Federer 2008 or Nadal 2011? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com
View Poll Results: Better season?
Federer's 2008 37 51.39%
Nadal's 2011 32 44.44%
Both are equal 3 4.17%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-24-2011, 02:55 PM
Registered User
 
samanosuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 19,955
                     
Re: Federer 2008 or Nadal 2011?

nadal's 2011 without any doubt . 7 lost finals, 2 slam finals, 4 masters 1000 finals, these stuff I will remember forever, who even today remembers that shitty US win for Fed

La Décima
samanosuke is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-24-2011, 03:01 PM
Registered User
 
helvet empire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 638
                     
Re: Federer 2008 or Nadal 2011?

Federer in 2008 had the GOAT year for an ill player.

/end thread.

proud Roger Federer, Andy Murray and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga fan

Even prouder Rafael Nadull hater
helvet empire is offline  
post #33 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-24-2011, 07:04 PM
Registered User
 
jdenelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 193
                     
Re: Federer 2008 or Nadal 2011?

Nadal,
jdenelle is offline  
post #34 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-24-2011, 09:00 PM
Registered User
 
MrChopin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Age: 31
Posts: 2,355
                     
Re: Federer 2008 or Nadal 2011?

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
nadal's 2011 without any doubt . 7 lost finals, 2 slam finals, 4 masters 1000 finals, these stuff I will remember forever, who even today remembers that shitty US win for Fed
Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
nadal's 2011 without any doubt . 7 lost finals, 2 slam finals, 4 masters 1000 finals, these stuff I will remember forever, who even today remembers that shitty US win for Fed
I do. When I get old and dumb, I will forget everything Nadal did in 2011. Pretty much already have, and most of the rest of his career as well. But I won't forget the first set of Fed-Djokovic in SF or first and third set against Murray in F, or that first break in the 5th set against Andreev when the USO '08 crowd went ballistic for Fed.

Says something when you remember master 1000 finals over slam wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruzzz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
Nadal will be fine by australian open......
You're like a living unforced error.
MrChopin is offline  
post #35 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-24-2011, 09:12 PM
Registered User
 
samanosuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 19,955
                     
Re: Federer 2008 or Nadal 2011?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChopin View Post
I do. When I get old and dumb, I will forget everything Nadal did in 2011. Pretty much already have, and most of the rest of his career as well. But I won't forget the first set of Fed-Djokovic in SF or first and third set against Murray in F, or that first break in the 5th set against Andreev when the USO '08 crowd went ballistic for Fed.

Says something when you remember master 1000 finals over slam wins.

La Décima
samanosuke is online now  
post #36 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-24-2011, 10:39 PM
country flag HKz
Hakeem
 
HKz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mesa
Posts: 5,234
                     
Re: Federer 2008 or Nadal 2011?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
SARS? what the fuck?and you can play if you have allergies if you have mono you cant
I had mono and strep at the same time and I still played throughout my senior year of varsity tennis fine for the most part.

It all depends on how severe the case is.

By the way, did you just start watching tennis in 2011 or what? Clearly you are not even a true tennis fan if you don't remember the SARS incident.

Federer / Haas / Safin / Gaudio / Kuerten / Youzhny / Nadal / Gonzalez / Ljubicic / Hewitt / Soderling / Wawrinka / Coria / Nalbandian / Kohlschreiber
HKz is offline  
post #37 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-24-2011, 11:31 PM
Registered User
 
Saberq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,983
                     
Re: Federer 2008 or Nadal 2011?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
I had mono and strep at the same time and I still played throughout my senior year of varsity tennis fine for the most part.

It all depends on how severe the case is.

By the way, did you just start watching tennis in 2011 or what? Clearly you are not even a true tennis fan if you don't remember the SARS incident.
oh you mean when Roddick said that he had SARS?Novak never said anything about that you know?and you played against weak competition,Fed played Grand Slam SF
Saberq is offline  
post #38 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-24-2011, 11:34 PM
country flag HKz
Hakeem
 
HKz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mesa
Posts: 5,234
                     
Re: Federer 2008 or Nadal 2011?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
oh you mean when Roddick said that he had SARS?Novak never said anything about that you know?and you played against weak competition,Fed played Grand Slam SF
What a terrible poster you are

I don't know why I continue to reply to your asinine posts and your horrible reasoning which are clearly deluded by being a total Djoktard who started watching tennis this year.

Federer / Haas / Safin / Gaudio / Kuerten / Youzhny / Nadal / Gonzalez / Ljubicic / Hewitt / Soderling / Wawrinka / Coria / Nalbandian / Kohlschreiber
HKz is offline  
post #39 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-25-2011, 12:02 AM
Registered User
 
Saberq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,983
                     
Re: Federer 2008 or Nadal 2011?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
What a terrible poster you are

I don't know why I continue to reply to your asinine posts and your horrible reasoning which are clearly deluded by being a total Djoktard who started watching tennis this year.
I watched Agassi win Wimbledon boy so dont tell me about tennis ok
Saberq is offline  
post #40 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-25-2011, 12:43 AM
country flag HKz
Hakeem
 
HKz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mesa
Posts: 5,234
                     
Re: Federer 2008 or Nadal 2011?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
When did Fed have mono?
This tard always so mad, bad repping all my posts every chance he gets with "shut up" lolol. Get a brain please and some logic too. Random anti-Federer poster that posts once a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
I watched Agassi win Wimbledon boy so dont tell me about tennis ok
Right bro. Cool story.

Federer / Haas / Safin / Gaudio / Kuerten / Youzhny / Nadal / Gonzalez / Ljubicic / Hewitt / Soderling / Wawrinka / Coria / Nalbandian / Kohlschreiber
HKz is offline  
post #41 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-25-2011, 12:48 AM
Registered User
 
MTwEeZi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,537
                     
Re: Federer 2008 or Nadal 2011?

Take a look at the man in this picture:



Does he appear to be angry?





You may need to get your eyes checked. Your blind hatred of other posters has clouded your vision.

MTF Rivalry Terminology:

Nadal + Fedull = Nadull
Muger + Murray = Mugray
Fakerer + Djokovic = Fakervic

The Great Exposures of the Open Era
Muger Fedull: An Overpriced Haircut and Marketing
NOTHING MORE



Fan of the game.
MTwEeZi is offline  
post #42 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-25-2011, 01:08 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 578
                     
Re: Federer 2008 or Nadal 2011?

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
Chopin, I don't think you detected samanosuke's sarcasm.
Benny_Maths is offline  
post #43 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-25-2011, 02:06 AM
country flag HKz
Hakeem
 
HKz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mesa
Posts: 5,234
                     
Re: Federer 2008 or Nadal 2011?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Take a look at the man in this picture:



Does he appear to be angry?





You may need to get your eyes checked. Your blind hatred of other posters has clouded your vision.
I'm guessing you cannot comprehend English. I wasn't referring to your post in this thread, I was referring to your bad rep you clown.

Federer / Haas / Safin / Gaudio / Kuerten / Youzhny / Nadal / Gonzalez / Ljubicic / Hewitt / Soderling / Wawrinka / Coria / Nalbandian / Kohlschreiber
HKz is offline  
post #44 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-25-2011, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Egreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,060
                     
Re: Federer 2008 or Nadal 2011?

Federer was able to win 3 slams after 2008. He still had game and motivation despite Nadal owning him in 2008. Not so sure about Nadal after this year. Which could prove Federer was better in 2008 than Nadal this year.
Egreen is offline  
post #45 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-25-2011, 04:01 PM
Registered User
 
Vida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,579
                     
Re: Federer 2008 or Nadal 2011?

good thread.

both years are marked as ones when a top player got derailed. slight difference, in favor of nadal, is that in 08 it was top players top tournament that he was dumped out of (wimbledon). in my mind, because nadal kept the french open title, this season isnt as bad as 08 was for fed.

reliability...
Vida is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome