Does anyone like indoor tennis? - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com
View Poll Results: Inddor tennis do you like?
Favoite part of year 48 21.33%
It's good stuff to watch to end the year 111 49.33%
It's tennis. Thus, I like 39 17.33%
No 4 1.78%
The worst part of season 15 6.67%
My favorite player gets points here. The only reason why I pretend its good tennis 8 3.56%
Voters: 225. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #196 of 290 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 07:26 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,930
                     
Re: Does anyone like indoor tennis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOFH View Post
The truest form of tennis. No external factors, just you, the opponent and the ball.
Julián Santiago is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #197 of 290 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 07:31 PM
Registered User
 
TennisOnWood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,012
                     
Re: Does anyone like indoor tennis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by romismak View Post
Yes i like indoor tennis, even with those slow surfaces it is still different kind of tennis, serve is bigger weapon and perfect conditions favour talented guys or guys with weapons- big serve, big FH - agressive gamestyle. For example guys like Nalbandian or Davydenko never had big weapons but their talent and skills are what makes them better indoors than outdoors - clean hitting, with no wind and so on. I really like indoor tennis, because better players are in better position here to win thanks to easy-clean conditions without outdoor elements.
Didn't saw this in last few weeks

HIC IACET ARTHURUS REX QUONDAM REXQUE FUTURUS — "Here lies Arthur, the once and future king."
TennisOnWood is offline  
post #198 of 290 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 07:41 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 24
Posts: 4,382
                     
Re: Does anyone like indoor tennis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisOnWood View Post
Didn't saw this in last few weeks
you meant probably those slow indoor asian 250s or DC matches few weeks ago- but generally i believe indoor tennis really is better for those guys i wrote- bigger serve is weapon indoors - just thanks to no wind - Soderling or Berdych would tell you with their high toss, and also no crazy wind like USO - so not guy who ,,survive,, out there wins but guy who is reallly better - should win.
romismak is offline  
post #199 of 290 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 07:46 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,400
                     
Re: Does anyone like indoor tennis?

It depends on the courts. Paris courts are awful and high-bouncing, but I like the smooth Dubai courts.
Orange Wombat is offline  
post #200 of 290 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Registered User
 
TigerTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bristol, England
Posts: 13,402
                     
Re: Does anyone like indoor tennis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everko View Post
Clwon season ends in the most clownish way. Federer himself lives on Mt.Clown, making this event seem like he won a calendar slam. I can't believe so many people think this event shows anything about Federer and next season.

Book this.

Winning this means nothing. Federer will have a worse 2012 than he did 2011


GOLD

On Murray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamvol View Post
He probably just hangs about in 2nd place protecting himself with 3 bananas whilst waiting for the person in the lead to get blue shelled.
Nadal 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadmap View Post
Nadull was not injured. The reason he was moving like shit near the end of the third set is because of the depression of knowing your opponent is superior in all departments.

TigerTim is offline  
post #201 of 290 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 07:56 PM
.
 
rocketassist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 28,705
                     
Re: Does anyone like indoor tennis?

Everko is my vote for ACC. Not just his two failed predictions, but the fact he insists they're still true

unbiased analyst extraordinaire
rocketassist is offline  
post #202 of 290 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 07:58 PM
Registered User
 
TigerTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bristol, England
Posts: 13,402
                     
Re: Does anyone like indoor tennis?

Everko appears to be failing.

He and Big John will do well for sure

On Murray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamvol View Post
He probably just hangs about in 2nd place protecting himself with 3 bananas whilst waiting for the person in the lead to get blue shelled.
Nadal 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadmap View Post
Nadull was not injured. The reason he was moving like shit near the end of the third set is because of the depression of knowing your opponent is superior in all departments.

TigerTim is offline  
post #203 of 290 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 08:59 PM
Registered User
 
TennisOnWood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,012
                     
Re: Does anyone like indoor tennis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by romismak View Post
you meant probably those slow indoor asian 250s or DC matches few weeks ago- but generally i believe indoor tennis really is better for those guys i wrote- bigger serve is weapon indoors - just thanks to no wind - Soderling or Berdych would tell you with their high toss, and also no crazy wind like USO - so not guy who ,,survive,, out there wins but guy who is reallly better - should win.
Yeah, they were opprobrium for whole concept of Indoor tennis but I got your point, and it was like that in the past

HIC IACET ARTHURUS REX QUONDAM REXQUE FUTURUS — "Here lies Arthur, the once and future king."
TennisOnWood is offline  
post #204 of 290 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 09:45 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,672
                     
Re: Does anyone like indoor tennis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTim View Post


GOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Everko is my vote for ACC. Not just his two failed predictions, but the fact he insists they're still true
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTim View Post
Everko appears to be failing.

He and Big John will do well for sure
See my sig.
Honestly is offline  
post #205 of 290 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 09:49 PM
Registered User
 
TigerTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bristol, England
Posts: 13,402
                     
Re: Does anyone like indoor tennis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestly View Post
See my sig.


on topic:



On Murray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamvol View Post
He probably just hangs about in 2nd place protecting himself with 3 bananas whilst waiting for the person in the lead to get blue shelled.
Nadal 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadmap View Post
Nadull was not injured. The reason he was moving like shit near the end of the third set is because of the depression of knowing your opponent is superior in all departments.

TigerTim is offline  
post #206 of 290 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 09:50 PM
Registered User
 
TennisOnWood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,012
                     
Re: Does anyone like indoor tennis?

And that, for change, was REAL Indoor tennis

HIC IACET ARTHURUS REX QUONDAM REXQUE FUTURUS — "Here lies Arthur, the once and future king."
TennisOnWood is offline  
post #207 of 290 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 10:46 PM
Registered User
 
Marcoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 402
                     
Re: Does anyone like indoor tennis?

Well i definitely prefer outdoor more free outside and the sunrise changing during the match
Marcoo is offline  
post #208 of 290 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 10:54 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,825
                     
Re: Does anyone like indoor tennis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTim View Post
He and Big John will do well for sure


You need better understanding of what the contest is about.
BigJohn is offline  
post #209 of 290 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 10:57 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,825
                     
Re: Does anyone like indoor tennis?

From what I can see from the results, it appears that 90% of people completely disagree with Everfail...
BigJohn is offline  
post #210 of 290 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 11:16 PM
.
 
rocketassist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 28,705
                     
Re: Does anyone like indoor tennis?

The real slam count:

Federer 14
Nadal 11
Djokovic 5
Del Potro 1
Safin 1
Roddick 1

Murray has 0, Sampras has 0, Borg has 0. Any slam before Wimbledon 2003 is void because Rafael Nadal wasn't in the draw.

unbiased analyst extraordinaire
rocketassist is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome