Federer fans, who do you like Fed's chances against at AO more, Djok or Nadal? - MensTennisForums.com

View Poll Results: Federer fans, who do you like Fed's chances against at AO more, Djok or Nadal?
Djok 28 66.67%
Nadal 14 33.33%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Banned!
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 300
                     
Question Federer fans, who do you like Fed's chances against at AO more, Djok or Nadal?

When Nadal and Federer met at the 2009 AO it was as thriller, Federer won more points than Nadal but lost the match.




When Djokovic and Federer have met at the AO, Djokovic has won the last 6 sets.



So who would Federer rather play at the 2012 AO? Based on those results, Nadal? Yet based on the other slams (Federer owning Djokovic at 2011 RG and Federer all but beating Djokovic at 2011 USO), Federer would rather play Djokovic.
nadalwon2012 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 12:57 PM
Registered User
 
Saberq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,983
                     
Re: Federer fans, who do you like Fed's chances against at AO more, Djok or Nadal?

Yeah Federer owned Djokovic at RG almost went to 5 sets stupid Rafatard....Fed can beat Rafa on AO surface he cant beat Novak .......
Saberq is offline  
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Banned!
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 300
                     
Re: Federer fans, who do you like Fed's chances against at AO more, Djok or Nadal?

Federer must have a lot of confidence when he plays Djokovic, considering the recent slam meetings. That may override any edge Djokovic has on the AO surface. And just as you claim the 2011 RG meeting was a close 4 setter....the 2011 AO meeting was equally close in terms of each set. And the psychological barrier that Federer faces vs Nadal appears to be very heavy.
nadalwon2012 is offline  
post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 01:04 PM
Registered User
 
Saberq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,983
                     
Re: Federer fans, who do you like Fed's chances against at AO more, Djok or Nadal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalwon2012 View Post
Federer must have a lot of confidence when he plays Djokovic, considering the recent slam meetings. That may override any edge Djokovic has on the AO surface. And the psychological barrier that Federer faces vs Nadal appears to be very heavy.
I would agree on some points but Novak is just better than fed at that surface ...
Saberq is offline  
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Banned!
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 300
                     
Re: Federer fans, who do you like Fed's chances against at AO more, Djok or Nadal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
I would agree on some points but Novak is just better than fed at that surface ...
Yeah but we aren't asking who Federer will beat. The odds are not in Federer's favor in either matchup (Djokovic the favorite because of surface, Nadal the favorite because of h2h history), but who would Federer like his chances against most?
nadalwon2012 is offline  
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 01:10 PM
Registered User
 
Shinoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: My Flag
Posts: 4,292
                     
Re: Federer fans, who do you like Fed's chances against at AO more, Djok or Nadal?

Juan Monaco
Shinoj is offline  
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
Banned!
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 300
                     
Re: Federer fans, who do you like Fed's chances against at AO more, Djok or Nadal?

As in, if you are a Federer fan, who would you fear most at the 2012 AO, Nadal or Djokovic?
nadalwon2012 is offline  
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 01:15 PM
Registered User
 
Saberq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,983
                     
Re: Federer fans, who do you like Fed's chances against at AO more, Djok or Nadal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalwon2012 View Post
Yeah but we aren't asking who Federer will beat. The odds are not in Federer's favor in either matchup (Djokovic the favorite because of surface, Nadal the favorite because of h2h history), but who would Federer like his chances against most?
Djokovic
Saberq is offline  
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 01:15 PM
Banned!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,262
                     
Re: Federer fans, who do you like Fed's chances against at AO more, Djok or Nadal?

He has no chance vs Nole or Nadal, or Murray in 2012, let's be realist
nalbyfan is offline  
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 01:16 PM
Registered User
 
Shinoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: My Flag
Posts: 4,292
                     
Re: Federer fans, who do you like Fed's chances against at AO more, Djok or Nadal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalwon2012 View Post
As in, if you are a Federer fan, who would you fear most at the 2012 AO, Nadal or Djokovic?
he cant win against Nadal to save his life. Obviously for his fan it must be Djokovic.

But if Djokovic continues this form no way federer can match him either.

Last edited by Shinoj; 10-18-2011 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Djoko
Shinoj is offline  
post #11 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
Banned!
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 300
                     
Re: Federer fans, who do you like Fed's chances against at AO more, Djok or Nadal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
he cant win against Nadal to save his life. Obviously for his fan it must be Djokovic.

But if Djokovic continues this form no way federer can match him either.
It's almost as if Nadal vs Federer is almost certain to go 5 sets, while Djokovic vs Federer is not. But yeah maybe Fedal is foregone conclusion because of a mental block.
nadalwon2012 is offline  
post #12 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 01:35 PM
Registered User
 
Shinoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: My Flag
Posts: 4,292
                     
Re: Federer fans, who do you like Fed's chances against at AO more, Djok or Nadal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalwon2012 View Post
It's almost as if Nadal vs Federer is almost certain to go 5 sets, while Djokovic vs Federer is not. But yeah maybe Fedal is foregone conclusion because of a mental block.
que el falso ?
Shinoj is offline  
post #13 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 02:20 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,377
                     
Re: Federer fans, who do you like Fed's chances against at AO more, Djok or Nadal?

Who knows, at this point.
If Djokovic is anywhere near his 2011 form, he will be by far the better player of the two, but Fed's game matches up quite well against him. Whereas half the time Nadal pretty much just has to show up to collect the win.

About My signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by tard da game or topspintardor or whatever, i dont know
Best signature ive ever read on MTF. 800% truth. You should be awarded for being a visionary. Some of us out here noticed it and appreciated it.
Every past, current and future top player will fall
Ouahab will never beat Federer
Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo will never win a slam
dodo is offline  
post #14 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 02:30 PM
Registered User
 
green25814's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 4,379
                     
Re: Federer fans, who do you like Fed's chances against at AO more, Djok or Nadal?

Its obviously Djokovic.

Personally I think Fed can beat Nadal in HC slams, I think the problem is entirely in his head. But regardless, he seems to find playing Djokovic much easier so Whatever.

I love all aspects of TENNIS.

Federer - The Artist
Murray - The Tactician
Nalbandian - The Ballstriker
Llodra - The S/V
green25814 is offline  
post #15 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 02:32 PM
Registered User
 
Imperfect Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 832
                     
Re: Federer fans, who do you like Fed's chances against at AO more, Djok or Nadal?

Djoker definitely. Fed always had mental blockage when he meets Nadal, no matter how great he plays. Unless Nadal performs poorly, I'd still think Fed will feel more comfortable against Djoker.
Imperfect Angel is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MensTennisForums.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome