Federer : The Mother Of All Quests : 20 Slams And 100 Titles. - Page 92 - MensTennisForums.com
 6Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1366 of 2101 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 05:02 PM
Registered User
 
bounccer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 40
Posts: 852
                     
Re: Federer : The Mother Of All Quests : 20 Slams And 100 Titles.

Hopefully, Djokovic will play the final and exhaust himself before the USO.
bounccer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1367 of 2101 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 07:39 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Age: 26
Posts: 1,284
                     
Re: Federer : The Mother Of All Quests : 20 Slams And 100 Titles.

If roger remains injury from till 35-36. After that point he should only play the 4 slams, WTF, basel, and maybe halle before wimbledon and perhaps cinci before the us open.

8-10 events, lot of down time between to recover and peak for the slams. Then he might even just forget the whole clay season and french open but with, nole, and murray likely gone in 5 years he may still have his chances. Agassi was in the us open finals pushing peakerer. No reason fed if he has the desire, bigger serve and quicker points, cannot continue to be effective at 35... his biggest compeition murray, nole will be nearly 30 at that point as well and their style will cause injuries and slow them down further.

Fed has adapted now after with annacone to this more offensive style game and should only get more used to it here on out. Fed has all of his 31, 32, and 33 years to be right there at slams. murray and nadal are injured already and with chronic problmes... if nadal skips us open which is likely at this point and murray and nole play super saturday second.... fed will have his chances in the us open final against either...

He's arguably playing better right now than he was at the us open last year... other than a terrible french open fed has been solid on hard courts this year... look at australia, indian wells, dubai... if no nadal... fed may have won aussie open...

Regardless fed is not losing number 1 or 2.. with nadal injured anytime soon...nadal won't be at the us open... and most likely murray will draw fed at 2013 aussie open... fed will have chances big time in the next 3-4 slams since he only has to beat murray-nole winner... and at worst murray then nole..

If fed grabs us open.. for sure he gets 20
FedvsNole is offline  
post #1368 of 2101 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 08:16 PM
Registered User
 
Han Solo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 39
Posts: 2,299
                     
Re: Federer : The Mother Of All Quests : 20 Slams And 100 Titles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedvsNole View Post
If roger remains injury from till 35-36. After that point he should only play the 4 slams, WTF, basel, and maybe halle before wimbledon and perhaps cinci before the us open.

8-10 events, lot of down time between to recover and peak for the slams. Then he might even just forget the whole clay season and french open but with, nole, and murray likely gone in 5 years he may still have his chances. Agassi was in the us open finals pushing peakerer. No reason fed if he has the desire, bigger serve and quicker points, cannot continue to be effective at 35... his biggest compeition murray, nole will be nearly 30 at that point as well and their style will cause injuries and slow them down further.

Fed has adapted now after with annacone to this more offensive style game and should only get more used to it here on out. Fed has all of his 31, 32, and 33 years to be right there at slams. murray and nadal are injured already and with chronic problmes... if nadal skips us open which is likely at this point and murray and nole play super saturday second.... fed will have his chances in the us open final against either...

He's arguably playing better right now than he was at the us open last year... other than a terrible french open fed has been solid on hard courts this year... look at australia, indian wells, dubai... if no nadal... fed may have won aussie open...

Regardless fed is not losing number 1 or 2.. with nadal injured anytime soon...nadal won't be at the us open... and most likely murray will draw fed at 2013 aussie open... fed will have chances big time in the next 3-4 slams since he only has to beat murray-nole winner... and at worst murray then nole..

If fed grabs us open.. for sure he gets 20
I find it hard to believe there won't be some younger players in the top five by this stage of Federer's career, should he last that long. So regardless of Murray, Nadal and Djokovic having declined, there will be others dominating slams.
Han Solo is online now  
post #1369 of 2101 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 08:44 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Age: 29
Posts: 4,295
                     
Re: Federer : The Mother Of All Quests : 20 Slams And 100 Titles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounccer View Post
Hopefully, Djokovic will play the final and exhaust himself before the USO.
Hopefully, Fed will never again win a master or a slam.
nick the greek is offline  
post #1370 of 2101 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 09:10 PM
Registered User
 
hadouken!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 506
                     
Re: Federer : The Mother Of All Quests : 20 Slams And 100 Titles.

Silverer
hadouken! is offline  
post #1371 of 2101 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 09:15 PM
Registered User
 
Looner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 13,159
                     
Re: Federer : The Mother Of All Quests : 20 Slams And 100 Titles.

I don't think Roger will mug up his schedule THAT much once the year is over even if he achieves the unthinkable and gets the YE #1. He has already signed up to defend his Rotterdam title plus one of his best events on tour are Masters events like Madrid and Cincy, so I'm sure he'll still play them and will just be more reasonable by prioritising his health.

I hope he does add a few more 250s such as Estoril once in a while for the occasional title and because people love to see him in these less prestigious events. Moreover, from 2015 with the extended grass court season, he might finally have a chance to win a grass title in the UK outside of SW19.

Djokovic is vulturing Toronto quite nicely, so I hope he is at least tired for the USO if he does well at Cincy. However, Cincy is a fast court and if he didn't have any gruelling matches in Toronto where the surfaces is slower and more physical, he won't be as tired after Cincy. Still, 3 weeks in succession plus another 2 for a slam should be tough. I hope Roger has enough in him to make a final dash for #1 if he is still behind after the Open. But if he wins the USO, I'd hardly care about #1.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nick the greek View Post
Hopefully, Fed will never again win a master or a slam.
Can you please bet your house on it and come back to me? Kthxbye.


The "Who plays tennis?" thread


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Rod Laver
Roger is like a good red wine, he’s getting better with age.
Looner is offline  
post #1372 of 2101 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 09:17 PM
Registered Fed fan
 
Kat_YYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 15,111
                     
Re: Federer : The Mother Of All Quests : 20 Slams And 100 Titles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick the greek View Post
Hopefully, Fed will never again win a master or a slam.
not so sure as you were a few months ago, eh?

Roger Federer * Greatest Of All Time
Kat_YYZ is offline  
post #1373 of 2101 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 09:20 PM
Banned!
 
ServeVolley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,373
                     
Re: Federer : The Mother Of All Quests : 20 Slams And 100 Titles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick the greek View Post
Hopefully, Fed will never again win a master or a slam.
If you feel that way you should probably avoid watching Cincy and the USO this year.
ServeVolley is offline  
post #1374 of 2101 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 11:59 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Age: 29
Posts: 4,295
                     
Re: Federer : The Mother Of All Quests : 20 Slams And 100 Titles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
Fed since last USO final fluke loss - 39-2 with all two losses coming on superfast mud hardcourts in a night session. Guess what's the speed in Cincy .
nick the greek is offline  
post #1375 of 2101 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 12:00 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,669
                     
Re: Federer : The Mother Of All Quests : 20 Slams And 100 Titles.

Every time Roger plays I feel honored.

Im drunk but so what.

Roger, I love you.

Fujee is offline  
post #1376 of 2101 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 12:44 AM
Registered User
 
Looner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 13,159
                     
Re: Federer : The Mother Of All Quests : 20 Slams And 100 Titles.

What do we think, folks? 76 coming after the glorious display of win tonight?


The "Who plays tennis?" thread


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Rod Laver
Roger is like a good red wine, he’s getting better with age.
Looner is offline  
post #1377 of 2101 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 12:47 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sen'jin Village
Age: 31
Posts: 18,509
                     
Re: Federer : The Mother Of All Quests : 20 Slams And 100 Titles.

Olderer has no chance to win Cinci. Nole will take out the trash like he usually does.
Topspindoctor is offline  
post #1378 of 2101 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 12:58 AM
Registered User
 
Han Solo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 39
Posts: 2,299
                     
Re: Federer : The Mother Of All Quests : 20 Slams And 100 Titles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Olderer has no chance to win Cinci. Nole will take out the trash like he usually does.
I had no idea he was so domesticated...

Incidentally, Djokovic has a grand total of 0 Cincinnati Open titles.
Han Solo is online now  
post #1379 of 2101 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 01:00 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sen'jin Village
Age: 31
Posts: 18,509
                     
Re: Federer : The Mother Of All Quests : 20 Slams And 100 Titles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
I had no idea he was so domesticated...

Incidentally, Djokovic has a grand total of 0 Cincinnati Open titles.
Mugray slipped some gluten based food into Nole's dinner the night before the match last year
Topspindoctor is offline  
post #1380 of 2101 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 01:05 AM
Registered User
 
Han Solo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 39
Posts: 2,299
                     
Re: Federer : The Mother Of All Quests : 20 Slams And 100 Titles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Mugray slipped some gluten based food into Nole's dinner the night before the match last year
Could be. Could be...

Well in any case history would suggest Federer is more likely to win this event than Djokovic, irrespective of their current ability on hard courts.

Having said that, recent history would also suggest Djokovic is more likely to "take out the trash", as you put it, in the US Open. So my money is not on Federer getting any closer to 20 slams in 2012, at least.
Han Solo is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome