marcus Willis/Taro Daniel-Alex de Miñaur-Josh Milton


Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Pierre Hugues Herbert-Lucas Pouille-Javier Martí-Evan Hoyt-Brydan Klein-Chris Rungkat-Andres Artuñedo-Hugo Nys-Pol Toledo
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is offline  
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 02:00 PM
Registered User
 
Hewitt =Legend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Portugal (at heart)
Posts: 10,504
                     
Re: Under ranked players

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatRacket View Post
I disagree. Luck plays a large part in players' careers and therefore ranking.

It's easier to think of over ranked examples, like Chela. He was unseeded at last year's Roland Garros. Had he drawn Nadal first round he would've lost and therefore had 350 less points. Putting his ranking at 57 instead of 32. Not to mention the extra advantages he gained from that RG run; particularly (higher) seedings hence easier draws.
You can look at it that way but I like to think it balances out throughout the players career. I'm sure Chela has received a nightmare draw somewhere along the line where he instead could have been given a smoother passage through a few rounds, therefore improving his ranking.

Ajde

Life is an orange and you're just a little pip.

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is offline  
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 02:00 PM
Registered User
 
Thunderfish8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,250
                     
Re: Under ranked players

the fact that nalbandian is currently ranked 50 is ridiculous

he belongs in the top 20 and will wreak havoc like serena williams did while she was ranked low until his ranking climbs back up again

Gulbis Ferrer Nishikori
Isner Nadal Dimitrov Istomin Wawrinka B. Baker

Berdych Monaco Granollers Leo-Mayer Troicki Roger-Vasselin Lu Paire

PAW Titles: Brisbane 2012 & 2014
FITD Titles: Marseille 2014
Tennis Tipping Titles
Singles: Orleans CH '11, Tampere CH '12, Medellin CH '12, Vancouver CH '15, Opava FUT '15
Doubles: Noumea CH '13 w/ Chirag, Cherbourg CH '14, Yokohama CH '15 w/ BMT360
Thunderfish8 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome