Re: MTF 2012 Most Disliked Players of all time. Update Post #306
There are so many contenders thankfully most of them are retired.
1. Ion Tiriac - Disgusting player and a cheat without Nastase's ability or humour. Made Dani Koellerer's antics look like he was a choirboy. Then there are all the Don like mafia antics, moving his money out of Germany to Spain. Wanting every tournament to be Round Robin, which all comes back to how much of a cockchimp he is.
1. Jimmy Connors - Can't split these two. Connors was the Grand Pubah of on court arse clowns, yes even going around the net to rub out a ballmark on his opponents side. He said McEnroe came along and found someone worse, no James you were the template. The older he got, the more appreciated he was, nah he was still the same prick then just hid it better.
3. Brad Gilbert - The self proclaimed Jewish redneck. The nicest thing I can say about Gilbert is that he had a fantastic Jewfro, have to admire that he made number 3 in the world with that game. He was a Grand Slam clown who loved the MM events and winning ugly wasn't good enough at the Slams. You know it's bad guys like Agassi and Roddick get sick of you, no matter how much help they have given.
4. Andre Agassi - Never liked the mullet and denim shorts and "Image is Everything Phase" he was a fraud then and not much in reality changed afterwards except he was able to articulate his words in a manner that made it look like he changed. His book definitely cemented what I had thought of him then.
5. Andy Roddick - Great when dealing with moron press conferences and the casinos will miss him on tour. The classic bully boy to lower ranked opponents and umpires, but when playing the other top players he was very quiet.
6. Boris Becker - Yes, he was great at Davis Cup but he was another one like Roddick a bully boy but not to his equal. Still remember some of his bullshit gamesmanship antics while accusing others of doping. A thief shouldn't be accusing another thief of stealing. Well done Broom Broom.
7. Feliciano Lopez - LaLo what a burro he is, then again he is just the typical cocky Real Madrid fan without all their successes. This guy spends more time in the mirroer than on the practice courts.
8. John McEnroe - Great player, but that's it. Total bandwagon commentary yes Nadal has the best volleys in the game and his antics on court were like the WWE. Yes, that can be fun at times, but his were done deliberately to put the other player off when he was good enough to beat them normally.
9. Wayne Odesnik - Rats aren't nice animals and Odesnik is a rat. He should still be suspended for the HGH importation, but somehow gets his sentence reduced for being a rat.
10. Greg Rusedski - Grinning Greg best way to sum this all serve prick up.
“ On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".
Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.