The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 177 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 01:26 PM
Registered User
 
Sophocles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Age: 42
Posts: 8,991
                     
Re: The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
That thing happens. Nadal and Djokovic in retrospect were better adpated than him.
That doesn't even make sense.

"There is no such thing as 'the world'." - Enoch Powell.
Sophocles is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 177 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Registered User
 
Shinoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: My Flag
Posts: 4,292
                     
Re: The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophocles View Post
That doesn't even make sense.
Nadal and Djokovic are better than him. Does that?
Shinoj is offline  
post #93 of 177 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 01:32 PM
Registered User
 
Mystique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 24
Posts: 2,727
                     
Re: The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophocles View Post
That doesn't even make sense.
Course trolls will not make sense

"In my opinion he's the best player ever. When you play tennis, playing Federer is kind of a dream because you can see he does everything you would love to do on the court" - Fabrice Santoro
Mystique is offline  
post #94 of 177 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 01:32 PM
Registered User
 
Sophocles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Age: 42
Posts: 8,991
                     
Re: The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
Nadal and Djokovic are better than him. Does that?
Completely.

In the same way that saying the earth is flat does.

"There is no such thing as 'the world'." - Enoch Powell.
Sophocles is offline  
post #95 of 177 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 01:32 PM
Registered User
 
Looner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 13,206
                     
Re: The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
Nadal and Djokovic are better than him. Does that?
You must be trolling. Tell me you are. Otherwise I am worried about your mental health.
Looner is offline  
post #96 of 177 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 02:20 PM
Registered User
 
Saberq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,983
                     
Re: The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year

I think that the part of Fed's decline is the fact that the surfaces are slowed down ....
Saberq is offline  
post #97 of 177 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 02:33 PM
Registered User
 
Mystique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 24
Posts: 2,727
                     
Re: The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year

Federer was an excellent player on slow surfaces, still is though not to the same extend
But really only Nadal is a hard matchup for him on slow-ass surfaces.
People just think Federer doesnt like slow surfaces because he is also exceptional on fast surfaces too.

"In my opinion he's the best player ever. When you play tennis, playing Federer is kind of a dream because you can see he does everything you would love to do on the court" - Fabrice Santoro
Mystique is offline  
post #98 of 177 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 02:38 PM
Registered User
 
Saberq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,983
                     
Re: The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Federer was an excellent player on slow surfaces, still is though not to the same extend
But really only Nadal is a hard matchup for him on slow-ass surfaces.
People just think Federer doesnt like slow surfaces because he is also exceptional on fast surfaces too.
doesnt matter....on slow hardcourt and grass he is more beatable
Saberq is offline  
post #99 of 177 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 02:41 PM
Registered User
 
Mystique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 24
Posts: 2,727
                     
Re: The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
doesnt matter....on slow hardcourt and grass he is more beatable
Yes, now he is very beatable. And not just on slow HC and grass. I dont contest that.

My point was only that slowing down of HCs is not a reason per se of his decline. These surfaces became harder for him once he started declining.

"In my opinion he's the best player ever. When you play tennis, playing Federer is kind of a dream because you can see he does everything you would love to do on the court" - Fabrice Santoro

Last edited by Mystique; 01-10-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Mystique is offline  
post #100 of 177 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 02:47 PM
Registered User
 
Saberq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,983
                     
Re: The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year

I agree completely ......If everything was the same as in 2006 he would still win Slams
Saberq is offline  
post #101 of 177 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 03:08 PM
Registered User
 
Shinoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: My Flag
Posts: 4,292
                     
Re: The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year

Your Agreeing that Federer has not declined that much would only hurt your Federer is GOAT in normal circumstances ego.
Shinoj is offline  
post #102 of 177 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 03:11 PM
Registered User
 
Mystique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 24
Posts: 2,727
                     
Re: The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
Your Agreeing that Federer has not declined that much would only hurt your Federer is GOAT in normal circumstances ego.
I take it you are referring to me.
Well, dont you worry about me and my ego. At least I CAN have that ego unlike you.

"In my opinion he's the best player ever. When you play tennis, playing Federer is kind of a dream because you can see he does everything you would love to do on the court" - Fabrice Santoro
Mystique is offline  
post #103 of 177 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 05:43 PM
Registered User
 
Shinoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: My Flag
Posts: 4,292
                     
Re: The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
I take it you are referring to me.
Well, dont you worry about me and my ego. At least I CAN have that ego unlike you.

I am as humble as they come. .. Humble like bald Agassi




But seriously on the Topic, i do think Federer had one last Grand Slam left in him. And he may not be consistent as before but given a day he still can conjure up "that" federer. Thats why i am saying in terms of getting that peak game he is still the same.
Shinoj is offline  
post #104 of 177 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 06:08 PM
Registered User
 
Looner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 13,206
                     
Re: The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
I am as humble as they come. .. Humble like bald Agassi

But seriously on the Topic, i do think Federer had one last Grand Slam left in him. And he may not be consistent as before but given a day he still can conjure up "that" federer. Thats why i am saying in terms of getting that peak game he is still the same.
That is the meaning of declining for Fed. As one of the all-time greats he is not going to lose his game overnight. His decline is expressed in the fact he cannot stomp other top tenners like he used to. You basically overturned your own point. Way to go! Maybe next time do not start a discussion where you yourself know you're wrong.
Looner is offline  
post #105 of 177 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 06:34 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 672
                     
Re: The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
Sure. Your username explains it all.
'Logical' in combination with insulting Nadal calling him 'El Matador', a reminiscence of a horrific 'sport' (in fact, pure animal cruelty), that even a vast majority of educated Spanish people disapprove on. Bull Fighting has been declared illegal in Catalonia just a few weeks ago, haven't you heard of that yet?

Good trolling job, mate!
Why you so serious?El Matador is good name for fighting player.

EL MATADOR!
Logical is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome