Rafael Nadal is first one who is 3 times runner-up in a row in GS finals!!! - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 08:45 AM
Mammoths
 
Omnipotence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,710
                     
Re: Rafael Nadal is first one who is 3 times runner-up in a row in GS finals!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi View Post
horrible horrible, just horrible, he is on his way to get his 4th and 5th too, just horrible, poor rafa
Speaking a bit too soon aren't you? But yes there is a possibility for that to happen, which would hand Nole 5 Slams on the trot, an achievement that I would hold in higher regard than a CYGS. rafa's strategically brain numbing boring retrieving game though works best on the red clay of Roland Garros so I'd hold out some hope yet, if I were you.
Omnipotence is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 09:51 AM
Registered User
 
asmazif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,849
                     
Re: Rafael Nadal is first one who is 3 times runner-up in a row in GS finals!!!

With slams played instead of successive slams, Connors has achieved this twice

| Wins over 3+ of the Top 4. Players to reach all slam QFs+ in history. Hawkeye/Line Calls. QFs+ at Slams & Masters, but never Top 20.
Haas / The Fog / Tsonga / Brown / Mahut / Dolgo / Fed / Baker / Alund / Tursunov / Copil / Bolelli / Brands / Benneteau / Gojowczyk / Steps / PHM
Rafter / Edberg / Henman / Stich / Safin / Gambill / Grosjean / Malisse / Gonzo / Llodra / Santoro / Agassi / Schalken / Nováček / Rosewall / H-T Lee / Kuerten / Boetsch / Pavel / Sundström / Björkman / Scud / El Aynaoui / Arazi / Calleri / Sampras / Nalbandian / Mosquito / Srichaphan
asmazif is offline  
post #63 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 02:30 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,732
                     
Re: Rafael Nadal is first one who is 3 times runner-up in a row in GS finals!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
This is correct. Truth is that Federer has been in decline ever since 2008, despite picking up some GS titles in the period that followed thereafter.
Nadal's best year was 2008, and sorry to split it to the tards, but despite a fantastic showing at the USO 2010, he's been on the downslide ever since as well. I refuse to judge on mere results, I judge on what I'm seeing these guys demonstrate in the sense of pure quality of tennis at any tennis tournament I watch.

That said, it's even more remarkable that both of these giants still manage to rack up great results in GS tournaments. Reaching semifinals, QFs, let's not even talk about reaching FINALS, is nothing to piss on when having such a huge mileage as both of them have. Rather the contrary: it's a genuine sign of their true greatness.

Any player who still manages to consistantly rack up results like theirs is still in the running to grab a major title. They may well need a bit of luck to get there though - but luck is anyone's guess. Ask Sampras, ask Agassi for this matter.
You are a true FEDAL fan.

very very rare indeed.
atennisfan is offline  
post #64 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 02:53 PM
Registered User
 
Shirogane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: France
Posts: 3,182
                     
Re: Rafael Nadal is first one who is 3 times runner-up in a row in GS finals!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
This is correct. Truth is that Federer has been in decline ever since 2008, despite picking up some GS titles in the period that followed thereafter.
Nadal's best year was 2008, and sorry to split it to the tards, but despite a fantastic showing at the USO 2010, he's been on the downslide ever since as well. I refuse to judge on mere results, I judge on what I'm seeing these guys demonstrate in the sense of pure quality of tennis at any tennis tournament I watch.

That said, it's even more remarkable that both of these giants still manage to rack up great results in GS tournaments. Reaching semifinals, QFs, let's not even talk about reaching FINALS, is nothing to piss on when having such a huge mileage as both of them have. Rather the contrary: it's a genuine sign of their true greatness.
And if he is good enough, the same will most likely happen to Nole with the next dominant player.



David Goffin ♦ Roger Federer ♦ Mikhail Youzhny ♦ Dustin Brown ♦ Pierre-Hugues Herbert


Shirogane is offline  
post #65 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 03:01 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Age: 46
Posts: 3,574
                     
Re: Rafael Nadal is first one who is 3 times runner-up in a row in GS finals!!!

I see many moonballer yards awaiting a reversal
Of fortune vs Novak, it's just a short term
Phenomenon , get real since Madrid 2009
Nadulls h2h with Novak is 10-2 . It took and
Easy draw & Nadulls best serving to win the
USO 2010 plus a tired Novak.
This so called rivalry is headed in on direction
Big time .
Even when nadull was beating Novak is was because
Of superior stamina not his game.
That factor has been removed so it's go into
Get really ugly.
He will be destroyed on clay with Novak eating
His WTA serve for breakfast.

The law of nature,only the strong survive.




THE GREAT TACTICAL RIVALRY OF THE OPEN ERA
FEDERER 10 VS TONI NADAL 20
ADVANTAGE TONI NADAL
RAPHEAL NADULL,A PRETTY FACE & MUSCLE
NOTHING MORE

Fed 2 nadull 13 fed is nadull CLAY TURKEY. THE REAL ERA 2003-2010.
luie is offline  
post #66 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 03:16 PM
Registered User
 
Nole Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 23
Posts: 11,339
                     
Re: Rafael Nadal is first one who is 3 times runner-up in a row in GS finals!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luie View Post
I see many moonballer yards awaiting a reversal
Of fortune vs Novak, it's just a short term
Phenomenon , get real since Madrid 2009
Nadulls h2h with Novak is 10-2 . It took and
Easy draw & Nadulls best serving to win the
USO 2010 plus a tired Novak.
This so called rivalry is headed in on direction
Big time .
Even when nadull was beating Novak is was because
Of superior stamina not his game.
That factor has been removed so it's go into
Get really ugly.
He will be destroyed on clay with Novak eating
His WTA serve for breakfast
.
Indeed.

Dirk Nowitzki Kevin Durant Kawhi Leonard
G O A T N E S S
Djokovic - Zverev - Tipsarevic - Tomic - Cilic - Sock - Lacko
Nole Rules is offline  
post #67 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 06:22 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Mallorca (Spain)
Posts: 2,075
                     
Re: Rafael Nadal is first one who is 3 times runner-up in a row in GS finals!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadmap View Post
I am anti Nadull but realistic. I fully expect a seventh French Open title for him come soon. My main gripe is the fraud he is allowed to commit outside of clay. Not too clever and disgraceful for the people who should know better.
Care to expand on just how come Rafa is a fraud on grass? I'd say WB 2007 and 08 prove he is nothing of the sort, no need to mention the way he swope the floor with Murray in 2010 & 11.
peribsen is offline  
post #68 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 06:56 PM
Registered User
 
Mountaindewslave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,933
                     
Re: Rafael Nadal is first one who is 3 times runner-up in a row in GS finals!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
that's how nadal fans are talking now . few years back one of their biggest fighting argument with Fed tards was that Nadal doesn't lose big or epic matches. And one of biggest trashing Fed argument was some big and close matches which Fed lost. Currently, they are building Nadal's legacy on ex Fed trashing reasons . What an irony
i usually don't agree with samanosuke but in this case he is completely right. how can you say its a plus and only 'helps Nadal's resume' to get to the finals of Grand Slams 3 times in a row but lose, when a few years ago everyone argued that Nadal was so great partially because of how clutch he was in important moments and Grand SLam finals???

this certainly is somewhat detrimental to Nadal, losing these big matches, his legacy. there are pros of course, a final is a great accomplishment at this level BUT you can't seriously say now that Federer is tarnished by losing in some finals/big moments and that it actually helps Nadal to do the same? it's absurd

<3 Roger Federer <3 David Ferrer <3 Juan Martin Del Potro <3 Ernest Gulbis <3

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline  
post #69 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-02-2012, 12:00 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 111
                     
Re: Rafael Nadal is first one who is 3 times runner-up in a row in GS finals!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
i usually don't agree with samanosuke but in this case he is completely right. how can you say its a plus and only 'helps Nadal's resume' to get to the finals of Grand Slams 3 times in a row but lose, when a few years ago everyone argued that Nadal was so great partially because of how clutch he was in important moments and Grand SLam finals???
Fedfanforever is offline  
post #70 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-02-2012, 12:20 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,041
                     
Re: Rafael Nadal is first one who is 3 times runner-up in a row in GS finals!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatchFederer View Post
which would hand Nole 5 Slams on the trot, an achievement that I would hold in higher regard than a CYGS
I know it's your personal opinion but why would you hold it in higher regard than a CYGS when there was an offseason in the middle of that run?
stewietennis is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome