Will Federer regain the #1 spot? - Page 88 - MensTennisForums.com
View Poll Results: Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the top?
Yes, and he will cement his reputation as the best player ever 200 55.56%
No, he will forever be two weeks short of the record 160 44.44%
Voters: 360. You may not vote on this poll

 3Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1306 of 1346 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014, 12:24 PM
Registered User
 
Matt01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 12,440
                     
Re: Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisCup2014 View Post
Nadal would never sniff number one if it wasn't for the virtually free 5,000 points he's given every year during clay season

at least Federer and Djokovic work hard all year round for it.

If those 5000 clay points are for free why aren't Djokovic or Federer able to get them?

Oh, because they aren't vultures

Nadal - Dimitrov - Wawrinka - Del Potro - Carreno Busta - Chardy - Cuevas


Quote:
Originally Posted by nolevolent View Post
Everything i said is right. Can't argue against it since I'm right. Just deal with it.
Matt01 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1307 of 1346 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014, 01:00 PM
Registered User
 
TennisPhan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Age: 34
Posts: 1,707
                     
Re: Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolyon View Post
Those 237 consecutive weeks were mainly due to his mug era accomplishments and the earlier ATP ranking system that was in place prior to 2009. The current ATP ranking system and the players having to defend the ranking points was introduced in 2009.
lmfao, do these dumb dullturds realize they are bashing dull even worse than Federer when they say it was a mug era? cause dull was #2 during this mug era and couldn't win SHIT except on clay. losing to random mugs who were dominated by Federer.

logic and dullturds don't mix. just hilarious stuff

17 >>> 14 >>>> 10
TennisPhan1 is offline  
post #1308 of 1346 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014, 01:02 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Area 51
Posts: 2,758
                     
Re: Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisPhan1 View Post
lmfao, do these dumb dullturds realize they are bashing dull even worse than Federer when they say it was a mug era? cause dull was #2 during this mug era and couldn't win SHIT except on clay. losing to random mugs who were dominated by Federer.

logic and dullturds don't mix. just hilarious stuff
Rafael Nadal was 18 to 21 years age during 2004-2007 era, ages during which Roger Frauderer didn't do batshit.


Nice try though, keep playing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoWilly View Post
Peak HC level:
1 Fed and Djoker 2. Murray 3. Nadal (baby Djoker destroyed him routinely on HC, let alone peak Djoker)
Peak grass level:
1. Fed 2. Djoker 3. Murray 4. Nadal. Just ask injured Darcis how good he is.
Peak Clay level:
1. Djoker (smoked peak Nadal with ease) and Fed (bagelled peak nadal on clay) 2. Murray (just utterly embarrassed Nadal) 3. Nadal.
Anyone who disputes any of this is a troll.

Peak Troll level on MTF = Jo Willy
Speed of Light is offline  
 
post #1309 of 1346 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014, 01:03 PM
Registered User
 
TennisPhan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Age: 34
Posts: 1,707
                     
Re: Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Using 2012 as an example . Federer regained nr. 1 from points after Wimbledon in 2011 and up until Wimbledon 2012. Where was Nadal injured during that period? He started his recovery after Wimbledon 2012, after Federer had already reached nr. 1. In fact, during that period, Nadal made 3 GS finals and won one (RG 2012). Djokovic reached 3 finals and won 2 (USO 2011 and AO 2012). Federer also beat Nadal twice during that period, at the WTF and in IW, while losing at the AO in 2012.
btw is it Feds fault dull can't control his own body? dull plays wrong and is destroying his own knees, back and wrist. he cant be GOAT that way

17 >>> 14 >>>> 10
TennisPhan1 is offline  
post #1310 of 1346 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014, 01:05 PM
Registered User
 
Matt01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 12,440
                     
Re: Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
Rafael Nadal was 18 to 21 years age during 2004-2007 era, ages during which Roger Frauderer didn't do batshit.


Nice try though, keep playing


Nadal - Dimitrov - Wawrinka - Del Potro - Carreno Busta - Chardy - Cuevas


Quote:
Originally Posted by nolevolent View Post
Everything i said is right. Can't argue against it since I'm right. Just deal with it.
Matt01 is offline  
post #1311 of 1346 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014, 01:07 PM
ALT-0
 
Litotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norway
Age: 44
Posts: 61,472
                     
Re: Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolyon View Post
Those 237 consecutive weeks were mainly due to his mug era accomplishments and the earlier ATP ranking system that was in place prior to 2009. The current ATP ranking system and the players having to defend the ranking points was introduced in 2009.

You look at it from any perspective, the old man is the luckiest tennis player ever in the history of tennis and had it all very easy throughout while the others with superior talent have to sweat it out to even come close to the numbers the old man has piled up.
Proves how much you know.

I can tell you that if the current ranking system had been in place 1/1-2000 then Federer would have at least as many weeks as #1 as he has now. There were no big changes during the 2009 revision. Wins are rewarded more now, comparatively, but that would certainly not have been disadvantageous for Fed who always had the most tournament wins the past 12 months when he was #1. If you doubt this name the dates when you feel Fed got "extra weeks" due to the then system, and I will translate the ranking points they had then to the current scale.

Seeing as you bring in totally irrelevant arguments that can easily be demonstrated to be incorrect, do you expect anyone to take your other arguments seriously?

.
(May 8th)
ST rank 36 (best 1) - 14 wins, 3 titles (Paris 2014, Madrid + Vienna 2015) YE rank: 16 - 1 - 22 - 47
TT singles rank 108 (high 29), Titles: Memphis 2015.... TT doubles rank 74 (high 19). Titles: Quito 2015 (w/scarecrows), Basel 2015, Barcelona 2016 (w/Björki), Estoril 2016 (w/Taz Warrior), Kitzbühel 2016 (w/tal20)
Detailed Tennis Tipping results

Member of Tennis Tipping board and Suicide Tennis board

Last edited by Litotes; 08-26-2014 at 01:10 PM.
Litotes is offline  
post #1312 of 1346 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014, 01:17 PM
Registered User
 
Looner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 13,441
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargif View Post
Actually no. Rafa got injured vs Rosol like ive said a Million times and never played till Vina del mar e February.

While Federer won that same Wimby vs Murray. I cant say if Federer would of beaten Rafa, but he handt since 08 so logic ussually rules.
Stop embarrassing yourself and humanity please.


The "Who plays tennis?" thread


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Rod Laver
Roger is like a good red wine, he’s getting better with age.
Looner is offline  
post #1313 of 1346 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014, 01:20 PM
Registered User
 
Johnbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5,809
                     
Re: Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
mattyboy

dull was good enough to win 23 titles (3 slams) during that time, 5 of them (3 masters) on hardcourt. don't act like dull was totally hopeless on hardcourt back then.

dull is a early bloomer, won his first slams at the age of 19. fed was 21 wimby 2003. otoh it's very unlikely that a 30-years-old dull will still winning slams and being ranked at #1. so it evens out.
Johnbert is offline  
post #1314 of 1346 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014, 01:21 PM
Registered User
 
Johnbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5,809
                     
Re: Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
Rafael Nadal was 18 to 21 years age during 2004-2007 era, ages during which Roger Frauderer didn't do batshit.


Nice try though, keep playing
21-year old "frauderer" won wimbledon...
Johnbert is offline  
post #1315 of 1346 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014, 01:30 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Area 51
Posts: 2,758
                     
Re: Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbert View Post
21-year old "frauderer" won wimbledon...
Well, 21 years 10 months 26 days, if you want to be precise, which is nearly the same as 22.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoWilly View Post
Peak HC level:
1 Fed and Djoker 2. Murray 3. Nadal (baby Djoker destroyed him routinely on HC, let alone peak Djoker)
Peak grass level:
1. Fed 2. Djoker 3. Murray 4. Nadal. Just ask injured Darcis how good he is.
Peak Clay level:
1. Djoker (smoked peak Nadal with ease) and Fed (bagelled peak nadal on clay) 2. Murray (just utterly embarrassed Nadal) 3. Nadal.
Anyone who disputes any of this is a troll.

Peak Troll level on MTF = Jo Willy
Speed of Light is offline  
post #1316 of 1346 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014, 01:36 PM
Registered User
 
Matt01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 12,440
                     
Re: Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbert View Post
mattyboy

Don't call me Mattboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbert View Post
dull was good enough to win 23 titles (3 slams) during that time, 5 of them (3 masters) on hardcourt. don't act like dull was totally hopeless on hardcourt back then.

dull is a early bloomer, won his first slams at the age of 19. fed was 21 wimby 2003. otoh it's very unlikely that a 30-years-old dull will still winning slams and being ranked at #1. so it evens out.

LOL...yeah the fact that Nadal won 5 out of 23 tourneys on HC shows that Nadal was great on that surface at that time...great logic.
Nadal peaked in 2008 and 2010 when he won the most big tourneys in one year, not in 2004-2007.

Nadal - Dimitrov - Wawrinka - Del Potro - Carreno Busta - Chardy - Cuevas


Quote:
Originally Posted by nolevolent View Post
Everything i said is right. Can't argue against it since I'm right. Just deal with it.
Matt01 is offline  
post #1317 of 1346 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014, 01:42 PM
Registered User
 
Orka_n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 25,550
                     
Re: Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
Rafael Nadal was 18 to 21 years age during 2004-2007 era, ages during which Roger Frauderer didn't do batshit.

Nice try though, keep playing
The usual brainwashed bullshit Nadal won his first slam in 2005 as you know. And if you watch the YEC 2006 Nadal did not play worse on hard courts then than he does now, actually rather than that he has slowed down.

Now, Federer himself has said that the 1 thing he regrets about his career was that he did not put down the hard work and really aimed for the top about 2 years earlier than he did. That's something he only started doing after his coach Peter Carter died in a car crash (a week before Fed turned 21). Nadal on the other hand had Uncle phony whipping his back since he was a small kid, no wonder he was an early bloomer.


January 8th 2017:

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishingmove View Post
Exhorer Semiretirer is back


Tea of truth:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreak4coffee View Post
It is Fabio's world and we are all just living in it
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
We should be appreciative of Federer though, because we will never see anything like him again. The fact he can still compete for slams ever after the erosion of his physical skills is really a greater testament to the natural talent he has than the period of time when he was dominating the tour.
Orka_n is online now  
post #1318 of 1346 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014, 01:49 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Area 51
Posts: 2,758
                     
Re: Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
The usual brainwashed bullshit Nadal won his first slam in 2005 as you know. And if you watch the YEC 2006 Nadal did not play worse on hard courts then than he does now, actually rather than that he has slowed down.

Now, Federer himself has said that the 1 thing he regrets about his career was that he did not put down the hard work and really aimed for the top about 2 years earlier than he did. That's something he only started doing after his coach Peter Carter died in a car crash (a week before Fed turned 21). Nadal on the other hand had Uncle phony whipping his back since he was a small kid, no wonder he was an early bloomer.
Ok, now it's Rafa's fault that Fed was a late bloomer?.

And please don't even get me started on Rafa being a better hard-court player at 18-21 years age when he used to get routined by clowns at the slams, than when he peaked and/or is now. Even as uptight a Fedtard as you are, even you must release that's barking down the wrong tree. Just ask the entire ATP field who got annihilated last summer at Toronoto/Cincy/USO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoWilly View Post
Peak HC level:
1 Fed and Djoker 2. Murray 3. Nadal (baby Djoker destroyed him routinely on HC, let alone peak Djoker)
Peak grass level:
1. Fed 2. Djoker 3. Murray 4. Nadal. Just ask injured Darcis how good he is.
Peak Clay level:
1. Djoker (smoked peak Nadal with ease) and Fed (bagelled peak nadal on clay) 2. Murray (just utterly embarrassed Nadal) 3. Nadal.
Anyone who disputes any of this is a troll.

Peak Troll level on MTF = Jo Willy
Speed of Light is offline  
post #1319 of 1346 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014, 01:50 PM
Registered User
 
Johnbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5,809
                     
Re: Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
Just ask the entire ATP field who got annihilated last summer at Toronoto/Cincy/USO.
after dull came back from a 7 month vacation...
Johnbert is offline  
post #1320 of 1346 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014, 01:52 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Area 51
Posts: 2,758
                     
Re: Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbert View Post
after dull came back from a 7 month vacation...
Timeout due to injury, which was supposed to slow him down like any other guy on the planet, if not for his spartan resolve and greatness


Quote:
Originally Posted by JoWilly View Post
Peak HC level:
1 Fed and Djoker 2. Murray 3. Nadal (baby Djoker destroyed him routinely on HC, let alone peak Djoker)
Peak grass level:
1. Fed 2. Djoker 3. Murray 4. Nadal. Just ask injured Darcis how good he is.
Peak Clay level:
1. Djoker (smoked peak Nadal with ease) and Fed (bagelled peak nadal on clay) 2. Murray (just utterly embarrassed Nadal) 3. Nadal.
Anyone who disputes any of this is a troll.

Peak Troll level on MTF = Jo Willy
Speed of Light is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome