WWW Dubai R1 : Marko Djokovic vs Golubev - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 83 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 07:56 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 874
                     
Re: WWW Dubai R1 : Marko Djokovic vs Golubev

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzahLovah View Post
As part of Nole's terms, the Dubai organizers have belated agreed to tie Golubev's left hand behind his back. Now the odds are 50-50.

Trolling is defined by Herring as baiting and luring others into pointless and time-consuming discussions.

4 criteria of trolls:

1. Appearance of outward sincerity.
2. Posts designed to incite anger or "flames"
3. Posts designed to waste everybody's time with useless argument
4. Desperate desire for attention, any attention at all

Recognize them, don't engage and put 'em on your ignore list where they belong. Feed a troll and you're just encouraging their attention-seeking.
LisaKoh is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 83 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 07:58 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,862
                     
Re: WWW Dubai R1 : Marko Djokovic vs Golubev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolita View Post
Nothing. WCs are not "deserved". They are discretionary elements tournament directors have at their disposal to organise their event. Sometimes they have agreements between tennis federations of different countries. But basically, the tournament directors can give the WCs to whomever they want, as they see fit.

I think many people are finding it hard to move with the times, and they don't like the fact that Novak has the clout to get his brother a WC to a 500 tournament. That's the real issue, in my opinion.

Last year there were so many "undeserved" WCs for Grand Slams and Masters and nobody said a thing. So that's not the issue, obviously.
Certain people don't like the fact Nole has power and influence.They also don't like the fact he's the King and rules the tennis world.They actually think Fedal time will return.That's the real reason for this sharade.

Last edited by rutinos harcos; 02-26-2012 at 08:03 PM.
rutinos harcos is offline  
post #63 of 83 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 08:09 PM
When You're On The Poster
 
Johnny Groove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Earth
Age: 27
Posts: 43,324
                     
Re: WWW Dubai R1 : Marko Djokovic vs Golubev

It would be hilarious if Djokovic won this.

Follow my Youtube Channel for all my matches
Follow me on IG for the latest news, vids, pics, and memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Laver
We all choke. That’s all right. We’re not machines. What you have to learn is to accept that fact and not panic. It’s the panic that loses the matches, not the nerves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Player
The harder you try, the luckier you get.
Johnny Groove is offline  
 
post #64 of 83 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 08:10 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,940
                     
Re: WWW Dubai R1 : Marko Djokovic vs Golubev

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutinos harcos View Post
Certain people don't like the fact Nole has power and influence.They also don't like the fact he's the King and rules the tennis world.They actually think Fedal time will return.That's the real reason for this sharade.
Keep telling yourself that. Being no.1 doesn't make you the "ruler" or "King" of tennis - it makes you currently the best tennis player in the world - which he is. The power and influence of Federer and Nadal far outweighs Djokovic because frankly they're better known - they're household names whilst Djokovic is still not quite at that level. It'll take Novak time to get there and there's no reason for Fedal fans to worry that Djokovic will overtake Fedal on that front.

The fact is that even Murray could ask for WCs from Dubai I'm sure - he's not the kind of guy who would though - certainly not at a late stage where somebody else who'd been promised the WC then lost out and didn't get to play the tournament. I doubt Novak knew that Jaziri would be losing out on his own WC but given how late the WC was withdrawn you'd imagine the request came late. Even if Novak does have all this "power and influence" he could certainly use it better. It's a total own goal from him and the reaction in the press is testament to that.
Ash86 is offline  
post #65 of 83 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 08:54 PM
Registered User
 
Hypnotize's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 11,024
                     
Re: WWW Dubai R1 : Marko Djokovic vs Golubev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
It would be hilarious if Djokovic won this.
I don't think I've ever wanted a player to win a match so much in my life just so I can watch some posters on here have a meltdown.
Hypnotize is offline  
post #66 of 83 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 09:02 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,862
                     
Re: WWW Dubai R1 : Marko Djokovic vs Golubev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
Golubev is obviously the favourite but it would be great if Marko can cause an upset.
Are you kidding me?That'd be epic.Imagine reactions on MTF.
rutinos harcos is offline  
post #67 of 83 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 09:03 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,862
                     
Re: WWW Dubai R1 : Marko Djokovic vs Golubev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
I don't think I've ever wanted a player to win a match so much in my life just so I can watch some posters on here have a meltdown.
+1
rutinos harcos is offline  
post #68 of 83 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 09:04 PM
Registered User
 
Certinfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 44,881
                     
Re: WWW Dubai R1 : Marko Djokovic vs Golubev

Golubev has days where he plays top 10 tennis as well as days where he can beat himself. Saying that even if Golubev plays the worst match of his career he'll probably still win, I mean surely we all remember Marko's ATP match in Belgrade a few years ago?
Certinfy is offline  
post #69 of 83 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 09:09 PM
He'll be back...
 
Sapeod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 22
Posts: 44,289
                     
Re: WWW Dubai R1 : Marko Djokovic vs Golubev

I don't like Golubev, but I want him to destroy this little worm. The quicker, the better. Hopefully, this'll be a quick but painful humiliation.

ANDY MURRAY
SLAMS: 3 TITLES, 8 finals, 10 semi-finals, 9 quarter-finals...
WORLD TOUR FINALS: 1 TITLE, 3 semi-finals...
MASTERS: 14 TITLES, 7 finals, 12 semi-finals, 18 quarter-finals...
OLYMPICS: 2 gold medals, 1 silver...
DAVIS CUP: 1 TITLE, 1 semi-final, 1 quarter-final...
WORLD #1: 41 weeks...
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 655-184...
TITLES: 45 and counting...
~ Roger ~ Pics ~ Stronga ~ Berdman ~ Feli ~
Sapeod is offline  
post #70 of 83 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 09:09 PM
Registered User
 
zcess81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 37
Posts: 3,035
                     
Re: WWW Dubai R1 : Marko Djokovic vs Golubev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
I don't think I've ever wanted a player to win a match so much in my life just so I can watch some posters on here have a meltdown.


Same here.

Life can get dull, I need comedy.

Novak Djokovic Rafael Nadal


David Ferrer - Leyton Hewitt - David Nalbandian - Marcos Baghdatis - Janko Tipsarevic - Tommy Haas


AJDE NOLE!
zcess81 is offline  
post #71 of 83 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 09:38 PM
Registered User
 
GOAT in progress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Age: 34
Posts: 69
                     
Re: WWW Dubai R1 : Marko Djokovic vs Golubev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
I don't like Golubev, but I want him to destroy this little worm. The quicker, the better. Hopefully, this'll be a quick but painful humiliation.
You are one disrupted man. How can you say for someone that is a little worm, and he is young and talented athletes at the beginning of his career. You're really for observation.
GOAT in progress is offline  
post #72 of 83 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 09:52 PM
Registered User
 
Poetik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 827
                     
Re: WWW Dubai R1 : Marko Djokovic vs Golubev

For sure Golubev can't take this match in two fast sets. Over in games, 3 sets and Marko with HC, are great bets. ))))))))))

watching, betting, winning. very $imple.
Poetik is offline  
post #73 of 83 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 09:53 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,825
                     
Re: WWW Dubai R1 : Marko Djokovic vs Golubev

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT in progress View Post
You are one disrupted man. How can you say for someone that is a little worm, and he is young and talented athletes at the beginning of his career. You're really for observation.
If he was talented, he'd be ranked high enough to qualify himself for at least the qualif.

His only talent responsible for this is having a brother willing to shamelessly abuse his position as #1 player in the world, bringing embarrassment to himself, the brother he's trying to help, his family, the tournament organizers, and most puzzling of all, turning a few of his fans into helpless tards...
BigJohn is offline  
post #74 of 83 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 10:00 PM
Registered User
 
samanosuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 20,493
                     
Re: WWW Dubai R1 : Marko Djokovic vs Golubev

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT in progress View Post
You are one disrupted man. How can you say for someone that is a little worm, and he is young and talented athletes at the beginning of his career. You're really for observation.
I give you a bet . Give me one random guy from the street and I'll make 867th ranked player from him in 3 years time
samanosuke is offline  
post #75 of 83 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 10:17 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,825
                     
Re: WWW Dubai R1 : Marko Djokovic vs Golubev

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
I give you a bet . Give me one random guy from the street and I'll make 867th ranked player from him in 3 years time
Unless he picks that one.



Doubt he will last 3 more years...
BigJohn is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome