Who better? Roddick or Tipsarevic ? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

View Poll Results: Who better? Roddick or Tipsarevic ?
Roddick 48 67.61%
Tipsarevic 23 32.39%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 76 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 11:33 PM
Registered User
 
rickcastle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 934
                     
Re: Who better? Roddick or Tipsarevic ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
H2H is 2-2, however both Tipsy's victories are at slams, so...
And Roddick has positive H2H over Djokovic. H2H are really of little importance especially if the matches are happening before or past your peak.

Right now of course it's Tipsarevic but overall? Only an idiot "weak era" propagandist would claim Tipsarevic is better than Roddick.
rickcastle is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 76 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 11:34 PM
Registered User
 
shiaben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 5,068
                     
Re: Who better? Roddick or Tipsarevic ?

Tipsarevic at the moment is the better player just like I've stated in the other thread. He's got a decent forehand and backhand. His return of serve was good enough to help him go the distance against tough opponents. He's not afraid of going for big winners against big opponents. He's better than Roddick at the moment. Roddick's serve is crumbling, weak backhand again, forehand is mediocre, clearly at this point in time, Tipsarevic is the better player and the ranking doesn't lie. If I were a top 8 player, I'd rather face Roddick, than Tipsarevic, since Tipsy's game is more dangerous since he's got more weapons in the bag.
shiaben is offline  
post #18 of 76 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 11:36 PM
Registered User
 
fmolinari2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 969
                     
Re: Who better? Roddick or Tipsarevic ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirata. View Post
Troicki is better than both
Affirmative.

ROGER FEDERER

COME ON MURRAY!
Andy Murray: USO champion! Roger Federer: LEGEND!

2012: A reminder to all of those who said Murray would never win a GS and that Federer was done winning GS titles!
fmolinari2005 is offline  
post #19 of 76 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 11:37 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sen'jin Village
Age: 32
Posts: 18,509
                     
Re: Who better? Roddick or Tipsarevic ?

Better at what? Playing tennis or fixing?
Topspindoctor is offline  
post #20 of 76 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 11:51 PM
Registered User
 
Arakasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 803
                     
Re: Who better? Roddick or Tipsarevic ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiaben View Post
Tipsarevic at the moment is the better player just like I've stated in the other thread. He's got a decent forehand and backhand. His return of serve was good enough to help him go the distance against tough opponents. He's not afraid of going for big winners against big opponents. He's better than Roddick at the moment. Roddick's serve is crumbling, weak backhand again, forehand is mediocre, clearly at this point in time, Tipsarevic is the better player and the ranking doesn't lie. If I were a top 8 player, I'd rather face Roddick, than Tipsarevic, since Tipsy's game is more dangerous since he's got more weapons in the bag.
Don't try to weasel out of it now. You were comparing Tipsarevic to '06 Roddick and according to you:

Quote:
Tipsarevic might be an inconsistent player, but he still has more overall quality than Roddick does. The only thing Roddick has over him is one lucky slam.
Arakasi is offline  
post #21 of 76 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 11:56 PM
Registered User
 
shiaben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 5,068
                     
Re: Who better? Roddick or Tipsarevic ?

Regardless. O6 Roddick still had weaknesses. Overall as a threat, Tipsarevic is still a bigger threat to most players. Roddick unfortunately, is not. Which reflects where he is in the rankings.

He pushed Federer to 5 sets at the Australian Open in his first shot while someone like Roddick needed many years to push Federer to 5 sets. On top of that Tipsarevic has better overall technique in all their years.

Roddick's return of serve, backhand, have been shitty for almost a decade now. His forehand has also been crap for the last several years. Tipsarevic has weaknesses as well, but not as rudimentary as the ones Roddick has and far few in number.
shiaben is offline  
post #22 of 76 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 12:06 AM
Registered User
 
Smoke944's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12,577
                     
Re: Who better? Roddick or Tipsarevic ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiaben View Post
Regardless. O6 Roddick still had weaknesses. Overall as a threat, Tipsarevic is still a bigger threat to most players. Roddick unfortunately, is not. Which reflects where he is in the rankings.

He pushed Federer to 5 sets at the Australian Open in his first shot while someone like Roddick needed many years to push Federer to 5 sets. On top of that Tipsarevic has better overall technique in all their years.

Roddick's return of serve, backhand, have been shitty for almost a decade now. His forehand has also been crap for the last several years. Tipsarevic has weaknesses as well, but not as rudimentary as the ones Roddick has and far few in number.
Early campaigning for the 2012 ACC, nice stuff.

R.I.P. Henry Chinaski
Smoke944 is offline  
post #23 of 76 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 12:14 AM
Registered User
 
tripwires's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Singapore
Age: 30
Posts: 13,526
                     
Re: Who better? Roddick or Tipsarevic ?

Peak Roddick >>> Peak Tipsarevic and I don't think it's even close. The biggest thing that Roddick has over Tips is that he's not afraid to actually win a tournament.

Roger Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Fed's groundstrokes never were that good to begin with.
tripwires is offline  
post #24 of 76 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 12:14 AM
Registered User
 
rickcastle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 934
                     
Re: Who better? Roddick or Tipsarevic ?

LOL sure a guy who never made it past GS quarterfinals and has 2 career titles more of a threat than 5x GS finalist with 30 career titles at his peak. Classic. You can't make this stuff up
rickcastle is offline  
post #25 of 76 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 02:01 AM
Registered User
 
tennishero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,232
                     
Re: Who better? Roddick or Tipsarevic ?

usa/roddick briggade out in force tonight
tennishero is offline  
post #26 of 76 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 02:11 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 163
                     
Re: Who better? Roddick or Tipsarevic ?

Current: Tipsy

Career: Roddick by far
RafaNadal2012!!! is offline  
post #27 of 76 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 02:21 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 30
Posts: 14,806
                     
Re: Who better? Roddick or Tipsarevic ?

If Tipsarevic wins the poll, will rickcastle put shiaben on his ignore list?
MIMIC is offline  
post #28 of 76 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 02:40 AM
Registered User
 
Snowwy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: A place that's too cold.
Posts: 23,470
                     
Re: Who better? Roddick or Tipsarevic ?

Right now, I would say Tipseravic by a slim margin, but in their careers, Roddick and its not even at all close.

Peter Polansky
Nestor - Chvojka - Pospisil - Raonic - Peliwo
Snowwy is offline  
post #29 of 76 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 03:16 AM
Registered User
 
SetSampras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 33
Posts: 3,274
                     
Re: Who better? Roddick or Tipsarevic ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiaben View Post
Regardless. O6 Roddick still had weaknesses. Overall as a threat, Tipsarevic is still a bigger threat to most players. Roddick unfortunately, is not. Which reflects where he is in the rankings.

He pushed Federer to 5 sets at the Australian Open in his first shot while someone like Roddick needed many years to push Federer to 5 sets. On top of that Tipsarevic has better overall technique in all their years.

Roddick's return of serve, backhand, have been shitty for almost a decade now. His forehand has also been crap for the last several years. Tipsarevic has weaknesses as well, but not as rudimentary as the ones Roddick has and far few in number.
Great post.. You actually prove the point I've been saying for years.. Arguably, Tipsy may be more of a threat then what was Fed's main rival for about 4 years

Roddick is pretty much NO threat to the top.. Tipsarevic seems more of one on his day.. He pushed Fed to 5 at the AO, pushed Nole hard this year as well at the USO. Roddick hasn't really done much of pushing the top guys (besides pushing himself) in a very long time.

Tipsy I always felt was more dangerous.. I actually think hes more talented and deadly then Roddick is.


Listen to reason Fards... Please.. Roddick is no threat and never really has been.
SetSampras is offline  
post #30 of 76 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 03:27 AM
Registered User
 
Fedex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 17,533
                     
Re: Who better? Roddick or Tipsarevic ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SetSampras View Post
Great post.. You actually prove the point I've been saying for years.. Arguably, Tipsy may be more of a threat then what was Fed's main rival for about 4 years

Roddick is pretty much NO threat to the top.. Tipsarevic seems more of one on his day.. He pushed Fed to 5 at the AO, pushed Nole hard this year as well at the USO. Roddick hasn't really done much of pushing the top guys (besides pushing himself) in a very long time.

Tipsy I always felt was more dangerous.. I actually think hes more talented and deadly then Roddick is.


Listen to reason Fards... Please.. Roddick is no threat and never really has been.
Yes, the guy with 2 career titles and a couple QF appearances in slams was always more dangerous and better than a guy with 30 titles, a former world number one with a slam and 4 other finals appearances.

Great stuff.

"I think that now and until the end of my career, I can really play with my mind at peace, and no longer hear that I've never won Roland Garros." - Roger Federer
Fedex is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome