Montpellier R1: Cipolla def. [Q] Gicquel 16 64 75 - MensTennisForums.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-31-2012, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,017
                     
Montpellier R1: Cipolla def. [Q] Gicquel 16 64 75

Onion So proud of this hard worker

Sliced to the death
Hian-GOAT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-31-2012, 07:24 PM
Registered User
 
Chris Kuerten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Age: 25
Posts: 16,834
                     
Re: Montpellier R1: Onion def. [Q] Gicquel 16 64 75

Who the fuck is Onion?

Don't overdo it with the nicknames.

I am the Nelson Mandela of MTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
Santaro was a better version of Ferrer
Quote:
At the end of Federer's first round match at the Australian Open a fawning interviewer asked about his kids and if he had bought coach Stefan Edberg a birthday present - no, by the way, the privilege of knocking up with 'King Roger' was enough of a present apparently.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post...nnis/65231157/

Sombrerero loco exposed

(Again)
Chris Kuerten is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-31-2012, 08:46 PM
Registered User
 
Nixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Moscow, Russia
Age: 28
Posts: 2,695
                     
Re: Montpellier R1: Onion def. [Q] Gicquel 16 64 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo Kuerten View Post
Who the fuck is Onion?

Don't overdo it with the nicknames.
it's direct translation
Nixer is offline  
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-31-2012, 08:57 PM
Registered User
 
Chris Kuerten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Age: 25
Posts: 16,834
                     
Re: Montpellier R1: Onion def. [Q] Gicquel 16 64 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixer View Post
it's direct translation
I only said it because it was in the thread title at first and it's not a nickname that's used a lot.

I am the Nelson Mandela of MTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
Santaro was a better version of Ferrer
Quote:
At the end of Federer's first round match at the Australian Open a fawning interviewer asked about his kids and if he had bought coach Stefan Edberg a birthday present - no, by the way, the privilege of knocking up with 'King Roger' was enough of a present apparently.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post...nnis/65231157/

Sombrerero loco exposed

(Again)
Chris Kuerten is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-31-2012, 09:55 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 12,122
                     
Re: Montpellier R1: Cipolla def. [Q] Gicquel 16 64 75

Nice win Flavio, never gave up!
motorhead is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-31-2012, 10:27 PM
Registered User
 
orangehat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,459
                     
Re: Montpellier R1: Cipolla def. [Q] Gicquel 16 64 75

the entire match was such a mess

No idea why Flavio is playing here (indoors) instead of defending his title in Burnie

The field there is so weak as well.

Tennis Tipping

Singles: (--/10) Finals: 1-5 ATP, 3-1 Challengers
W: Rotterdam '12
Slams:1R,3R,3R,QF

Doubles: (--/5) Finals: 3-4 ATP, 8-7 Challengers
W: US Open '12 (w/Allez-Alejo), Bercy '11 (w/ZackBusner), Winston-Salem '12 (w/Betty)
Slams:2R,3R,QF,W
orangehat is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-31-2012, 10:37 PM
MONSOON season.
 
CooCooCachoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Upstate New York
Age: 30
Posts: 76,449
                     
Re: Montpellier R1: Cipolla def. [Q] Gicquel 16 64 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangehat View Post
the entire match was such a mess

No idea why Flavio is playing here (indoors) instead of defending his title in Burnie

The field there is so weak as well.
Uhm, of course he is going to play ATP events over Challengers More money to be had.

Great fight from Cipo on what is definitely not his best surface

BEMELMANS | CHARDY | CHIUDINELLI
CIPOLLA| ROGER-VASSELIN | MCGEE




Bachinger|Basilashvili|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Cuevas |Eysseric|Giannessi|Gombos
Granollers|Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Mannarino
Menendez|Mitchell|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Rober t|Rubin|Smyczek|J. Sousa|Weintraub

CooCooCachoo is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-31-2012, 10:46 PM
Registered User
 
orangehat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,459
                     
Re: Montpellier R1: Cipolla def. [Q] Gicquel 16 64 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martijn. View Post
Uhm, of course he is going to play ATP events over Challengers More money to be had.

Great fight from Cipo on what is definitely not his best surface
Well if he had lost 1R (which he could have depending on who he drew, and given that this is a terrible surface for him) he gets less money than if he made the final or won Burnie (or Kazan). Sure he would have to reach the final, but it was far more likely there. (if he loses to Simon he also gets less than if he wins Kazan)

If this were a 500 tournament I could understand (for money), or if there were no other winnable HC Challengers this week, but both weren't true.

Tennis Tipping

Singles: (--/10) Finals: 1-5 ATP, 3-1 Challengers
W: Rotterdam '12
Slams:1R,3R,3R,QF

Doubles: (--/5) Finals: 3-4 ATP, 8-7 Challengers
W: US Open '12 (w/Allez-Alejo), Bercy '11 (w/ZackBusner), Winston-Salem '12 (w/Betty)
Slams:2R,3R,QF,W
orangehat is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-31-2012, 11:00 PM
Registered User
 
RonaldGomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,544
                     
Re: Montpellier R1: Cipolla def. [Q] Gicquel 16 64 75

Gicquel close to retirement after this loss, and no one will regret him.

Paire - Flo Mayer - the Dog
My blog (in french) : www.doublefaute.fr | https://twitter.com/#!/Double_Faute
RonaldGomez is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-31-2012, 11:39 PM
Registered User
 
BroTree123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 17,731
                     
Re: Montpellier R1: Cipolla def. [Q] Gicquel 16 64 75

Harder than expected .

Quote:
Hian about himself
Quote:
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline  
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 12:00 AM
Registered User
 
Henry Chinaski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 13,751
                     
Re: Montpellier R1: Cipolla def. [Q] Gicquel 16 64 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangehat View Post
Well if he had lost 1R (which he could have depending on who he drew, and given that this is a terrible surface for him) he gets less money than if he made the final or won Burnie (or Kazan). Sure he would have to reach the final, but it was far more likely there. (if he loses to Simon he also gets less than if he wins Kazan)

If this were a 500 tournament I could understand (for money), or if there were no other winnable HC Challengers this week, but both weren't true.
are you kidding?

playing Burnie would have meant hanging around Australia for that last two weeks and Kazan is in the arsehole of nowhere with temperatures of -25C. Neither are exactly appealing options.

Of course he's going to play an ATP event in a city probably an hour flight from his home. There are more things that simple points and prize money to consider.
Henry Chinaski is offline  
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 01:07 AM
Registered User
 
orangehat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,459
                     
Re: Montpellier R1: Cipolla def. [Q] Gicquel 16 64 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
are you kidding?

playing Burnie would have meant hanging around Australia for that last two weeks and Kazan is in the arsehole of nowhere with temperatures of -25C. Neither are exactly appealing options.

Of course he's going to play an ATP event in a city probably an hour flight from his home. There are more things that simple points and prize money to consider.
Well that's fair enough but I'm just saying if you're gonna argue from prize money/points it's not a good argument

Tennis Tipping

Singles: (--/10) Finals: 1-5 ATP, 3-1 Challengers
W: Rotterdam '12
Slams:1R,3R,3R,QF

Doubles: (--/5) Finals: 3-4 ATP, 8-7 Challengers
W: US Open '12 (w/Allez-Alejo), Bercy '11 (w/ZackBusner), Winston-Salem '12 (w/Betty)
Slams:2R,3R,QF,W
orangehat is offline  
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 07:30 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 9,831
                     
Re: Montpellier R1: Cipolla def. [Q] Gicquel 16 64 75

He'd better gone to South America to play on clay.
Ad Wim is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome