The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #76 of 177 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 11:01 AM
Registered User
 
Saberq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,983
                     
Re: The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
that is one of my distastes about Djokovic. it's one thing to have such a boring game style but even his personality is SO stale on the court. besides a rawr here and there, nothing! like a robot!

he's hilarious off the court and has great class but wish he would not be so robotic 'in match'. maybe too focused?

definitely will be sad when "Fedal" both are gone as the tennis field will lack some flare but maybe (unlikely??) someone will make up for that in the near future

Says the Nadal fan....his game and personality are the most boring in the history of tennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash86 View Post
Agreed. Federer & Nadal have very distinct, unique styles. Djokovic on the other hand basically has all the textbook shots and pulls them all off insanely well very much like a tennis robot. That's one reason I find it laughable to suggest that Djokovic is the better shotmaker than Nadal - Djokovic is more aggressive but rarely does he hit the unbelievable shots that Nadal does (or Federer does) i.e. ones that wow the crowd and no one else seems to have in their locker.

The excitement Fedal brought had a lot to do with people who weren't normally tennis fans being to appreciate their game and also the real contrast in styles. I am in awe of Djokovic's consistency & retrieval skills but his style of play is not unique at all...
Unlike Nadal Novak has two elite wings,elite return,much better serve...all shots ....his passing shots are better at this point,lobs,and he paints lines with every shot......drop the keyboard man go outside take a walk it's a nice day
Saberq is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #77 of 177 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 11:10 AM
Registered User
 
Mystique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 24
Posts: 2,727
                     
Re: The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year

I myself am not a big fan of Djokovic v.2011. I used to like the more attacking Djokovic more. Glimpses of which he showed in Abu Dhabi this year.
But anyone who says that Djokovic doesnt pull off spectacular WOW shots like Nadal or Federer is just in bitter denial. He has a more technically perfect game than Nadal, and he has been consistent to the point of being irritating last year, but there is a reason he featured in some of the best matches of the year. He pulled off some of the shots of the year easily.
Some of Nadal's shots look more impressive because he is a lefty and Federer is perhaps the best pure shotmaker in tennis. But that doesnt mean Djokovic is robotic in comparison. If he is, so is Nadal on clay.

I agree Djokovic's game isnt perhaps "unique", but basically its just because he is very good off both wings - together more solid than both Nadal and Federer really, so one wing doesnt stand out as prominently as is the case with Rafa and Roger.

"In my opinion he's the best player ever. When you play tennis, playing Federer is kind of a dream because you can see he does everything you would love to do on the court" - Fabrice Santoro
Mystique is offline  
post #78 of 177 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 11:11 AM
Registered User
 
Shinoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: My Flag
Posts: 4,184
                     
Re: The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedvsNole View Post
Federer even at 30 still has the game to beat prime novak but his mental choking is what he has to overcome in 2012. Novak relies physically more on his game than federer did and he started slowing down a few months after turning 25 going into 2007 granted he won 3 slams but he had movement wise declined.


If this decline happens to nole, it will be more pronounced and debilitating since his game will be far more affected by decline in speed, movement, reflexes which are usually visible around 25. He'll win more slams but his physical peak is at this only going downwards.
To be honest, Federer never Really Declined, it was Nadal who emerged.
Shinoj is offline  
post #79 of 177 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 11:16 AM
Registered User
 
Mystique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 24
Posts: 2,727
                     
Re: The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
To be honest, Federer never Really Declined, it was Nadal who emerged.
Not this crap again

"In my opinion he's the best player ever. When you play tennis, playing Federer is kind of a dream because you can see he does everything you would love to do on the court" - Fabrice Santoro
Mystique is offline  
post #80 of 177 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 11:31 AM
Registered User
 
Shinoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: My Flag
Posts: 4,184
                     
Re: The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
I myself am not a big fan of Djokovic v.2011. I used to like the more attacking Djokovic more. Glimpses of which he showed in Abu Dhabi this year.
But anyone who says that Djokovic doesnt pull off spectacular WOW shots like Nadal or Federer is just in bitter denial. He has a more technically perfect game than Nadal, and he has been consistent to the point of being irritating last year, but there is a reason he featured in some of the best matches of the year. He pulled off some of the shots of the year easily.
Some of Nadal's shots look more impressive because he is a lefty and Federer is perhaps the best pure shotmaker in tennis. But that doesnt mean Djokovic is robotic in comparison. If he is, so is Nadal on clay.

I agree Djokovic's game isnt perhaps "unique", but basically its just because he is very good off both wings - together more solid than both Nadal and Federer really, so one wing doesnt stand out as prominently as is the case with Rafa and Roger.
Well Djokovic was indeed attacking for most of the year. But as it is for all of the matches Djokovic is not standing alone in the court. The other Guy is also going to attack him. So he has to defend them.

I would say that in most of his matches against Nadal he was attacking and in the Federer matches Federer was just super motivated so he attacked him more. And against players like tsonga you do not attack them because most of the times they self destruct themselves so there is no point in attacking them.
Shinoj is offline  
post #81 of 177 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 11:34 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,339
                     
Re: The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedvsNole View Post
Federer even at 30 still has the game to beat prime novak but his mental choking is what he has to overcome in 2012. Novak relies physically more on his game than federer did and he started slowing down a few months after turning 25 going into 2007 granted he won 3 slams but he had movement wise declined.


If this decline happens to nole, it will be more pronounced and debilitating since his game will be far more affected by decline in speed, movement, reflexes which are usually visible around 25. He'll win more slams but his physical peak is at this only going downwards.
When Fed started to decline, he had to deal with Nadal, one of all time greats, at his peak, as well as rising Djokovic and Murray.

Who will Djokovic had to face when he starts to decline? the current rest are mostly mugs and the youngsters are pathetic.
atennisfan is offline  
post #82 of 177 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 11:39 AM
Registered User
 
Shinoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: My Flag
Posts: 4,184
                     
Re: The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year

Its a Big Myth that Federer declined.
Shinoj is offline  
post #83 of 177 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 11:57 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,511
                     
Re: The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
Its a Big Myth that Federer declined.
Of course. He's peaking this year to grab the golden CYGS. Heard this first from me, folks!
paseo is offline  
post #84 of 177 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Registered User
 
Shinoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: My Flag
Posts: 4,184
                     
Re: The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by paseo View Post
Of course. He's peaking this year to grab the golden CYGS. Heard this first from me, folks!
He might have declined like 5 degree out of 100 but not much to be honest. At first Nadal came and he had a stranglehold over Federer and then Djokovic peaked.

Federer never really declined only better others have emerged.
Shinoj is offline  
post #85 of 177 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 01:07 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,339
                     
Re: The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
To be honest, Federer never Really Declined, it was Nadal who emerged.
So every human being on earth must decline, but Federer is not allowed to decline?

Sometimes I wonder if people really use what they have upstairs.
atennisfan is offline  
post #86 of 177 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 01:09 PM
Registered User
 
Shinoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: My Flag
Posts: 4,184
                     
Re: The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by atennisfan View Post
So every human being on earth must decline, but Federer is not allowed to decline?

Sometimes I wonder if people really use what they have upstairs.

i never said he is not allowed to decline
Shinoj is offline  
post #87 of 177 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 01:55 PM
country flag arm
Registered User
 
arm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,929
                     
Re: The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
that is one of my distastes about Djokovic. it's one thing to have such a boring game style but even his personality is SO stale on the court. besides a rawr here and there, nothing! like a robot!

he's hilarious off the court and has great class but wish he would not be so robotic 'in match'. maybe too focused?

definitely will be sad when "Fedal" both are gone as the tennis field will lack some flare but maybe (unlikely??) someone will make up for that in the near future
Robotic, are you kidding me? This is the guy that in a Grand Slam semi final, 2 match points is still communicating with the crowd, asking of support and smiling. Smiling when he is one match point down. Very robotic of him.

People see what they want to see.
arm is offline  
post #88 of 177 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 02:00 PM
Registered User
 
Shinoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: My Flag
Posts: 4,184
                     
Re: The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year

I will ask a question If Federer had declined so much how come he beat Djokovic at RG and how he was almost in the Final at the US Open? And how he won three tournaments in a Row at the Season end?
Shinoj is offline  
post #89 of 177 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 02:07 PM
Registered User
 
Mystique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 24
Posts: 2,727
                     
Re: The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
I will ask a question If Federer had declined so much how come he beat Djokovic at RG and how he was almost in the Final at the US Open? And how he won three tournaments in a Row at the Season end?
Because that is how a guy who wins 10+ titles every season for 3-4 consecutive years declines? By winning 4 titles. A guy who used to lose 4 or 5 matches? By losing 10+ matches. A guy who used to make all slam finals? By making one slam final.

But, duh, why am I trying to make sense to you? Have it your way. Federer hasnt declined, in fact watch him peak in 2012 and sweep the slams

"In my opinion he's the best player ever. When you play tennis, playing Federer is kind of a dream because you can see he does everything you would love to do on the court" - Fabrice Santoro
Mystique is offline  
post #90 of 177 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 02:23 PM
Registered User
 
Shinoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: My Flag
Posts: 4,184
                     
Re: The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Because that is how a guy who wins 10+ titles every season for 3-4 consecutive years declines? By winning 4 titles. A guy who used to lose 4 or 5 matches? By losing 10+ matches. A guy who used to make all slam finals? By making one slam final.

But, duh, why am I trying to make sense to you? Have it your way. Federer hasnt declined, in fact watch him peak in 2012 and sweep the slams
That thing happens. Nadal and Djokovic in retrospect were better adpated than him.
Shinoj is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome