AO 2012 SF: Nadal def Federer 6-7(5) 6-2 7-6(5) 6-4 - Page 28 - MensTennisForums.com

View Poll Results: ...
.. 0 0%
.. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #406 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 06:27 PM
Registered User
 
MsTree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,310
                     
Re: AO 2012 SF: Nadal def Federer 6-7(5) 6-2 7-6(5) 6-4

Quote:
"Well I'd be the first to admit that I don't know as much about tennis as I thought I did"
Mats Wilander 2012
MsTree is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #407 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 06:27 PM
Mateja Seppieva
 
Mateya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Seppi's comfy hotel room
Age: 31
Posts: 8,239
                     
Re: AO 2012 SF: Nadal def Federer 6-7(5) 6-2 7-6(5) 6-4

I raced home from job to watch this freaking match at noon (started at 9.30 here in Europe) and I got it at 1-1 in the 4th set. Thank you, boss

How Federer was the favourite for this match is beyond me. As a totaly neutral tennis fan I expected Rafzilla to win in 4 or 5 sets, featuring classic abuse of Olderer's backand and grinding him out from the baseline with too much UEs from Olderer on the end.

Nadal alien-like defence was just out of this world. Shots he got back were unreal, especialy the break point when serving for the match. A bit lucky, but overall just too good for Roger today.

Start of new season = fresh and hungry Rafzilla = Roger in big trouble


Mateya's FAQ
: Yes, I'm a girl. Profile pic is me. I watch and play tennis since 13 (1997). I don't play ITFs anymore, I have a job now. MTF-> uncovering my naughty side since 2007.
http://www4.slikomat.com/13/0120/sc2-Mateja.jpg
Slovenia's finest: Grega Žemlja, Aljaž Bedene*, Blaž Kavčič; Anže Kopitar, Goran Dragič, Tina Maze, PETER PREVC,
Umag
WTA tour: Association of tennis players without variety, defensive skills and with random winners.
Mateya is offline  
post #408 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 06:30 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,509
                     
Re: AO 2012 SF: Nadal def Federer 6-7(5) 6-2 7-6(5) 6-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateya View Post
I raced home from job to watch this freaking match at noon (started at 9.30 here in Europe) and I got it at 1-1 in the 4th set. Thank you, boss

How Federer was the favourite for this match is beyond me. As a totaly neutral tennis fan I expected Rafzilla to win in 4 or 5 sets, featuring classic abuse of Olderer's backand and grinding him out from the baseline with too much UEs from Olderer on the end.

Nadal alien-like defence was just out of this world. Shots he got back were unreal, especialy the break point when serving for the match. A bit lucky, but overall just too good for Roger today.

Start of new season = fresh and hungry Rafzilla = Roger in big trouble
Agree.
LawrenceOfTennis is offline  
post #409 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 06:31 PM
Registered User
 
TBkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Age: 21
Posts: 4,327
                     
Re: AO 2012 SF: Nadal def Federer 6-7(5) 6-2 7-6(5) 6-4

No guys no ...
I don't get you guys why are you thinking so much on it ? really ?
FIRST - YOU CAN BE like Djokovic as good at retrieving but with more offensive tennis with firepower.
SECOND - ROB NADAL OUT OF TIME and be nearly as consistent... see (Davydenko)
TBkeeper is offline  
post #410 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 06:38 PM
Registered User
 
samanosuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 20,218
                     
Re: AO 2012 SF: Nadal def Federer 6-7(5) 6-2 7-6(5) 6-4

I just realize Fed won't win golden slam this year

La Undécima
samanosuke is offline  
post #411 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 06:38 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 24,270
                     
Re: AO 2012 SF: Nadal def Federer 6-7(5) 6-2 7-6(5) 6-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIMIC View Post
1. I wouldn't have discounted Berdych's chances against Fed here
2. Ummm....Novak?
I have a feeling Novak will choke to Murray. He is grabbing his leg and pretending he can't breathe. Now that would be fixed when he faces Nadal. That's what happens when you own someone's ass. But I was hoping for a Murray Fed final Then again, I really don't care who wins as long as Fedal never happens. Heck. Even Roddick winning does not disturb me that much

SheepleBuster: Nikola Tesla of MTF ...Jesus of America - the Capitalist Crusader.. the Morning Star ... the Bringer of Light.

My Black List: InfiDULL, Gutless Federer

Suarez & Nadal : True Trailblazers in Sports
*Proud hater of the neo-L.Ron Hubbard of Espana, the fake Pharaoh without clothes ... cult leader extraordinaire and ...

Fact: George Washington did not lose to Nole in Wimbledon final
SheepleBuster is offline  
post #412 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 06:40 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,904
                     
Re: AO SF: Nadal lets Federer choke once again 6-7(5) 6-2 7-6(5) 6-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceOfTennis View Post
when somebody is hitting passing shots left and right, it is outplaying.
I guess we didn't watch the same match
Myrre is offline  
post #413 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 06:42 PM
Registered User
 
Sillyrabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Map, please
Posts: 1,899
                     
Re: AO 2012 SF: Nadal def Federer 6-7(5) 6-2 7-6(5) 6-4

This has happened so many times now in the same way, that I'm still surprised to see some much butt hurt from some Federer fans/Nadal haters in the first few pages

"Frankly My Dear, I don't give a damn"
Sillyrabbit is offline  
post #414 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 06:42 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,509
                     
Re: AO SF: Nadal lets Federer choke once again 6-7(5) 6-2 7-6(5) 6-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrre View Post
I guess we didn't watch the same match
I agree.
LawrenceOfTennis is offline  
post #415 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 06:45 PM
Registered User
 
samanosuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 20,218
                     
Re: AO 2012 SF: Nadal def Federer 6-7(5) 6-2 7-6(5) 6-4

poor Gulbis, everybody insulting him for making tons of UEs with brainless ballbashing and not realizing he gets outplayed every time

La Undécima
samanosuke is offline  
post #416 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 06:55 PM
Registered User
 
sammy01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Derby
Posts: 8,327
                     
Re: AO 2012 SF: Nadal def Federer 6-7(5) 6-2 7-6(5) 6-4

i don't ever see federer beating nadal in a slam ever again. to beat nadal he has to play full out attacking tennis and stick with it for however many sets it takes. he hasn't the nerve and maybe even the game to keep that up in best of 5 anymore.

the 1st 5 games he ripped at the ball and it was the way to go about it, but even then he started to doubt it with those 2 poor unsure volleys to get broken.

nadal hit some inspirational passes and some out of this world gets, that only futher put doubt in fed's mind as to how to go about winning the match.

Tori Amos

Quote:
You don't show much these days, I get so fucking cold. He moves like the sunset, god who painted that
Follow me on twitter I talk loads of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline  
post #417 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 96,401
                     
Re: AO 2012 SF: Nadal def Federer 6-7(5) 6-2 7-6(5) 6-4

For a guy who is sponsored by Rolex Federer's timing against Nadal is always off.

The reason why people attended the Del Potro v Lu match at AO 2012:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentos View Post
have laugh at the people who attended this. Couldn't afford tomic on laver so they settle for this.
bad gambler is offline  
post #418 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 06:59 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,133
                     
Re: AO 2012 SF: Nadal def Federer 6-7(5) 6-2 7-6(5) 6-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy01 View Post
i don't ever see federer beating nadal in a slam ever again. to beat nadal he has to play full out attacking tennis and stick with it for however many sets it takes. he hasn't the nerve and maybe even the game to keep that up in best of 5 anymore.

the 1st 5 games he ripped at the ball and it was the way to go about it, but even then he started to doubt it with those 2 poor unsure volleys to get broken.

nadal hit some inspirational passes and some out of this world gets, that only futher put doubt in fed's mind as to how to go about winning the match.
Federer needs to be aggressive for sure. But he needs to be patient and be aggressive at the right moments. That how Djokovic gets the job done. Federer pulls the trigger too early and makes too many mistakes. I thought he'd been working on his fitness, his biggest failing last year, so he could hang tough with Nadal and Djokovic in 2012. Looks like I was wrong as Fed is still making the same tactical errors as last year.
Poirot123 is offline  
post #419 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 06:59 PM
Registered User
 
MuzzahLovah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Age: 28
Posts: 20,723
                     
Re: AO 2012 SF: Nadal def Federer 6-7(5) 6-2 7-6(5) 6-4

All these paragraphs and paragraphs for such an expected result. God forbid something unexpected happens.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/atta...8&d=1224521470

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline  
post #420 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 07:04 PM
Registered User
 
sammy01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Derby
Posts: 8,327
                     
Re: AO 2012 SF: Nadal def Federer 6-7(5) 6-2 7-6(5) 6-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poirot123 View Post
Federer needs to be aggressive for sure. But he needs to be patient and be aggressive at the right moments. That how Djokovic gets the job done. Federer pulls the trigger too early and makes too many mistakes. I thought he'd been working on his fitness, his biggest failing last year, so he could hang tough with Nadal and Djokovic in 2012. Looks like I was wrong as Fed is still making the same tactical errors as last year.
for me he doesn't have the backhand to rally with nadal like djokovic, when they get into rallies nadal does his thing of working over federer's backhand and then the point becomes NID for nadal.


i have to also say matts wilander is on crack. his commentating was beyond crazy at times, talking about swearing at his kids in different languages, punching people. his theories and stories were like a drunk on last orders.

Tori Amos

Quote:
You don't show much these days, I get so fucking cold. He moves like the sunset, god who painted that
Follow me on twitter I talk loads of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome