Does anyone like indoor tennis? - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

View Poll Results: Inddor tennis do you like?
Favoite part of year 48 21.33%
It's good stuff to watch to end the year 111 49.33%
It's tennis. Thus, I like 39 17.33%
No 4 1.78%
The worst part of season 15 6.67%
My favorite player gets points here. The only reason why I pretend its good tennis 8 3.56%
Voters: 225. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #136 of 290 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 04:30 AM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Yungos is Scarface
Age: 29
Posts: 66
                     
Re: Does anyone like indoor tennis?

Yungos loves indoor tennis
Yungos is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #137 of 290 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Everko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Age: 32
Posts: 4,137
                     
Re: Does anyone like indoor tennis?

exacly right WeeZi. Golubev has tons of talent. I have to disagree with the Doc on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalfusion
In fact, he may be the one poster here who fails more than you do. Maybe we should all keep that in mind: there is bigger fail than Word Life/Danger Ehren...and its name is Glenn
.

about the Federer Will Fall thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raferminator
Best damn thread I've ever read on MTF. You should be awarded for being a visionary. Some of us out here noticed it and appreciated it.
Federer will fall
Murray will never win a slam
Federer will never beat Nadal again in a slam
Golubev will rise
Go Ouahab
Everko is offline  
post #138 of 290 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 08:51 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Budapest
Posts: 2,528
                     
Re: Does anyone like indoor tennis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
Hardly. Clay is boring. It can be exciting with the right players. Murray made the Djokovic and Nadal matches this year great because he was great. Without him, they would've been generic clay matches. Boring. Even if Andy won RG and was more succesful on the surface, clay would still be boring in my eyes. In fact, the only players I like consistently watching on clay are Ferrer, Murray and Federer. Montanes too, but I don't get to watch him that much. That's why the clay season is so boring. Only a few players are good to watch on the surface and the surface in general really brings down the level of play.

Clay = boring.
The truth is that you're just bored by matches in which Andy Murray is not playing.
LoveFifteen is offline  
post #139 of 290 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 08:52 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,583
                     
Re: Does anyone like indoor tennis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveFifteen View Post
The truth is that you're just bored by matches in which Andy Murray is not playing.
It sums up his boring life.
safin-rules-no.1 is offline  
post #140 of 290 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 08:55 PM
Registered User
 
Saberq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,983
                     
Re: Does anyone like indoor tennis?

Sapeod says Clay boring because Murray sucks ass on clay
Saberq is offline  
post #141 of 290 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 08:58 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,583
                     
Re: Does anyone like indoor tennis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
Sapeod says Clay boring because Murray sucks ass on clay
It doesn't take a genius to work out whose.
safin-rules-no.1 is offline  
post #142 of 290 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 10:00 PM
Registered User
 
Orka_n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 22,884
                     
Re: Does anyone like indoor tennis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everko View Post
exacly right WeeZi. Golubev has tons of talent. I have to disagree with the Doc on this one.
I kind of like Golubev, but the truth is he blows - as you can see from his results this year. And "shotmaker"? He has a little talent but he is the very definition of ballbasher.

Also, is the poll shaping up like you expected it to or what? Almost 90% like indoor tennis.

Tea of truth:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
We should be appreciative of Federer though, because we will never see anything like him again. The fact he can still compete for slams ever after the erosion of his physical skills is really a greater testament to the natural talent he has than the period of time when he was dominating the tour.
Nadaltards in 2014:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
Nadal is by far the most naturally talented player of all time and that is the reason his stay at the top is a lot longer than players like Federer etc were able to do.
Orka_n is offline  
post #143 of 290 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 10:24 PM
Olympic GOAT
 
Sapeod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 21
Posts: 41,642
                     
Re: Does anyone like indoor tennis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
Sapeod says Clay boring because Murray sucks ass on clay
Murray does well on clay. RG semi-final and semi-finals in Monte Carlo and Rome. If Murray sucked on clay so badly as you say, why did Nadal and Djokovic lose sets to him?? In fact, why was Djokovic getting owned by him before Murray brainfarted??

No, clay is boring because it is boring

ANDY MURRAY

SLAMS: 3 WINS, 8 finals, 9 semi-finals, 7 quarter-finals...
WORLD TOUR FINALS: 3 semi-finals...
MASTERS: 12 WINS, 6 finals, 13 semi-finals, 18 quarter-finals...
OLYMPICS: 2 gold medals, 1 silver...
DAVIS CUP: 2016 champion...
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 603-172...
TITLES: 39 and counting...
~ Roger ~ Monty ~ Pics ~ Stronga ~ Berdman ~ Feli ~
Sapeod is offline  
post #144 of 290 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 10:56 PM
Registered User
 
Saberq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,983
                     
Re: Does anyone like indoor tennis?

Clay is boring is some ways but call me when Murray wins a clay tournament ....
Saberq is offline  
post #145 of 290 (permalink) Old 10-28-2011, 12:14 AM
.
 
rocketassist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 29,034
                     
Re: Does anyone like indoor tennis?

Golubev is a ballbasher and a choker- some of the winners he hits are fucking insane, but for Everko to credit him for a great fight after choking a double break against Nadal in the third set solely down to HIS OWN mistakes and nothing the Spaniard did, is mega

unbiased analyst extraordinaire
rocketassist is offline  
post #146 of 290 (permalink) Old 10-28-2011, 12:44 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,095
                     
Re: Does anyone like indoor tennis?

No surface or style inherently bores me. Except Tomic. But I like having diversity. It makes players need different skill sets to stay at the top of the game.

Wimbledon Centre Court Roof: A Blessing and a Curse
http://lastwordonsports.com/2016/06/...rt-roof-curse/
yesh222 is offline  
post #147 of 290 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Everko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Age: 32
Posts: 4,137
                     
Re: Does anyone like indoor tennis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
Also, is the poll shaping up like you expected it to or what? Almost 90% like indoor tennis.
It's what I expected. I knew most of this forum were Nadal haters or people who claim the best tennis is on fast courts. Only a few know better it seems

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalfusion
In fact, he may be the one poster here who fails more than you do. Maybe we should all keep that in mind: there is bigger fail than Word Life/Danger Ehren...and its name is Glenn
.

about the Federer Will Fall thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raferminator
Best damn thread I've ever read on MTF. You should be awarded for being a visionary. Some of us out here noticed it and appreciated it.
Federer will fall
Murray will never win a slam
Federer will never beat Nadal again in a slam
Golubev will rise
Go Ouahab
Everko is offline  
post #148 of 290 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 03:58 PM
Registered User
 
Orka_n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 22,884
                     
Re: Does anyone like indoor tennis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everko View Post
It's what I expected. I knew most of this forum were Nadal haters or people who claim the best tennis is on fast courts. Only a few know better it seems
What a load of bull. This isn't about Nadal at all. And you sure are funny, opening up a poll only to belittle the posters who have a different opinion than you.

Tea of truth:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
We should be appreciative of Federer though, because we will never see anything like him again. The fact he can still compete for slams ever after the erosion of his physical skills is really a greater testament to the natural talent he has than the period of time when he was dominating the tour.
Nadaltards in 2014:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
Nadal is by far the most naturally talented player of all time and that is the reason his stay at the top is a lot longer than players like Federer etc were able to do.
Orka_n is offline  
post #149 of 290 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 04:02 PM
.
 
rocketassist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 29,034
                     
Re: Does anyone like indoor tennis?

Everko hasn't the foggiest about tennis history, let him go.

unbiased analyst extraordinaire
rocketassist is offline  
post #150 of 290 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Everko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Age: 32
Posts: 4,137
                     
Re: Does anyone like indoor tennis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
What a load of bull. This isn't about Nadal at all. And you sure are funny, opening up a poll only to belittle the posters who have a different opinion than you.
I don't want it to be about nadal. But you made it. It's the reason you and others tear up the clay season and act like the indoor season is glorious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalfusion
In fact, he may be the one poster here who fails more than you do. Maybe we should all keep that in mind: there is bigger fail than Word Life/Danger Ehren...and its name is Glenn
.

about the Federer Will Fall thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raferminator
Best damn thread I've ever read on MTF. You should be awarded for being a visionary. Some of us out here noticed it and appreciated it.
Federer will fall
Murray will never win a slam
Federer will never beat Nadal again in a slam
Golubev will rise
Go Ouahab
Everko is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome