Rank Nadal's level in the French - MensTennisForums.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-26-2011, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
bounccer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 41
Posts: 852
                     
Rank Nadal's level in the French

Which version is better?

I would say:


1- Nadal 2008, unbeatable

2- Nadal 2007, underrated, only loses one set to a very good Federer

3- Nadal 2010, a little bit overrated IMO


Now it's close

4- Nadal 2006, very very fast

5- Nadal 2005, same here, but still rookie

6- Nadal 2011, Except the Soderling match, it was fucking average

7- Nadal 2009, Last, but close to Nadal 2005 and 2011 IMO, without Soderling he would probably win the tournament confortably
bounccer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-26-2011, 09:51 AM
Registered User
 
GSMnadal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Netherlands
Age: 24
Posts: 16,533
                     
Re: Rank Nadal's level in the French

Seems about right, only the gap between 1 and 2 should be bigger, might want to leave some room between them. Maybe even a seperate post for Rafa's 2008 level

RAFAEL NADAL

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline  
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-26-2011, 01:16 PM
Registered User
 
TheRafaelNadal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 889
                     
Re: Rank Nadal's level in the French

2006 is 2nd for me. Considering how good Federer was that year he did well to beat him.

[Signature removed by the request of Rafael Nadal]
TheRafaelNadal is offline  
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-26-2011, 01:34 PM
Registered User
 
manadrainer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 33
Posts: 2,214
                     
Re: Rank Nadal's level in the French

Nadal from 2006 to 2008 was his highest level on clay.

I agree 2010 is overrated on clay.

Off topic: to me Nadal from MC 2008 to AO 2009 was at his highest level on all surfaces. I'd consider that his peak, even more than 2010. I'd like to know what Rafa fans think about that.

8th day of July 2012: 7-time Wimbledon champion!

Once upon a time there was a myth about strong and weak eras. On this glorious day the clownery was eventually unmasked: 30 y.o. past-prime daddy Fed became #1 once again in the supposed strong "Spartan" era with his rivals at their peak.
And they all lived happily ever after.
Long live King Federer!


17 Grand Slam titles
7 Wimbledon titles
302 weeks at #1
Legend
manadrainer is offline  
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-26-2011, 01:37 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 82
                     
Re: Rank Nadal's level in the French

I´d say:

2008- just amazing
2006- beat Peak Federer and Nadal played almost perfect clay court tennis
2007
2005- young Rafa was faster and made only a few UE
2009- his only loss, but he was really strong. Soderling was just unplayable
2010- a bit overrated and he had an easy draw (Melzer in SF, needed 2 Tie-Breaks against Almagro)
2011- 5 Sets against Isner, big problems in the Final, 5-1 40-0 down against Andujar
RogerFedererNo1 is offline  
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-26-2011, 01:42 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 82
                     
Re: Rank Nadal's level in the French

Quote:
Originally Posted by manadrainer View Post
Nadal from 2006 to 2008 was his highest level on clay.

I agree 2010 is overrated on clay.

Off topic: to me Nadal from MC 2008 to AO 2009 was at his highest level on all surfaces. I'd consider that his peak, even more than 2010. I'd like to know what Rafa fans think about that.
I am not a Rafa fan, but I agree. Although Federer was past his peak, it´s not easy to beat him at French Open, Wimbledon and Australian Open. In 2010 the field was worse (Davydenko, del Potro OUT, Federer, Djokovic, Murray clowning).
RogerFedererNo1 is offline  
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-26-2011, 02:04 PM
Registered User
 
GSMnadal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Netherlands
Age: 24
Posts: 16,533
                     
Re: Rank Nadal's level in the French

Quote:
Originally Posted by manadrainer View Post
Nadal from 2006 to 2008 was his highest level on clay.

I agree 2010 is overrated on clay.

Off topic: to me Nadal from MC 2008 to AO 2009 was at his highest level on all surfaces. I'd consider that his peak, even more than 2010. I'd like to know what Rafa fans think about that.
Yes, agree more or less...his clay game was at an absolute peak back then. The main thing was his backhand, right then it was (one of) the best backhand(s) on tour, in 2010 at times, it was almost as shaky as this year. In 08, it would never break down and he could defend so well off that wing.

In 2010 his serve was better than in 2008, and I do think that Rafa's wimbledon performance in 2010 was better than in 2008. Rafa's 2010 US Open might have been the most impressive tournament he's ever played though, considering it's not his best surface.

RAFAEL NADAL

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline  
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-26-2011, 02:08 PM
Registered User
 
Saberq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,983
                     
Re: Rank Nadal's level in the French

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
Yes, agree more or less...his clay game was at an absolute peak back then. The main thing was his backhand, right then it was (one of) the best backhand(s) on tour, in 2010 at times, it was almost as shaky as this year. In 08, it would never break down and he could defend so well off that wing.

In 2010 his serve was better than in 2008, and I do think that Rafa's wimbledon performance in 2010 was better than in 2008. Rafa's 2010 US Open might have been the most impressive tournament he's ever played though, considering it's not his best surface.
GSM Nadal you are my favorite Rafatard man but come on his Wimbledon 2008 was much much better than 2010 while his US Open 2010 was one of the biggest joke and lucky draws in Open era...I mean he won it fair and square but still ....
Saberq is offline  
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-26-2011, 02:18 PM
Registered User
 
GSMnadal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Netherlands
Age: 24
Posts: 16,533
                     
Re: Rank Nadal's level in the French

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
GSM Nadal you are my favorite Rafatard man but come on his Wimbledon 2008 was much much better than 2010 while his US Open 2010 was one of the biggest joke and lucky draws in Open era...I mean he won it fair and square but still ....
Well, Rafa was rusty in the beginning, but his draw was harder in 2010 than in 2008. I find the way he dominated big hitters like Soderling (after the first set) and Berdych and the always dangerous Murray very impressive. Maybe the quality wasn't always there (Haase, Petzschner), but he was more agressive and I like how he played in 2010 more.

Doesn't matter who you would've put against Rafa at the US Open, he was on a mission, he wasn't losing to anyone there. And he beat an already great Djokovic in the final. Nole really started rolling after he beat Federer there. Federer always was the biggest block for Novak, not Rafa. Look up the final again, Nadal put on an epic performance. The desperation on Novak's face was very telling, he probably thought he could never beat this Nadal again.

RAFAEL NADAL

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline  
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-26-2011, 02:18 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 25
Posts: 4,421
                     
Re: Rank Nadal's level in the French

2008- anyone agree - highest clay level from Rafa
2006- very high level, unbeatable at RG in that form too
2007- 2005- about the same, very high level of tennis, in 2005 he was more defensive but quicker, younger
2009- Rafa played great clay season, winning 2 clay Masters, Barca plus F at MAdrid- whit rest he would probably beat Roger, in that match against Robin he was average for his clay season standard and Robin was unplayable.
2010- overrated as whole his season, 2TB-s with Almagro and 1TB with Melzer- yes both in form, but RAfa from earlier years would crush them, he was lucky that Robin was waiting in F not in QF or he could easily lost
2011-what can we say, little confidence at start at RG, nothing extra, Isner, Andujar were troubling him like top clay-courters... this is his luckiest slam i think, Nole out of picture and even Roger could have beaten him in F but choked.
romismak is offline  
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-26-2011, 02:21 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,104
                     
Re: Rank Nadal's level in the French

I think Nadal played quite poorly for his standards at FO 2010, until the final. He was dropping a lot of balls short. In the final he really stepped up his game though and played an amazing match.

His level this year wasn't particularly high, either, and he benefited from Federer's usual self-destruction in the final. IMO he's been in decline on clay since MC 2010.
Singularity is offline  
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-26-2011, 02:23 PM
Registered User
 
Saberq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,983
                     
Re: Rank Nadal's level in the French

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
Well, Rafa was rusty in the beginning, but his draw was harder in 2010 than in 2008. I find the way he dominated big hitters like Soderling (after the first set) and Berdych and the always dangerous Murray very impressive. Maybe the quality wasn't always there (Haase, Petzschner), but he was more agressive and I like how he played in 2010 more.

Doesn't matter who you would've put against Rafa at the US Open, he was on a mission, he wasn't losing to anyone there. And he beat an already great Djokovic in the final. Nole really started rolling after he beat Federer there. Federer always was the biggest block for Novak, not Rafa. Look up the final again, Nadal put on an epic performance. The desperation on Novak's face was very telling, he probably thought he could never beat this Nadal again.
Novak was already mentally out in that match after beating Fed....it's like that was good enough for him...I agree though that Rafa played some scary shit tennis I wont deny that
Saberq is offline  
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-26-2011, 03:37 PM
Registered User
 
fsoica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,316
                     
Re: Rank Nadal's level in the French

Nadal's french level?
I think it tends to 0. i've never heard the bull even trying to speak french

At least guga was trying back in the days ...

Maybe that's why they just cannot love him...oh, wait, it's not that..it's just that they love roger more ...

Q. Do you think you would have been able to play as well as you played today, or you think you would have pulled out from the game if it wasn't the Masters Cup final?

ROGER FEDERER: No, Roger Federer doesn't pull out. Otherwise he doesn't walk on court (smiling).


After losing to Nalbandian in 2005 TMC final...
fsoica is offline  
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-26-2011, 03:45 PM
Registered User
 
GSMnadal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Netherlands
Age: 24
Posts: 16,533
                     
Re: Rank Nadal's level in the French

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsoica View Post
Nadal's french level?
I think it tends to 0. i've never heard the bull even trying to speak french

At least guga was trying back in the days ...

Maybe that's why they just cannot love him...oh, wait, it's not that..it's just that they love roger more ...
He did it in his victory speeches of 2010 and 2011 I believe.

And the French crowd can suck it, Rafa has 6 FO's and is the greatest clay courter of all time

RAFAEL NADAL

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline  
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-26-2011, 03:47 PM
Registered User
 
viruzzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 5,351
                     
Re: Rank Nadal's level in the French

I think 2011 isn't deserved.
But when you analyse "Good-Nadal" level on clay (like the 2010 clay-season), it's fuckin unbeatable.
And yeah, Nadal 2008 was perfect-RG.

Ah, appeal moderation? Wanna know what appeal moderation did to me?
LOOK AT ME!
LOOK AT ME, BOY! THESE ARE THE SCARS OF APPEAL MODERATION!
Take a good long stare, you know you want to.
You're not even man enough to look at my face.

Appeal moderation isn't pretty, you have to watch your friends go to dust.
Appeal moderation is always hungry for your soul and sweet emotions.


First and once godly-worhispped appeal moderator.
(Actually 2nd)
viruzzz is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome